Connection Vouchers & AKL

I'm sorry that posting about the menu items looks so garbled--there were spaces between the restaurant lists.

I'm not as proficient on the computer as I wish could be. Hope you get the idea.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by chris1gill
Macs4us, Thanks for your menu's! At Alfredo's, did they let you order the Stuzzicarolo as your appetizer? If so, that sounds awesome... I might have to add Alfredo's to our list for Novembers trip...

Yes - in fact our waiter suggested it, as he saw that we only wanted to use one voucher, and he said that the Stuzzicarolo would feed all of us. I think the wait staff wants you to order big $$$ items since their tip goes up!! :p

Oh, and if you want a more intimate (aka quieter) dining experience at Alfredo, be sure to ask to be seated in the little "porch" area between the main room and the patio. We would definitely do this voucher experience again.

Macs4Us, thanks so much for the info!! This sounds great, we're going to try it in November!

Keep in mind that drinks are not always included with the character breakfast. So add another $2-$7 per person to that savings.

Perhaps if you want some kind of specialty drink (like that fancy strawberry thing at GF - yummy :)) or an alcoholic beverage (mimosa or bloody mary) they are not included, and probably wouldn't be covered by the vouchers either. However, juices, coffee, tea, soda, etc. have been included at every character breakfast we have ever been to, whether or not we used vouchers.

Alcohol is never included on the vouchers, but several of the buffets do not include the beverage with the buffet price. If you never encountered this than you either ate at places that included the drink, or you had a very nice CM.

OK, as one of the original skeptics demanding more proof, let me have a closing word on this one: Take time to get those menus ahead of time and plan where you'll use the vouchers, because the savings can be hard to find!

Price everything out and hold the wallet at tipping time or you will easily end up spending more than you intended. Make sure you are indeed willing and available to hop on to other resorts to save what you will. I still have a tough time seeing how Connections' couple of bucks savings beat AAA, AP, DC or AMEX's (5% - 20% in different cases) discounts at many of the restaurants that some people rave about...

But anyway, all things considered, the vouchers don' serve our family's needs during our next vacation...

Wanda

Humpbacks1962

I doubt if I'll ever use Connections vouchers but your post is not accurate Most of the restaurants people are using Connections vouchers for (Beaches and Cream, Concourse, Le Cellier,other EPCOT restuarants) don't offer any other forms of discounts.
You really don't have to examine menus, Mary (www.mousesavers.com) has already done the work for you. One * means you're coming out ahead ** means you'll only come out ahead if you order the more expensive items on the menu.

People don't have to agree with you and some people have overstated their value. The fact is if you pick when and where to use your vouchers you'll save a reasonable amout of money. If you use them for all of your breakfast and lunches your savings will probably be less

I've thought long and hard about getting a few of these vouchers (I think I've read just about every post on Connections), but my one big complaint about them is that it seems that people are "buying" more food and "buying" more expensive items that what they would NORMALLY order without the voucher. For instance, at the MK, if I were to eat at Pecos Bill, I would NORMALLY get a burger with fries for $5.49, plus a drink for $1.99 (sometimes I may even just drink the free ice water). Total is $7.48, plus tax of course. Now, if I had a Connections Voucher with me, I need to AT LEAST break even, so I would order a bigger burger for $6.49 and what the heck, add the bacon in too for .79. Get carrots with it, just so I can order a side of chili fries (because it's the most expensive!!). Definately have to get a drink now (make it an extra-large too while we're at it) and a dessert (even though I'd rather have a dessert fom Main St. Bakery :) ). So NOW I've saved $3-4 dollars, but at what cost to me? I've ordered more food than what I would normally order. What if I'm not that hungry (and in the heat most people's appetites decrease). Is that food being wasted? I think that many people who use these vouchers are indeed saving a few $$, but are going home at the end of their vacation more than a few pounds heavier!! :) LOL! On the other hand, I DO believe that the savings is incredible when used at Beaches & Cream, even when eating in moderation. However, I can't justify joining Connections for $80 just to save money at this particular restaurant. And I really don't want to eat there more than 1-2 during my vacation anyways.

As far as the park hopper tickets, you can get the same prices at Ticketmania. And it doesn't cost anything to join :)

The "pre-pay" reasoning is good, but again, the vouchers in my hand would make me order more food and order more expensively than normal - maybe that's just me and other people don't have that temptation..... :)

threeboysmom
I agree with what you've posted. Some people may be able to either share a meal or just buy an extra burger and share the combined meal. I'm not comfortable joining Connections knowing I plan to cancel and there's no way I'd save enough to justify the annual fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter