Confused..

We are staying at BCV in Aug in a 1 bedroom cause all the studios were already gone. BCV can be hard to get into throughout the year because it is so small.

Now if you find BCV too high, go buy BWV. Other than the pool they are very similar in style and location.

We are staying at BCV in Aug in a 1 bedroom cause all the studios were already gone. BCV can be hard to get into throughout the year because it is so small.

Now if you find BCV too high, go buy BWV. Other than the pool they are very similar in style and location.

Better IMHO with the standard rooms for fewer points, Boardwalk view and grand villas when you want to splurge, pool is usually less crowded, and you can easily walk to two parks.

Last edited:
When I as
That one blew my mind. Unless their waiting list for that one is so long that they think they can sell it at $225/pt?? People who bought BCV initially can probably sell on the resale market now for triple what they paid!
when I asked my guide about Beach club he said the waiting list is so long they aren’t even adding people to it anymore.

When I as

when I asked my guide about Beach club he said the waiting list is so long they aren’t even adding people to it anymore.

I'm surprised resale isn't higher if that's the case. The same thing happened at GCV, and the resale there is almost as high as direct prices at other resorts. Maybe with this direct price, we will see resale creep higher rather quickly.

Doing a quick search of resale sites, I can see a 150 point contract for $133 a point, or about $20,000 total.
At direct pricing, that would be almost $34,000.

I saw this on another thread, and thought it was definitely worth pointing out. If you're spending that much per point at a resort, it better be to stay there at least 90% of the time. If that's your plan anyway, why not just save the $14,000, say to heck with the restrictions, and buy resale anyway? Unless people are adding on just a couple points here or there, or have figured out that it saves them in the long run to add on 75 points direct, it baffles me why anyone would pay the direct BCV prices when resale is so much cheaper.

Last edited:
We were buying our BCV points around 2008 direct from Disney in increments of 25,50 because resales were so high and I think the highest we paid was $115, so someone who knows can check on the dates. I balked at the price after that, but I am so happy we bought our 220 points there when we did.

We were buying our BCV points around 2008 direct from Disney in increments of 25,50 because resales were so high and I think the highest we paid was $115, so someone who knows can check on the dates. I balked at the price after that, but I am so happy we bought our 220 points there when we did.

We bought a 25 points add on direct in 2009 I think. It was done in conjunction with an small AKV add on and were given the total discount they offered at the time - ie, like purchase 50 points and get xx off. Our BCV point were $106/pt direct so that $110-$115 was probably the starting price. And of course no closing costs at the time.

We bought a 25 points add on direct in 2009 I think. It was done in conjunction with an small AKV add on and were given the total discount they offered at the time - ie, like purchase 50 points and get xx off. Our BCV point were $106/pt direct so that $110-$115 was probably the starting price. And of course no closing costs at the time.
Right, no closing costs.
There was a waitlist for direct points, BCV, always was popular.
I have 6 mini contracts of BCV, all were direct, same UY, same membership. Resale BCV contracts were uniformly stripped and high priced.
We first bought DVC in 2003, and I think they still had BCV points, but I felt we needed the standard view point value at BWV. It wasn’t until we actually got into BCV at 7 months, experienced SAB that I knew we wanted to own there!

Can someone please explain to me why they would raise direct prices again. I mean now BCV is going up to $225 a pt what is the reasoning for that since its shorter than most in years. I was gonna buy direct for perks and stuff but I cant now .

It could also be the level of the resale pricing. If DVC is exercising the ROFR at a higher price, they may need certain price spread for the direct sales.

Right, no closing costs.
There was a waitlist for direct points, BCV, always was popular.
I have 6 mini contracts of BCV, all were direct, same UY, same membership. Resale BCV contracts were uniformly stripped and high priced.
We first bought DVC in 2003, and I think they still had BCV points, but I felt we needed the standard view point value at BWV. It wasn’t until we actually got into BCV at 7 months, experienced SAB that I knew we wanted to own there!

Some have reported that along with the price increases the direct closings costs have been raised again. The costs mentioned seemed to put it right up there with any resale! And I'm 99% certain Disney operates their own title operations so they are getting a boost in revenue too.

I added on 25 points direct about a year ago and I saw very little difference in closing cost versus resale

Some have reported that along with the price increases the direct closings costs have been raised again. The costs mentioned seemed to put it right up there with any resale! And I'm 99% certain Disney operates their own title operations so they are getting a boost in revenue too.

I bought 25 direct in 2016–closing costs were about $105.

I just bought another 25 direct end of dec 2018 and they added a $195 fee as well, so it was around $340 this time.

Adding closing costs was a good way to juice the profit on all those small direct sales purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter