Copper Creek hot water issues?

LYSE

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I'm staying here right now and last night had hot water like normal, but this morning about 6am it took my wife about 5 minutes to start getting warmer water and about 30 minutes ago it took about 15 minutes to get Luke warm water for my daughter's shower (not hot by any stretch of the word)

I'm just curious if this normal? Maintenance shrugged it off and said it happens all the time in the morning and night and couldn't tell me why..he just said to open all the water faucets to help pull more from the water heater.

We are honestly curious since we've stayed at a handful of other DVC and wdw resorts and never had to wait this long for hot water, we loved the resort so far and we're seriously considering adding 75 points direct here but if this is normal it would be a deal breaker.

Thank you guys.

My wife talked to the front desk and they said it can happen when at full capacity..I'm guessing that means when most rooms are also at capacity and not just occupied.

We received an apology and a resort credit and given the option to potentially move properties if the problem isn't better today.

All joking aside, did they fix it? We stayed there in June-July for 10 days and had no problems with the hot water. Hopefully it was just a temp problems and is resolved now. And I hope you have a great trip, even with cool showers.

All joking aside, did they fix it? We stayed there in June-July for 10 days and had no problems with the hot water. Hopefully it was just a temp problems and is resolved now. And I hope you have a great trip, even with cool showers.
Not sure If they did anything but this morning it was okay maybe 2 minutes to hot and just some drops in the temperature throughout the shower but overall acceptable... hopefully it stays that way (or better)

We've run into similar happenings at other places when showering during the "time to get ready and go to the parks". Then it's too much demand has been our guess. During the day sometimes takes a bit to get hot water - then our guess is that people aren't using it so it does have to clear the cold on the way to our room. It's really only been noticeable at rooms at the far end of the resort buildings. It's rare though to run into it but we have experienced it although it's been other places for us not CCV which I've only stayed at 1 night.

I just wanted to add that management has gone above and beyond our expectations, we just got back to our room for a break and found a box of chocolate with an apology letter from the Resort duty manager (Joshua Johnson) it appears they did something and the water situation is better but it still takes longer than it should (even just now) this ON TOP of the resort credit. We are truly impressed and will likely try staying at BRV next time.

well, Disney is cutting back you know. Their a little low on bus drivers too.

The only time we have had too much cold water at a DVC resort is when on a really cold morning we are up early around 5:30 am and have to wait until the hot water clears out the cold pipes. But I have never had to wait more than a few minutes. Sounds like they need to upgrade the pumps and maybe the water heater.

Thanks guys another update...we checked out today but did get a notice this morning that the hot water system was being brought down for repair/maintenance tonight, so there must have been a widespread problem beyond what is normal...glad they are working to fix it.

Thanks for the update, I hope your trip went well and you all had a great time.

Yep, I had the same lukewarm day, but I’m at Boulder Ridge. I want to say it was Wednesday but it may have been Tuesday. We all took lukewarm bordering on cold showers. Luckily it was only the one day. We haven’t had a problem since.

Just a note about the cabins. They are not on the boiler system they each have their own on demand hot water system. Because of this it can take a few minutes to get hot water at the tap.

:earsboy: Bill

Yep, I had the same lukewarm day, but I’m at Boulder Ridge. I want to say it was Wednesday but it may have been Tuesday. We all took lukewarm bordering on cold showers. Luckily it was only the one day. We haven’t had a problem since.
We are just leaving BRV and had the same problem. It happened only once, the one day we did rope drop. On all the other days we showered later and had no problem. We were close to the BRV lobby, 3rd floor first room down the hallway. We are thinking of buying some points there and this kind of worried us. It was our only complaint (besides the tiny bathroom!).

I have had issues at BWV many years ago during thanksgiving week. Resort was filled to capacity so my guests couldn't move to a different room . They lost hot water to whole one bedroom villa and couldn't take showers or wash dishes or even use their washing machine. Several calls to maintenance never fixed the problem as I suspect they needed to shut a major leg of system down to fix and they weren't going to put a lot of people out versus one villa. My friends lost a lot of time waiting for answers that were never resolved. I was given a three night credit and dinner to compensate. My friends have a condo in Naples so they were able to use the extra nights later in the year without having to incur air travel expense. I felt so bad for them but what can you do. It has never happened to me since so it might have been just a one of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!