Contemporary Questions?

taylor1293

Do you want to build a snowman?
We just returned from the Polynesian, and loved staying on the monorail, but don't really want to return there. So we are looking at staying at the Contemporary.

If you've stayed in a tower room, please share your experiences (good or bad!). Which view do you prefer?

The pool, is it 2-year old friendly? We walked around the resort, but didn't notice a children's pool or shallow area where a small child can play.

Thanks in advance!

Teresa

I stayed in the tower many years ago as a teen and loved it. We had the lake view and watched the electric light pageant every night from our balcony.

We stayed at the cr last christmas in the tower had a view of the mk and whatched the fireworks . I really liked being on the monorail and thought this was a great hotel .I would stay here again however on our next trip we are trying poly. as far as the pool goes it was too cold so we did not even go out to see it so i can not help you there

I've stayed at nearly all of the deluxes, and the CR Tower is by far my favorite. The rooms are huge, with the best views in all of WDW. Whether you are looking over the lagoon, and the Magic Kingdom, or the lake, with the WL, FW, Discovery Island, and the EWP, you can't go wrong. Also, there is nothing quite so Disney as watching the monorail glide into the lobby. The CR reminds me of Walt's vision for WDW. It was, after all, his idea as the flagship resort for WDW (and still has the best suites and concierge, IMHO). While the Epcot resorts have great restaurants at and around them, the CR has the best restaurants under one roof in all of WDW (give me the California Grill over Victoria and Albert's any day), and unparalleled access to MK via either the monorail or walking path. Also, the CR offers more water sports than any other hotel on property, and with the dock right on Bay Lake, you have the largest playground for boating. The resort features two pools (one with a slide), two hot tubs, and a kiddy pool. Also, the Disney Racquet club is right next door, offering lighted clay tennis courts. The game room is the largest at any WDW hotel. There is also the Mickey Mouse Club for kids. Also, FW is a short boat ride away, with all of its activities. Both the Outer Rim and California Grill bars are great places to unwind at the end of a busy day in the parks, and the music for Fantasy in the Sky is pumped into the California Grill bar and observation deck which is great for viewing the fireworks.

Gee, if you can't tell, I love this resort.

We stayed in Feb of 2001 and it was wonderful! It was our first time at the resort, and we had Tower MK side, 8 th floor. How incredible to lay in bed and watch the Castle change colors- it is lit all night long! We watched the firewroks from our balcony, and the music is piped in so you can hear it.
Noise from the concourse was minimal, and it was neat watching all the activity at Chef Mickeys from the 'hallway'. The monorail is almost completely silent, and it goes through the tower very slowly so there is no wind. I know someone else stated in another post that they could feel the tower shake when the monorail went through but we did not feel that at all.
The decor in the rooms is modern and not really to my taste, but I think it fits the theme of the resort well. The room was large and clean, and the location couldn't be beat!

We stayed in a TR MK side in September of last year and loved it. As someone else said it is great just to lay in your bed and stare at the changing colors of the castle which is lit all night. We were on the floor right above the monorail and could feel the room move a bit as it went by, but it really wasn't that bad.

Demosthenes:

I completely agree with your opinion of the Contemporary Resort. It is our favorite resort. We joined the Disney Vacation Club a few years back and have used our points one year to return there! Whenever we have an anniversary or special birthday, we intend to return to our all-time favorite Disney resort. We prefer the tower rooms facing the lake -- love the toot of the boats leaving the dock, the Electrical water parade, and the lovely expansive water view (especially from the higher floors). Nothing beats the sound ("swish") of the monorail passing through the canyon lobby overhead for true Disney spirit! And the 24-hour arcade and fast food area is tops also.

We enjoyed visiting AK Lodge this year to eat at Boma for dinner. It was a great buffet. The atrium lobby was enormous and very exciting also, but I think it's great for a "visit" and could be too much for a one-week or more stay. We would prefer the Wilderness Lodge atrium atmosphere more.

Thanks to each of you for your reviews!

We enjoyed walking around the resort when we were there a few days ago and our girls loved Chef Mickey's. I think it's the perfect place for us.

We will definitely be staying there in June.

Thanks again!

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter