coolers on planes?

mdelesde

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if they allow you to carry mini coolers on planes? I was going to take a couple 16.9 oz bottles of water and 2 baggies of snacks for the kids on the plane. Do I just need to stuff them in the backpack/diaper bag? We are hoping we can get away with only 2 suitcases or less since we will be taking the double stroller (thanks to some advice on this board!) and 2 carseats. I was only going to carry-on the backpack but thinking now that I should take the mini cooler too. Any advice?

First time flying,

Michelle

The last time we flew Southwest, they had an issue with a cooler bag for bottles. I can not remember exactly how it went. But, they took the bottles out, asked what was in them? Milk, shook them up, looked them over. The next time we flew I took empty bottles, And 2 sealed 16ounce bottles of milk. Which was barely glanced at.

we took a softsided cooler on board with us - we went straight from the park to the airport and still had it full of stuff when we dropped off the hirecar. We had no problems taking it on board, BUT when it went throught the x-ray machine, it tipped over and tons of water poured out through the zipper - it was rather embarrasing as they had to close the machine down and make everyone use the other one.

Bev

Last June we took a small soft sided cooler that fit in our carry on back packs. We had cans of soda & ham sandwiches in it & didn't have any problems.

We've taken a cooler on board with us -didn't have a problem but it does count as a carry-on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter