Cooking Mexican food in a roaster oven?

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
Does anyone cook large amounts of Mexican food in a roaster oven for fiestas/parties???

I have a big party coming up and would like to make some carnitas. I would also like to use my roaster oven to cook some of the following for parties

Mexican rice
mexican style shredded meat
beans

would love to hear about any other MEXICAN style food cooked in roaster oven.

If anyone has recipes for the items listed above please post. I have no idea how cook in my roaster oven and will hopefully be using it for the first time for this weekend.

Can't help with the roaster oven but slow cookers work well for Mexican stuff :thumbsup2

Can't help with the roaster oven but slow cookers work well for Mexican stuff :thumbsup2

Is there a section where i can get ideas? I have 2 large crockpots. I just opened my roaster i got a in nove. or dec. I need any type of large amount recipe for mexican food for when we have parties. Dh has a huge family.

Today I made a 5 lb buttpork roast for pulled taqueria style tacos as a try out for dh party but I'd have to make enough for 60-70 people and i have no idea how many pounds i would need for the mini taqueria style tacos. anyone know?

would love to know if anyone has any beef birra recipes, shredded beef main course for fiestas.

Check out the crockpot crazy index - there's quite a lot of mexican ideas there. Also betty Crocker website has "crowd size" options

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter