Contemporary or Poly for mommy and four year old?

CatOne

Mouseketeer
I am planning on taking my (then) four year old to WDW next spring and would love some opinions on the Poly and Contemporary. We want to stay at a monorail hotel....although if anyone has any compelling arguments for somewhere else, I will have a vehicle. Thanks for any and all help.

CatOne

I did that last February for my DD 4th birthday...We stayed at the WL and had a blast..She was really enchanted by the lodge and also the MOMMY and ME time.. We went back in MAy and stayed at the Poly with the entire family and she was asking for the WL..What ever you decide it will be magical especially if you have other children and you are devoting this time directly to her.

My 4 year old loved the Poly and the WL both, maybe a little more on the Poly because of the monorail.

My brother stayed at the Contemporary in Feb -- I visited -- I wasn't impressed except for Chef Mickey's, and you can go there anytime.

My daughter and I have done a Mommy-and-Me trip twice and are taking our third in May. We have such a wonderful time. We stayed at the Cont. two years ago. We were in the tower with a breathtaking view. However, I was not that impressed with the Cont., at least for children. We are staying at the Poly in May. I think with the monorail and the easy access to the TTC it will be more convenient. Obviously, my vote is for the Poly.

Hi, Liz! Just to add to your confusion, I'm putting my vote in for the Contemporary. The theming is decidedly different from WL or Poly as the theming is contemporary. We stayed in a lake view garden room, and the view was very nice. Also, the rooms are nice and big, the bathroom layout is terrific, and being able to walk to MK from your hotel is, to me, a priceless perk. My DD and I took our shoes off after a loooooong day at the parks one nite, and walked back to the room in our bare feet. It was heavenly!!

We've stayed at both and my 5 yr old LOVED the Contemporary! Her absolute favorite part was the little sofa & chairs right outside the arcade - it had a TV that played Disney cartoons. She'd sit and watch TV while my older two played in the arcade. I actually enjoyed people watching - it is very relaxing!
This wasn't one of the choices you had - but my 5 yr old absolutely LOVES the AllStar Movies!! It is so child friendly! And the Toy Story & 101 Dalmation area was her absolute favorite! She loved playing in Andy's room and by the TV in the Dalmation area. I think All-Stars had some of the best bus service on property.
I would vote for the Polynesian (I love the tropical feel), but my daughter would first vote for All-Star Movies, then Contemporary.
Enjoy your stay!

The Beach Club has a GREAT Pool for a 4year old. You can't beat the pool there. The Beach Club is 5-10 walking from Epcot, 15 min. walking to MGM and also within walking distance or you can take a nice boat ride over to Boardwalk.

I have a 4 yr old as well as 1.5 year old (I'm a single mom) and I found way many pluses to staying at the Beach Club over the Contemporary and Polynesian: Although both of these are BEAUTIFUL hotels and you'd love them: From what i've heard: Poly is probably better choice for 4 yrold.

Good Luck! Have fun!

Michelle

I have been lucky enough to do solo vacations with both dd's at various ages from 3-7yo's. Those are our top two choices for solos and we love them both. You won't regret either choice but my vote is for the Polynesian. I usually reserve a garden view room and always request the Nuie Building - never been disapointed. If we can get a ground floor that has been ideal. The offer sooo many activities in the lobby, pool and kids club that my girls like. Monorail to MK can't be beat and you have the TTC in walking distance. The Nuie building is between the volcano pool and a great quiet pool giving you a nice choice. We had great breakfast and dinner at O'hana and I loved the Kona coffee in the AM.

Have fun - a mom and dd solo vacation is great fun.
TJ

The Contemporary is an awesome resort!!! It is my "second favorite" resort. ;)

The Tower rooms are great, the views of the Magic Kingdom are excellent!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!