Cooling Vest at WDW

lindkaye3

Earning My Ears
Hi - hoping someone has experience to help answer my question. We are planning a 17 day trip to WDW in September (me, dh,dd-26, ds-21 and caboose dd-11). I have MS, Ankylosing Spondylitis and CRPS in my right knee where knee replacement went wrong. I will be traveling with my ECV as this will help aid in the airports also (traveling from Seattle) besides all the walking at WDW. I am worried as our last trip in 06 I was not having problems with my MS (just diagnosed with everything within the last two years) and not sure how I will do this trip. I have heard of a cooling vest that helps you keep your temp down in warm weather. Has anyone had experience with these? If so - how long did they keep you cool? Also - how did you wear yours? I go into heat attacks as it is and sleep constantly with a fan, so will need something. I did use a cooling scarf last trip and it was great so will at least have that. I know Sept is one of the warmest months but this was only time dh could get time off - so will do anything to go to Magic Kingdom!
Also - how do I learn more about a disabiled pass thats offered? My neurologist found out about our trip and instructed me to be sure and get one as it would help. Not sure what it is all about - your info would be great. Thanks again for your help.

My son uses a cooling vest and he loves it. His works for about 3 hours inside the park. The way they work is by placing them in icy water for about 20 minutes. We them put it into a plastic bag and then inside of his back pack so that is dosen't start to evaporate. Because we normally get to the park when it opens it is not hot yet so we drop the bag( wit the vest inside) off at the first aid station and they keep it untill we need it. About noon we go and put it on him. He doesn't like the way it feels on his skin so he wears it over his shirt ( the stuff they make the vest with keeps you dry even tho the vest has water in it). By the time his vest is dried out, we head back to our room for snack and nap and then we go back after the sun is down. I hope that this helps you some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter