Convenient room location request?

justme0729

DIS Veteran
We will have a pool view studio in March and I am wondering what wing would be the best location to request for two adults. I am picturing spending most of our time at the lagoon with some time at the adult pool and lazy river. We will also have a car so it would probably be nice to be close to parking. What wing would you recommend?

I also think I am going to request a 1st floor walk out room for convenience (my DH often sleeps in and stays in the room more than I do so if I am out at the beach/ pool it could be an easy way to stop in often) or 5th floor for the chance of some ocean view.

Aulani is not that large of a resort where picking a tower really matters in terms of distance. The Waianae tower is closer to the parking garage and the adult pool, but would only save a few minutes from being in Ewa. We have stayed in both towers and each is close to everything. If you are requesting 1st floor I would recommend the Ewa tower to avoid being across from the kids play area.

The walkout rooms I remember seeing had patios with sliding doors, and a sidewalk to the main walkway, but I would think people would want to keep the sliding door locked making the access not that convenient. It was also very close to a lot of foot traffic so I don't imagine they are very quiet either. I would request a high floor if noise is a concern.

I agree with PP that the resort is laid out in such a way that location doesn't matter. The lagoon is the same distance from either tower. I would say you could request Waianae, but if you are staying DVC, I think there are more rooms in Ewa. Waianae would be closer to parking and the adult pool, but the difference is negligible so don't be bummed if you end up in Ewa.

I echo that any room location will be fine. Everything is very close and convenient to walk to. It takes less than 5 minutes to walk anywhere on property. There are multiple lifts/elevators and they all lead out to the pool area. Waianae tower is closer to the adult pool, Rainbow Reef, parking, gym, and spa, whereas the Ewa tower is closer to 'Ama'Ama, Pau Hana room, the lazy river entrance, luau/movie lawn, and the kids club. The main pool is right in the middle. Makahiki and the shops are also in the middle.

The main floor isn't noisy, but it can be busy. I would recommend it if you had children coming and going from the room all the time, but otherwise I would stay higher up. The views from the lift/elevator lobby areas are incredible, too, so if your room view isn't so great (I think there are only a handful of rooms with undesirable views), just go up a few floors and take a seat in the viewing areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter