Converted old park tickets

mmackeymouse

DIS Veteran
Back in 2003, we purchased 4 tickets, which everything was used except for 1 Water Park and More ticket, each.

Along the way, the paper tickets were converted to the ticket cards then uploaded to My Disney Experience, so it was hard to know whose was what and what was where. So, I contacted Ticket Usage, and sure enough, we had 4 Water Park and More visits remaining. However, they were all under my mother's ticket. So, somehow, when we converted those paper tickets, they all ended up on my Mom's ticket card. Okay, fine.

The paper tickets were not assigned to people the way the current tickets are, so I don't know if they just put them all on the purchaser of the original tickets or they just picked someone to put them under, but alas, that's the situation.

Now, I know that generally speaking, you cannot use your own visits on other people, but I am hoping that because of where the original tickets came from, 4 different tickets, they would be willing to separate those visits out. Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation?

According to online chat, this is something that must be done at Guest Relations, but we were hoping to have it settled prior to going. I was going to try the call center or email next, but if the hard answer is...this can only be done at Guest Relations, then that's probably all we need to know.

You can try calling the ticket office and working with them. I had a fantastic call with them about a month ago before we went last week about ticket balances for our non-expiriing tickets and balances (5 family members with multiple non expiring tickets, WPM as well). They were very helpful and were able to do a lot more than what they could in the past.

You can try calling the ticket office and working with them. I had a fantastic call with them about a month ago before we went last week about ticket balances for our non-expiriing tickets and balances (5 family members with multiple non expiring tickets, WPM as well). They were very helpful and were able to do a lot more than what they could in the past.

That's great to hear. I will give them a try. I will say the online chat agent said to bring the hard ticket to guest relations, and I don't think we saved the hard copy....or we probably did, and who knows where it is. Luckily, it is attached via MDE, so hopefully that will suffice.

FYI. Even if they do not have it in MDE if you have a hard ticket they can link it into MDE. I had to answer a couple of questions of when the ticket was last used though. It is somewhere in their system with the ticket information.

Well, no luck. The cast member seemed very frustrated with me, and I know I was. She kept insisting that the remaining days all came from one ticket, not multiple, and that there was NO way that multiple paper tickets could have been combined onto one plastic ticket. Well, I dunno how it happened, but it happened. Back when we bought the tickets, they were 5+2, but she insisted they were 5+5.

She went back and listed the relevant dates, when it was purchased, when the other water park day was used, etc. She kept asking me where the other paper tickets were, and I replied that they were turned in at Downtown Disney when we converted them, to which she replied it was impossible for all the paper tickets to be combined onto one card. And, we kept going around and around.

Maybe we will just wait till we get there...maybe I will try another phone call. I don't know.

1. to which she replied it was impossible for all the paper tickets to be combined onto one card. And, we kept going around and around.

2. Maybe we will just wait till we get there...
3. maybe I will try another phone call.
4. I don't know.
1. While that kind of "combining" is against "policy," it absolutely CAN be done and is not "impossible"
(if the CM works around "standard procedure.")
2. That's one way to try to fix it.
3. That's another way to try to fix it.
4. You and nobody else knows.
If the situation is as you remember it, it CAN be fixed...
If (IF) you can happen upon the right knowledgeable and accommodating CM.

If you decide to call again,
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

1. While that kind of "combining" is against "policy," it absolutely CAN be done and is not "impossible"
(if the CM works around "standard procedure.")
2. That's one way to try to fix it.
3. That's another way to try to fix it.
4. You and nobody else knows.
If the situation is as you remember it, it CAN be fixed...
If (IF) you can happen upon the right knowledgeable and accommodating CM.

If you decide to call again,
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Therein lies the rub. I don't remember the specifics of how it was done or what was done. I don't remember the specifics of any particular conversation. All I remember was going to the new Guest Services building at Disney Springs (then Downtown Disney) and they did not help us at the counter, they actually took us into one of the private offices.

But, what I DO know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, 100%, is that in 2003, we purchased 4 5x2 tickets, that we have only been to Typhoon Lagoon one time, and that there was 1 WP day left on 4 tickets, and now there are 4 WP days on 1 ticket. As I told her, I don't know how it happened, but somehow, someway, clearly it happened.

And, here is the thing. My life philosophy and the way I deal with customer service or support and just people in general is to be pleasant, not pushy, not rude. I am asking them for a favor. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. (Yes, I am midwestern. My vernacular is 90% colloquialisms.) So, coming into this my thought process was this..."Best case scenario, they can re-separate the water park days, which we can use on this upcoming visit, and save us the cost. If they can't they can't, we'll use them at some point."

But, when the reaction is accusatory, acting like YOU did something wrong...she asked me multiple times, "Where are the other tickets you bought?" in a very deliberate tone. Anyway, when you start feeling like you are being put on the defensive, it makes your intentions shift a little bit. My laissez-faire, "If they can't, they can't" was out the window.

Anyway, thanks for your very thorough response. I think Ticketing IS who I talked to, although it was after 4:30, so I am not sure. Part of my hesitancy on calling ticketing stemmed from the fact that I am sure the AP ticket hike has kept them super busy, super stressed, and maybe not as magical. I was hoping by waiting a few days for the AP ticket thing to die down, maybe I would get a little bit more of a warm reception. Maybe I will wait another few days and try it again.

Op, our tickets somehow got messed up in the system and neither calling or stopping at GR helped. I had to end up emailing guest.services@disneyworld.com; a great tip given to me by Reservations GS. I now have a case number to take to GR when needed.

Maybe try that route

Op, our tickets somehow got messed up in the system and neither calling or stopping at GR helped. I had to end up emailing guest.services@disneyworld.com; a great tip given to me by Reservations GS. I now have a case number to take to GR when needed.

Maybe try that route

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely go that route because what could it hurt?

I called ticketing, and they could not help me again, but for a completely different reason. Firstly, she asked if I called last week about the same issue...so yeah. According to her, the ticket only had 1 WP day remaining on it. Which is great because that's what I thought in the first place, but I am not sure why the Ticket Usage people got it mixed up. But, none of the other tickets had the remaining WP day so....kind of back to square one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter