Connecting rooms at POFQ - any accessible rooms able to be connecting?

cinderelly1010

Earning My Ears
I keep reading conflicting information online and from CMs. Has anyone that has stayed at POFQ recently know if any of the accessible rooms, particularly the Florida Special rooms are able to connect with a standard room? We're hoping to get connecting rooms, but one needs to be accessible. Does anyone know if there is such a thing? TIA!

"Connecting" rooms (with an interior door between) are not guaranteed. Therefore, I would think requesting a connecting room with an accessible room is going to limit the options available, which in turn probably decreases the chance of the request being granted. POFQ is also a small resort, so again limiting the options, whereas there might be more such rooms available at a larger resort.

That's the basics on "connecting" rooms. I don't know specifically about the "Florida Special Rooms." I would think it's possible to have an accessible room connecting to a non-accessible room, but there might not be very many and again requests for connecting are not guaranteed. You might try checking the disABILITIES FAQ sticky at the top of the disABILITIES forum; Sue keeps that fairly well up-to-date and detailed.

Enjoy your vacation!

ETA: this is the phone number for special needs reservations at resorts, they may be able to give you a specific answer.
Special Reservations Line: (407) 939-7807

I just found these 2 replies to a thread indicating POFQ accessible rooms connecting with regular rooms. Neither indicates what type of accessible room, though (or at least neither refers to Florida Special).

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=9323449&highlight=pofq#post9323449
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=6034672&highlight=french#post6034672

So, again, it sounds like such rooms are likely available, but connecting are not guaranteed. I believe most people who request connecting rooms do get them, but with limitations on which rooms you could be assigned, it might not occur.

Good luck!

Thank you :) After another call to the special needs dept. it looks like they DO exist, but are already taken for the dates we will be there. Just have to keep trying!

We had a king roll in shower room and the connecting room with 2 doubles a few years ago at POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter