Contemporary Fireworks viewing

dopey617

Earning My Ears
I have not stayed in the contemporary in years. If you are a guest staying in the hotel, do you need to have eaten at chef Mickeys to view the fireworks on the 4th floor? Or California Grill for the observation deck? My friend has two children who may not eat the food at Cali. grill and wondering her best options to view the fireworks from the resort. Thank you!

Anyone can view the fireworks from the 4th floor. It’s a great spot, but can get crowded. The pipe in the music as well.
Yes, to view from the 15th floor you must’ve eaten a Cali Grill at some point that particular evening.

You don't need to have eaten @ Chef Mickey's or even be staying there to view the fireworks. That patio is at the opposite end of the 4th floor from Chef Mickey's past the gift shops and is open to the public. The patio isn't part of Chef Mickey's.

Last edited:

Anyone can go to the viewing area, but go early to get a good spot. Even when crowded, still roomier then Main Street.

Along this line of questioning... I am going to have a tower/park view room. If I watch the fireworks from my balcony, is there anyway to hear the music/dialog?

I think BLT and the Contemporary have the fireworks music on the resort TV Channel for guests.

Also think there is “sometimes” a pay for view section on the balcony seating close to the monorail to watch the fireworks on that fourth floor . I have never seen it offered for a sign up but seem to recall seeing a group forming . I guess if it’s popular it can also be profitable for Disney so maybe it was a special holiday timed event .

Last edited:

The 4th floor is free. It’s a large open space. There is some seating but it gets crowded and the seating goes quickly. There is a channel on the tv that always plays the fireworks music synced up, but since they upgraded to the smart TVs, I had a difficult time finding it. I ended up just taking my phone out in the balcony and finding a recent fireworks video on YouTube and playing it exactly when the show started. Worked well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter