Contractors

PaulaSB12

DIS Veteran
Just a small rant I had a firm come round last week to get a quote on some work, its now a week later no quote. Contacted another firm they were supposed to come round last night but rang because were they supposed to visit me last night? I said yes they said could they come round at about 1300 this afternoon it's now an hour later and they haven't turned up or rung. I thought people wanted to have work but trying to get a contractor to a come out and b give me a quote is like getting blood out of stone.

If someone isn't bothered about getting your work in the first place I suspect they will be even less intrested in doing a good job. If someone doesn't get back to me when they should then they donl' get another chance. Try using the Tradinig Standards buy with confidence web site

https://www.buywithconfidence.gov.uk/

I work in the property industry and its the same for us. Contractors are currently able to command top notch rates of pay and they just cherry pick the easy jobs. Hope you get sorted soon. I use Checkatrade and have had some success.

the fifth company came through the fireplace wall nice ceiling plasterboarded and skimmed and new carpet through the house it's done. Will use this form for the next job

I was going to use the firm mentioned above, when I mentioned several jobs (fitting extra electrical point in room cost £110) getting quotes for the ceiling, and will put the bi fold door myself (with help from friend) their first quote was £5000 second one two minutes later £3500 next day £2000 if you can drop from 5000 to 2000 in 24 hours I don't trust you. Mind you the person who added the electrical point (after being told my cats are indoor only) left a window open so my rag doll Milo escaped I only got him back because Macavity and mischief ran out to look at him and he was surrounded by chickens so was really happy to get back in to the cat run

Just a small rant I had a firm come round last week to get a quote on some work, its now a week later no quote. Contacted another firm they were supposed to come round last night but rang because were they supposed to visit me last night? I said yes they said could they come round at about 1300 this afternoon it's now an hour later and they haven't turned up or rung. I thought people wanted to have work but trying to get a contractor to a come out and b give me a quote is like getting blood out of stone.

I sympathise - I have exactly the same problem here! I thought it was due to me being in an "out of the way" location (although not *that* bad) but I've been trying to get people to do me a quote on garden gates and fencing for about 6 months. A qoute, never mind doing the job itself. They promise to get back to you, they don't, when you ring it's "Oh, I haven't got my diary with me at the moment, I'll ring you back". You never hear from them again. You just have to resign yourself to give people a week and if they don't appear to be moving then move onto someone else, until hopefully you do find someone reliable. Plumbers, electricians, builders...they're all the same. I have indeed though found a reliable plumber (recommendation from work) so I'm hanging onto him! Been through many of them though.

its now 2020 I had someone give me a quote to skim three walls in my bathroom said ok to price took time off work and got ready. He put me back 1 week so a bit off but ok, then Friday night he said he can't do the job. Unfortunate as this put me back two weeks because I had to get a new one and wait for plaster to dry. Sent of request and managed to get the job done. Mad thing is that after letting me down the first one sent me a friend request on Facebook!!!!!!!!!!!!! The one who did the job will be doing three walls in my kitchen then in April replacing ceiling in breakfast area. See a simple bathroom job could have led to three jobs in total.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!