Cool new boarding for DISNEYLAND Space Mountain

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
Here's a thread I found on mouseplanet.com about a new boarding system for DL's Space Mountain. It allows a car to be pulled off the line for boarding (however much time is needed!) for people with disabilities. There is a study looking portable slide board that is made for the ride. Someone who rode posted pictures of the area/process (if you follow his link, go to page 22 of the slides).
Hopefully, once they have figured out all the "bugs" they will install the same thing at WDW.

Does anyone happen to know if this is for all disabled guests or just those in wheelchairs? I have CP (not in a wheelchair), but it would be nice to have extra to get in and out of the ride. I have mobility/balance issues which can make entering and exiting challenging.....

TIA!!!!

From what I have read, it sounds like it would be for any guests who require extra time to board.
WDW does accomidate guests who are unsteady/need extra time to board by letting them use the wheelchair boarding area. I think that Disneyland would do the same.

That would be fantastic!!! I haven't riden SM in over 10 years because of the transfer. I hate having to get to the floor and back up. If this system goes in It'll make it one of the easiest transfers in WDW!

BillSears said:
That would be fantastic!!! I haven't riden SM in over 10 years because of the transfer. I hate having to get to the floor and back up. If this system goes in It'll make it one of the easiest transfers in WDW!
You were one of the people I was thinking of when I posted this.
I hope they do put it in at WDW too.
Did you see the pictures of the transfer in action?
The actual load pictures start at picture 313 at the link that's posted in the thread.

SueM in MN said:
You were one of the people I was thinking of when I posted this.
I hope they do put it in at WDW too.
Did you see the pictures of the transfer in action?
The actual load pictures start at picture 313 at the link that's posted in the thread.

Yea I saw that. It looks like a very easy transfer now.

THanks for the info. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter