Cop

vwrose14

Mouseketeer
I was told by management while I was at WDW complaining that they have been so overwhelmed with complaint s that they are opening COP for two weeks at Christmas and the decide the future of it after that

I wrote an Email Letter complaining. They called me at my home and said the same thing about the number of complaints. The assured me that mgmt tracks every single complaint or complement, and makes some decisions based upon the feedback. I actually skipped a day in the parks because of the reduced hours and the COP decision.

The COP is a family favorite. We have always seen it, and placed it right next to Space and Splash Mountains as something that we never miss. I admit that the actual show was getting a bit "long in the tooth", but for us, was still a welcome destination.

I am really trying to understand the closure. I understand the need to change and to update. I keep getting caught up in the net loss of attractions though. The revolving theater is unique, and with the right entertainment is something that has been closely associated with Disney parks. I still remember America Sings from Disneyland too. On a hot afternoon, sitting in an AC theater with an upbeat presentation is a perfect break!

I'm hoping that Disney re-opens the theater with an updated entertainment. Imagine what they could do if they really went all out with current technology and special effects.

I am also becoming tired of the movie based attractions. Mickey's Philharmagic (Or whatever it's called) is another 3-D based attraction. Part of what makes COP fun is the moving theater. We have seen Muppets, HISTA, ITTBAB, one time each. Nobody ever wants to go back, though we enjoyed each one when we first saw them. My same family never misses COP.

Anyway, I sent my comments to them and they responded with a follow-up call. Just doing my part.

The problem is that while tons of people call in to complain about its clouser, very few people actually ride the ride. Now Disney may be sensitive to the fact that it is a Walt original and reopening it for that purpose.

FWIW, I see all the 3D movies every visit, AND I' go on CoP if it were open every visit.

my trip for January if the DD boats from PO were running and COP was still open. This is just my own decision, but it seems that many share my view.

Roy :-)

I think most of us who have defended the cuts have said all along that the key isn't what is cut, but does Disney respond to the guests reaction to the cuts.

Clearly, if something is cut, but has no affect on attendance, and few complaints are received, I wouldn't expect to see it return. But if the response to closing CoP has truly been overwhelming, I am not surprised its making a return, even if its temporary.

I agree raidermatt, same as EE. The CM I spoke with said it has been cancelled and there are no current plans to bring it back, but he wouldn't rule out a future change as he admitted a huge number of complaints on the subject, although he hypothosized as our esteemed friend gcurling has, that a comeback would be more apt to be partial (i.e MK)...After all, I'll bet a return to EE for MK for three mornings per week would quell 99% of the complaints & still allow Disney most of the cutback...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I love CoP. Did I ride it on my last 2 or 3 trips. Nope. I kicked myself for not riding it in October before it closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter