Coping with loss...

kamerino

Mouseketeer
So I feel rather silly posting this here, but today you have all been a bit of a lifeline (I've spent a great part of the day reading through threads in an attempt to distract myself from what's been going on).

In September I lost my father. He was young and healthy, and within 2 months of a cancer diagnosis he was gone. It happened so quickly that I don't think I've still been able to fully process. Let me add here that I'm a single mom, and I've been struggling with balancing my own grief, and helping my 8 year old daughter with her own. My step-father of 43 years (he's been as much a dad to me as my own dad - I was very lucky), is losing his fight with Parkinson's and after a series of seizures this morning, he's been placed in home hospice and it looks like we will lose him before the end of the year. I am so utterly distraught, and this Christmas has been filled with an incredible sense of loss and fear of loss.

Anyway, I've planned a short trip to WDW with my daughter and my parter (who is in Greece over the holidays, as his mother recently received a cancer diagnosis... the same diagnosis that my father had), and although we are trying to muster excitement for my daughter's sake, all I want to do is cry.

Thanks for listening...... and keep us in your thoughts if you can.

Sorry to hear all this. It's like a triple whammy of grief all at one time. I'm glad to hear you are taking a break for yourself and family to try to add some "light" back into your life. It can only help. Hang in there.:hug:

I'm really sorry to hear about everything going on in your life right now. I lost my father the exact same way. Early sixties, no warning signs, just got a diagnosis in June of 2012 and was gone by the following September. I truly understand how you feel, sending hugs your way. Disney can be so wonderfully healing after something like this, and I also took a trip shortly following everything. It really helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!