Construction and upgrades in the Fort

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Over on Facebook's Disney Mouse Campers group there is a post concerning changes being made in the 1900 and 1700 loops. In the 1900 loop they are widening the road poster doesn't indicate by how much.
In the 1700 loop at least some of the sites are having the existing pads replaced with gravel ones. According to the poster Disney is testing 6 different blends and they saw at least 3 now in place

Over on Facebook's Disney Mouse Campers group there is a post concerning changes being made in the 1900 and 1700 loops. In the 1900 loop they are widening the road poster doesn't indicate by how much.
In the 1700 loop at least some of the sites are having the existing pads replaced with gravel ones. According to the poster Disney is testing 6 different blends and they saw at least 3 now in place

I'll be there Sunday Mike in the FHU section. I have requested 1600 or 1800. Will give you a report on what I see happening.

Interesting for sure....

1900 just repaved not widened, 1700/300 are the test loops for the now material around the sites. One is a little larger than pea gravel and the other is a white rocky type substance that looks more like sand after a couple of weeks. If I had to sleep in a tent I would not want to sleep on the gravel, the white substance seems like it would be okay.

Mike, just rode through 1900 and 1700 ... 1900 got re-paved with some shoulder work and 1700 has a couple sites with new base material behind the slabs. Two different kinds of base material, one is "pea" gravel with the other coquina.

Anyone know what the large land clearing on the parcel next to the far end of the overflow lot is for? Seems like something big is going to be built.

Anyone know what the large land clearing on the parcel next to the far end of the overflow lot is for?

Not sure what they are doing there. That clearing was going on when I was there in Jan/Feb.

The construction on the other side of the back gate road is an extension to Golden Oak, more big money homes going in. They have also moved the entrance to the golf course closer to the Fort's back gate road. They added a bridge over the canal within Golden Oak for access to the new area that you can see from the overflow lot. The interior roads are very close to being paved and I'm sure right after that the new homes will start to be built.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!