• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Confusing question about buying/using AP...

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
We are going on a DCL cruise in October, and staying at CBR a day or two prior to the cruise. We are also going to go to WDW in 2006, so we're considering buying AP's.

Sooooooooooo....if I buy an AP now, it doesn't really go into effect until the first day of use, right?

Here's my question: If I buy an AP now, can I call and get a discounted rate at CBR even though my AP is not really "in effect" yet? Essentially I won't be using it until 10/19 or so. Not sure if they consider the actual purchase as reason enough to give the guest the discount.

You do not need to have an active AP at the time you make the reservation, you have to have a valid AP at the time of your reservation.

AP discounts on rooms are made available(if they are released at all) a few months before the dates the discounts are valid for.

You can only get the AP discount on an existing reservation if there is a room that is not booked, available for the discount.

You are correct, the AP will not be activated until the first day you go to Guest Services and activate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter