Contemporary Resort question - MVMCP

Broncobilly83

DIS Veteran
This might seem like an unusual question, but I figured if anyone knew the answer, it would be this forum. One of the last times we stayed at WDW, we were in Wilderness Lodge the night they came out to decorate the resort for Christmas, and as much as we wanted to stay and watch, we already had a long day and had an early morning flight, so we were unable to watch any of the set up, which is something that fascinates my wife, being a crafter.

That being said, I know we are going too early for resort decorations to be up, but it occurred to me that we would be arriving on November 7th and the first Christmas party is on November 8th. Since we are staying on the theme park side of the Contemporary, and if we are high enough and happen to bring a pair of binoculars, would it be possible to see some of the activity as they decorate Main Street since it is an overnight process.

Unlikely, you can’t really see Main Street. So unless people are walking around on the roofs of the Main Street stores you won’t see any of that. You can kind of see other sections of the park though, so depending on what gets decorated, you may be able to see a little of it. The below picture is the view from CR’s Atrium CL lounge (12th floor).

Attachments

• F39E375E-3EC5-4497-934D-F80D38789A90.jpeg
    F39E375E-3EC5-4497-934D-F80D38789A90.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 12
My son used to work at the MK as a gardener and had to help replace all the plants in the front of the park with poinsettias over night. Plus hang the holiday baskets of plants, etc. They would start as soon as the park closed for the night and were done around dawn before the park reopened. He also help set up Epcot for Flower & Garden and those were also overnight.

I’ve heard Magic Kingdom is decorated shortly after Halloween. The night of or the night after? Do they usually wait until the night before the first Christmas party?

I’ve heard Magic Kingdom is decorated shortly after Halloween. The night of or the night after? Do they usually wait until the night before the first Christmas party?
It was the night before the first Christmas party that my son had to work in the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!