Contemporary N.garden Wing???????

aspollen

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any feedback about the rooms etc. at the north garden wing? How are the patio rooms? Does anyone have any recent pictures?

Thank You

uhhhhhhhh, I hesitate to be a big drag about this -- but my only bad experience at a WDW resort was in a garden wing room. Some people swear by them. If you want to hear my rantings, post again and I'll post them. If you want me to keep my whining to myself, I'll understand!:D

I adored the North Garden Wing. I stayed there in July of 2000 and had a blast! We were on the third floor closest to the tower beside the elevator. It was literally a two minute walk to the Food and Fun Center. Ideal for refilling mugs. We were also very close to the bus stop. The North Garden wing is a great location if you want to walk to the Magic Kingdom. The Laundry room is also in this wing. I wanted to stay there again this spring but they were sold out for my dates.

We're staying there in July for the first time too. Everything I've read about the North Wing is that it is the section allocated for the SOG guest, so chances of us getting into that side are pretty silm. So figured we will be on the other side--second floor for sure, because the second floor of the South Wing is the only section that is non-smoking, while the North wing is completely non-smoking. Since we have a guaranteed non-smoking room, sort of know where we'll be. Still we are excited to stay some place different. Our grandson wanted to stay there, so figured we would try it. We are not staying there for the theme or the monorail, but mostly because of the closeness to MK and being able to walk there, the boat ride to WL and FW, the rental boats, and Friday night pin trading. This site WDWinfo.com has a ton of info on the resort, along with WDWIG.com (deb wills). There is also a map on the first site. Have fun!

We were in the NGW at the Contemporary last summer. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms were large and the kids loved swimming in the pool. The lifeguards were outstanding. Our room was clean and the maid service was very good. There is not much 'theming' here, but the proximity to MK was worth it. We loved walking to MK in the morning (quicker than the monorail) and riding the monorail back when we were tired. We were in a patio room as far from the main building as you can get. It was about a 5 minute walk to the food court/pool, but it was quiet, didn't hear people in the hall or our neighbors. We could sit on the patio and watch the kids on the playground. The ducks came to visit us a lot and probably would have come in the room if we'd let them. The only thing I was not happy with was the laundry facilities. The machines did not work very well, and the clothes did not come out very clean. From what I have read on the board, the laundry hasn't improved any in the past year.
If there are any specific questions I can answer, please let me know.

Happy Planning!!

We have stayed in the NGW twice now, have plans to stay there in November, and very tentative plans to stay in December.

It is so awesome to be able to walk to the MK. We usually get the ground floor, bay view rooms and the last time we were able to watch the EWP from our bed. Also, the NGW is soooo quiet--it's a nice break after all day in the parks.

We have stayed in the North Garden Wing twice, and I am not really a fan of the hotel.(no theming, concrete atmosphere) That said, there are definate advantages to staying there. It is SO close to MK, the rooms are very large and easily fit five people, it is close to the monorail and there are excellent restuarants at the CR. The pools are great and you can see the electrical parade go by every night on the lake. Enjoy!

We stayed there last March/April & will be there again in about 3 weeks :bounce: We enjoyed it.

We liked the convenience to the MK & also being able to take the monorail to EPCOT. Although we do rent a car, we find it quicker to get to these 2 parks this way.

I do think one drawback is that not every room has a patio. Only first floor rooms do, therefore, we requested & are paying extra for a first floor room this year. DH wants to be able to sit outside & have his morning coffee. ;) We also asked to face the playground so our kids could go out & have some fun.

The pool is pretty plain but my kids loved the slide.

I do have to say that we are there through a SoG relocation with my brother, who is in the Air Force. I don't know if I would pay rack rate to stay there, but I would stay there if I could get a good code. :cool:

Just got back less than two weeks ago from the N Garden Wing. No complaints here! Big rooms, very nice view of Bay Lake- didn't get a patio room as we were on the 2nd floor. 5 minute walk to Food and Fun Center, about 10-12 minute walk to the MK. Loved the monorail access to Epcot and the other resorts. I wouldn't pay rack rates to stay here, but mainly just because of the lack of theming. Only complaint was the laundry services. Out of 6 washers, only 2 were working...dryers weren't much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter