Copper Creek Villas - Direct vs. Resale - ALOT of details please

Yes they do depending if it’s a loaded contract. That’s negotiable between the buyer and seller. If you are keen on buying a small contract sometimes it is better to buy Disney direct since small contracts go for more in the resale market and may save you maybe 1k or 2k. The choice to buy resale or direct it’s up to the individual there’s no right or wrong answer to that. I’ve bought both direct and resale and would buy both ways if I were to add more points. I would buy direct when I do the math when resale doesn’t save me that much. I’ve seen a lot of times in forums folks would advocate to buy resale and resale only because they save 10s and thousands and I feel that statement is misleading especially for those that are new to dvc and researching which routes to take unless they crunch their own numbers if they really do. Now I believe years back when folks purchased via resale they saved a lot more than today’s resale prices vs direct.

Years ago, direct prices for sold out resorts were not 220 a point!

There is a 230 point Copper Creek listed 139 a point - with 230 2019 points, 230 2020, so not stripped.

220 points direct at 220 is 48,400

Excluding closing costs, thats a difference of 16,430.

Plus OP said they will be financing, so I think its safe to say that that is 16,000$ more they would be financing. And if you go with Disney's interest rates, thats going to be an ADDITIONAL 1,000$ plus per year in interest to start. (maybe every closer to 1,600 a year)

So the premium for buying direct starts at 16K then goes up 1k (or more) a year at first.

Maybe that is not much money to some. But what will amount to over 20,000$ is a lot to me.

If you need to finance, then you should look resale. Your primary focus should be on keeping your costs down and lowering your break-even point.

I'd also really think twice about buying CCV at all. It's difficult to book studios there at even the 11 month mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!