confused with reservations

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
I'll try to make a long story short. I called Universal resort to see if they had any "promo rates". They had one called "2 Tick Promotion" for $188/ night which included a waterview room at the RP and (2) adult tickets for your length of stay in the parks. We have 5 in our party and was wondering if I could use the "promo" 2 X to get the other 2 adult tickets we needed. The CRO said we would have to book another room for the same night in order to get the "promo"since it's only good per room booked. I did some research and figured I'd be spending about $178 for two additional adult tickets anyway. So, I asked if I could just book two rooms for the first night so that way I could get the 2 extra adult tickets I needed plus I'll have an extra room for the first night. I asked the CRO to please give me the total. The total she gave me was the exact amount she gave when I booked only one room per night. I asked her if this total was for just one night of two adjoining rooms and she said no that it was for all 6 nights. I'm confused. She basically gave me two rooms per night for the price of one. I know this has to be wrong. She was suppose to e-mail me the confirmation and I'm waiting to see what that says. Any suggestions, comments, help would be appreciated on how to handle this. Thank you in advance!!

I would be calling and asking for a faxed copy from the hotel that your ressies are with. Just call and ask for guest services and they should be able to fax one asap. Take a good look at it when you get it. I would suggest you might want to do somemore research. If your staying for 6 days you could by an ap that's prob. less that what you add in per day paying with your room. Plus you get discounts and perks with your passes at both parks and at the hotels. You can find deals on passes all the time for approx 99 each you could be set up with passes. As for your room you could possible get an ent. book rate at RPH for 99 a night at the lowest. You don't mention your dates so that's a guess. I would invest more time in searching for a better rate and passes. Don't forget to join lowes if you have'nt already and welcome to the us/ioa boards Mary

I have received my confirmation and it was pretty lame. It only had the amount of each night($188) and the confirmation number. There was no mention of a waterview or adjoining rooms, adult tickets --nothing. I'm giving them a call later today. As for doing more research, I felt I had done alot but I have been hearing of so many other deals. I don't have AAA or that Entertainment book(card) I also don't know if purchasing an AP for all of us would be cost efficient. We live in PA and this is only our second trip here. By the way, we are going in June 21-27. Thank you for your help.

Just to let everyone know, the "2 Tick Promo" seemed to be a better deal than if I were to book a hotel room by itself through AAA, Entertainment card or have an AP. The CRO went through everything with me and this came out to be the better deal. Why? because the $188/day included all taxes,(2) adult 6 day tickets and we will have a waterview. When you book a room with the others I mentioned, they don't include taxes(which we all know is high 11.5% ?) and it didn't include the adult tickets. If I'm wrong , please someone correct me. I want to make the right choice in saving money for my family. But I feel I did alot of research and this seems to be the better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter