• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Considering Ice Cream Social

anditoo72

DIS Veteran
I am considering it for 3 adults and 6 children (13,12,10,6,4,2) Could someone tell me about it, I do know its at Epcot and around 3:00 pm but that is it. Is it like a sundae bar? How many Characters? and anything else that might be helpful.

I'm planning to book this in August as a "get together" location during our family reunion. I figured it would be a welcome break in the middle of a hot afternoon! From what I understand, it's not a sundae bar, just an ice cream sundae. It's served in a cone that is stuck into a cookie on the plate (so it looks like a sundae glass). The cost is about $7 per person. The characters are Farmer Mickey, Chip and Dale, and I think Pluto? I think it's a fun inexpensive way to get some great photo ops with the characters without a full blown character meal. Have fun!

It's in the Land in a revolving restaurant called the Garden Grill. The cost is $6.95 per person.

You get a set ice cream sundae. For the adults it's vanilla ice cream with hot fudge in a waffle cone stuck to the plate with chocolate. It comes with a chocolate wafer and a spiruline (sp?). For the kids it's vanilla ice cream on a chocolate chip cookie stuck to the plate with chocolate with a small waffle cone on the top of it like a hat, then decorated with gummy worms.

The characters who come to you are Pluto, farmer Mickey, farmer Chip and farmer Dale.

Very fun, and not very crowded, so the characters can spend more time with you.:)

This is a whole lot of fun--even for adults. The restaurant revolves and you can see into parts of the Land ride. When we went it was not crowded and we, as adults, had great character interaction. I recommend it. It is a true value.

Have fun.

Do you have to make a PS for this social? If so how far in advance, and what's the number????? Do you have to pay upfront or leave a deposit!!!! Thank you in advance!!!

Yes, I would recommend a PS for this. You can book it 90 days in advance, no deposit required. Call 1-407-WDW-DINE or the 800# 1-800-828-0228.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter