Convert Base Tickets to Gold AP

Mike D.

Mouseketeer
We are going to buy Gold APs for our upcoming January trip. I am wondering if I can buy standard 6-day base tickets and convert them to APs once I get there. Would I get the full price ($405) off of the Gold AP? Being a Disney Travel Agent I get a little bit of commission on tickets, but not Gold APs. Every little bit helps! TIA!!

Normally Disney would bridge the tickets with the gate price when you upgrade to an AP.

At least this was the case for me in May when I upgraded tickets from UCT.

Unless you buy tickets from Disney at a discount they use the gate price.

But a ticket that covers at least as many days as you plan to be in a park. That way, you can still make your fp+ reservations for all of your days when your window opens. You can't upgrade until you are on site.

But a ticket that covers at least as many days as you plan to be in a park. That way, you can still make your fp+ reservations for all of your days when your window opens. You can't upgrade until you are on site.

Well, shoot. That answers the next question I was going to ask. I was hoping to upgrade ahead of time to get our passholder bands and sliders before we got there. I guess we wouldn't get those until we got back home again?

If you're staying at a WDW resort you will get bands with your resort reservation that can be used. No sliders. You can order the AP bands and sliders only after you have an active AP.

Normally Disney would bridge the tickets with the gate price when you upgrade to an AP.

At least this was the case for me in May when I upgraded tickets from UCT.

Unless you buy tickets from Disney at a discount they use the gate price.

is it gate price or disney online price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!