Confused..

so u think they are going to call people up and say.... "We have your 100 points at BCV, its $25k" and people are going to say "okie dokie" no way, they will pucker up & decline

They did that last year with several VGC buyers. I saw a couple of posts on various forums from people who were thrilled that their wait list to buy direct came through... coincidentally (#yeahright) a mere week after the $50/point price increase.

I think the bigger concern is right now IG has 20-50 people at it in the mornings at rope drop and is pretty much walk up the rest of the day. It is pretty much a "private entrance". After the skyliner traffic traffic joins, it will get more crowded. Hopefully not too much....

That's exactly the concern right there. But this is the direction they're heading, so it is what it is. On the other hand, I'd much rather take a gondola than the slow-boat to DHS, so it's a split decision for me.

when I see some BCV resales at $140ish, they ask the seller to cover dues &/or closing. $225 seems wayy too much. BCV was already one of the highest per point resorts.

when I see some BCV resales at $140ish, they ask the seller to cover dues &/or closing. $225 seems wayy too much. BCV was already one of the highest per point resorts.

But with enough people only willing to buy direct, at any price, and low enough supply at BCV, somebody will pay its and feel lucky that they got the points.

I bought BCV contract via resale I was gonna try and buy BCV direct to receive the perks but after this hike I wont be getting BCV direct Imbgonna have to try for something else and i didnt want that.

I bought BCV contract via resale I was gonna try and buy BCV direct to receive the perks but after this hike I wont be getting BCV direct Imbgonna have to try for something else and i didnt want that.

Yeah, $17,000 for 23 years of perks does seem a bit steep. Sorry to hear about your position.

They did that last year with several VGC buyers. I saw a couple of posts on various forums from people who were thrilled that their wait list to buy direct came through... coincidentally (#yeahright) a mere week after the $50/point price increase.

That's exactly the concern right there. But this is the direction they're heading, so it is what it is. On the other hand, I'd much rather take a gondola than the slow-boat to DHS, so it's a split decision for me.

problem with the gondola is that it won't be a direct shot from IG to DHS. Rather, you go most of the way to DHS, then hang a hard left and go to Riviera...and then you have to get off and switch to the other gondola line, wherein you then proceed to DHS.

Has anyone released how long this trip is supposed to take?

problem with the gondola is that it won't be a direct shot from IG to DHS. Rather, you go most of the way to DHS, then hang a hard left and go to Riviera...and then you have to get off and switch to the other gondola line, wherein you then proceed to DHS.

Has anyone released how long this trip is supposed to take?

Still probably 5x faster than the boat. :lmao:

Yeah, $17,000 for 23 years of perks does seem a bit steep. Sorry to hear about your position.
Oh I can get 100 pt contract but for 22 thousand not really sure I want to do that when I can get all for cheaper

OP....something like 67% of BCV resales get ROFR'd from Disney....so in other words, they know they can sell them direct because there is a waiting list. Hence the reason they can raise the direct price.....because most people who really want it will pay! Having said that I do think the increase is ridiculous.

I’m very surprised it’s that many! I did a lot of research before purchasing at the end of last year and it was hard to find what price they would take the contract at as there wasn’t a single BCV taken on this board, or the others I checked, in the last year.
I have now seen one taken since I submitted mine, but that’s the only one. Maybe we’re all offering too much. :-)

OP....something like 67% of BCV resales get ROFR'd from Disney....so in other words, they know they can sell them direct because there is a waiting list. Hence the reason they can raise the direct price.....because most people who really want it will pay! Having said that I do think the increase is ridiculous.

From everything I've seen that's an excessively higher number than actuality.

From everything I've seen that's an excessively higher number than actuality.

It's from the stats page of a well known resale company....assuming they track their numbers and it's from December 2018.....could be up and down....but the yearly review puts BCV at 67% and OKW at 80%

It's from the stats page of a well known resale company....assuming they track their numbers and it's from December 2018.....could be up and down....but the yearly review puts BCV at 67% and OKW at 80%

I'd probably not recommend them as brokers for BCV then. Another broker who also reports had BCV contract sales every month and 0 were ROFR'd. And the few reported here were 29 reported and 3 taken - 10%.

I’m guessing their stats don’t represent the whole.

We will finally being staying at BCV in a 1 bd rm for a week next thurs the 24th...anxious to see what all the hubba hubba is about..yes Iknow the SOB...lots of lovely and yummy places to eat...
WE have owned BWV 250 and 50 pts since 2000.& 2011 .......I will not rub it in and mention the price back then.....we love the location all the kids 53 and 50 ha!! and adult grandkids 29 26 24 23 and 23 love Epcot....
We have spent many weeks there with family and just ourselves....thoughts of selling have crossed our mind and left.......waiting on SWGE !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter