Convincing a Grumpy Old Man

IncredibleMom

Earning My Ears
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope someone here can help:

I'm trying to plan a trip with my in-laws. My mother-in-law really wants to go and see my kids (DD-5, DS-3) on their 2nd visit to WDW, but my father-in-law is completly NOT interested. He thinks he will be bored and if he got anything out of it, it would be through the kids (But even that apparently isn't enough for him to give up his time and money). My MIL won't go without him, and I can tell she is disappointed.

My question is this: What are some things I can tell him about WDW that may interest him?

He's a 70-something year old hard core baptist man, doesn't drink, likes gardening (unfortunatly The Land is closed during our stay), plays tennis quite well, and likes taking long walks. He's also German and loves sausages and saurkraut, so EPCOT WS is on my convincing list.

We're staying at Pop Century and Boardwalk 2nd week in February.
Any suggestions?

How about this?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/tourDetail?id=GardensoftheWorldTourPage

If you were going in April/May, you'd have the Epcot flower show to tempt him with. He likes long walks, and you're at Boardwalk part of the time, he could walk into Epcot...

I hope you can convince him - I have the same problem with my own mother, who will never agree to go back. She went once, in the 70s, that was enough for her - and now we're DVC members and go often, but she still won't even consider it. :(

:wave: IncredibleMom :D
My older brother is not real old, but he still was somewhat grumpy when it came to going on our family WDW trip last summer. He had been there back in 1988 and he told us all he was not into the "mouse" and all he cared about was going to the Hoop de Doo!
He and his wife were there with us for a week and by the time they left he was all smiles :D He was having his picture taken with Minnie and got to be the center of attention at the Hoop de Doo. He had plenty of space, so he could come and go as he pleased and was able to get rested up if he wanted to. He even went on the TOT and Splash Mountain with us! That was a surprise. He enjoyed the Cirques de Soleil, Fantasmic, Wishes, Illuminations, eating at Le Cellier, Alkerhus (sp?), Liberty Tavern, Chef Mickey's and of course the Hoop de Doo.
Tell your FIL there is much more to WDW than "the mouse".
Good Luck! :wizard: I hope he will go and let the magic work for him too! ::yes::
Merry Christmas ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter