Coral Reef and Candlelight Processional ??'s

funkiller

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm getting ready to try and make a PS for Coral Reef as part of the Candlelight Processional. I have a few questions...

1. Has anyone dined there recently? Like? Dislike? and why? AND, if so, is the current menu on Deb Will's site the same as what is being served now?

2. When dining with the CP package, do you get to pick directly from the menu or are there special selections you have to choose from?

3. Will they let you make substitutions? For example, if your dinner comes with citrus cous cous, but you'd prefer mashed potatoes (which is served with a different meal), will they let you make the change?

I'm a very picky eater. Last time we did CP (5 years ago), we dined at Le Cellier. We loved it, but thought we'd try a different place this time.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I have never ate there, but I too have a reservation for Coral Reef for the CP. As far as I know, you can choose anything from the menu but the lobster. And I would hope they would not have any problems substituting. It is Disney! We have ate at Le Cellier and Alfredos before and did not have a hard time. I am also a picky eater so I am with you.

Gina::MinnieMo

One additional CR question:

for "landlubbers", what's good? I know I can plug into the menu link, but I'm interested in what you've had recently that was yummy!
We always add a few new places to eat each trip, and I'm pondering this one. My DH and I can do fish ok; DS-16 and DD-14 can not.
thanks!!

I went to Deb's site before this post and what we had is on her menu, we dined there Sept.7th.

For starters- DS (12 special needs) had the Shrimp Cocktail and I had the Creamy Lobster soup

Main course- DS had Triton's Pasta, and I had the grilled Mahi Mahi-excellent!!

Dessert- DS had a special birthday dessert and I had the Chocolate Wave

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this meal!! Everything was so fresh and flavorful. The last time I had dinner there was about 12 years ago, so that should tell you how much we liked it back then.

Great server, loved the wine he suggested for me. No problem attending to my son as well. We had a seat next to the aquarium and the sea turtle planted himself right next to DS. We met many people who wanted to get a picture of that turtle it was great fun.

thanks.
these posts have been really helpful.
I'm going to make a reservation for CR ONLY if we can get next to the tank.
Otherwise, I'm hearing that the food is good but it's all about table location, location, location!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

You can't be guaranteed a table by the tank when you make the PS. Your best chance would be to make a PS for the first seating time of lunch or dinner. Or wait until a table by the tank opens up.

Originally posted by dzneelvr
thanks.
these posts have been really helpful.
I'm going to make a reservation for CR ONLY if we can get next to the tank.
Otherwise, I'm hearing that the food is good but it's all about table location, location, location!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I don't think you can get that guaranteed, but we got there early and I said I was willing to wait for a seat by the tank. Worked out fine. I would think you would still have a decent view without being right next to it, and people got out of their seats to come get a closer view. We loved that part since it was just me and my DS they even offered to take pix of the 2 of us.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter