Confused on Storm along bay opening

upbeatred

Mouseketeer
Does the new information mean Storm Along Bay will be closed during the initial June phase when only DVC resorts are open or does it mean it won't be open in July when the parks open? I won't go if there is not a pool to use, and I can't imagine all of Yacht and Beach using the quiet pool at the Beach Club, but it is very confusing.

No opening date given so right now, until further notice. I do think when they announce that YC and BC is opening, they will update.

I just saw the actual announcement. It mentions guests of YC and BC can enjoy the BCV pool since SAB is closed.

That leads me to believe it will not open at the same time,,,other wise why mention guests staying at resorts not yet open.

The quiet pool at the BCV and YACHT are about the size of a back yard pool. I just can't imagine the volume of guest they have being able to safely utilize that facility. I am hoping this is poor wording and only applies to the time period of only DVC guests. If the SAB is closed during the actual re-opening of the resorts, I am out unless they will let me change my reservation. I specifically chose Yacht club because I knew there would be lots of modifications in the parks and I at least wanted a nice pool. The entire waterpark at Universal is open already, and the Four Seasons water park will be open. It just doesn't make sense unless they are purposefully trying to get folks to cancel. I am currently thinking that is the policy behind a lot of these decisions.

The quiet pool at the BCV and YACHT are about the size of a back yard pool. I just can't imagine the volume of guest they have being able to safely utilize that facility. I am hoping this is poor wording and only applies to the time period of only DVC guests. If the SAB is closed during the actual re-opening of the resorts, I am out unless they will let me change my reservation. I specifically chose Yacht club because I knew there would be lots of modifications in the parks and I at least wanted a nice pool. The entire waterpark at Universal is open already, and the Four Seasons water park will be open. It just doesn't make sense unless they are purposefully trying to get folks to cancel. I am currently thinking that is the policy behind a lot of these decisions.

If only BCV are open and not BC and YC, its actually a very small amount of rooms. Now it would have been even better for social distancing to allow this very small population to use SAB, so Im guessing its staffing issues. Or its just not cost efficient to staff SAB for the tiny BCV population. Again its a guess, but I guess that SAB will open with BC and YC proper.

I just saw the actual announcement. It mentions guests of YC and BC can enjoy the BCV pool since SAB is closed.

That leads me to believe it will not open at the same time,,,other wise why mention guests staying at resorts not yet open.

View attachment 499584

I read it different than you do. All these statements are directed at DVC guests, with BCV being the resort this particular statement applies to. It says SAB (implying “which is”) at Yacht & Beach resorts, will be closed. The pool technically is at Y&B clubs because of where it is located. I don’t think the information is meant to address guests of the closed Y&B resorts, just BCV, just as all the other information applies to vacation club guests only. The statement actually says THIS resort, not THESE resorts. I believe new information will come out when other resorts open.

I believe that what they're calling the initial opening phase is June 22- July 10. So all we know right now is SAB will not be open during that time.

I think the fact that they limited no charge moves until July 4 is very telling. I suck at reading tea leaves so take it for what's it worth, but I think they plan on opening more resorts beginning July 5 and beyond. If the YC/BC opens, I don't believe they'd keep SAB closed, but who knows. I didn't think they'd keep both water parks closed. There's lots of things they've done I didn't believe they'd do, but they did. :crazy:

Bottom line, we don't know.

Disney needs to cancel all hotel reservations and all park tickets including MNSSHP. They can then figure this catastrophe out and only allow who and what they deem safe in for the next year.
Yeah, but then look at all the money they would immediately lose in deposits and pre-paid events. They have no incentive to cancel one second before they have to.

I read it different than you do. All these statements are directed at DVC guests, with BCV being the resort this particular statement applies to. It says SAB (implying “which is”) at Yacht & Beach resorts, will be closed. The pool technically is at Y&B clubs because of where it is located. I don’t think the information is meant to address guests of the closed Y&B resorts, just BCV, just as all the other information applies to vacation club guests only. The statement actually says THIS resort, not THESE resorts. I believe new information will come out when other resorts open.

Maybe..I guess we will know for sure when they announce those resorts are opening...and what is updated for the pool.

But, if I was someone who had a reservation there, and that pool is the reason, I would at least be prepared that this announcement could mean it remains closed.

Maybe..I guess we will know for sure when they announce those resorts are opening...and what is updated for the pool.

But, if I was someone who had a reservation there, and that pool is the reason, I would at least be prepared that this announcement could mean it remains closed.

I agree, be prepared for anything when regular resorts open. Just pointing out that this information, for now, applies to DVC resorts only. Everything or nothing could change when they announce regular resort openings & information. We won’t know until Disney announces regular resort opening info. I have a reservation for YC CL July 13-18. I am holding onto the reservation until I get information for regular resorts. Yes, I already know club level most probably won’t be available. But I’m waiting until Disney announces official information & trying not to read into what they have released so far.

Last edited:
I agree, be prepared for anything when regular resorts open. Just pointing out that this information, for now, applies to DVC resorts only. Everything or nothing could change when they announce regular resort openings & information. I have a reservation for YC CL July 13-18. I am holding onto the reservation until I get information for regular resorts. Yes, I already know club level most probably won’t be available. But I’m waiting until Disney announces official information & trying not to read into what they have released.

It applies until further notice. I have seen nothing that defined that it any other way

If it was only for when BCV would be open why bother mentioning YC and BC at all?

Can you point to me where it says only until July 11th?

It applies until further notice. I have seen nothing that defined that it any other way

If it was only for when BCV would be open why bother mentioning YC and BC at all?

They mentioned YC and BC because SAB’s official name is “Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts”. They clarified the next sentence to say “Guests of Disney’s Beach Club Villas” could use the leisure pool rather than just saying “Guests at that resort” previously.

That still doesn’t say what will happen in the future, but it no long implies that SAB won’t be open when YC and BC open.

As I said originally, I believe they used AT Yacht & Beach Club to describe where SAB is located, that’s all. This information is under Beach Club Villas. So it applies to BCV. All DCV resorts have their own specific information link. There is no link for regular resorts, so no link for Y& B. So to me, there is no official information released about those resorts. On another note, I noticed this says BCV guests can use Luna Park at BWV. Did I miss that yesterday, or is that new today?

C98D6E3D-8EFE-4B80-AF3F-57AA175E84B5.jpeg

I didn’t say it applies only until July 11th. It says it applies during initial reopening. Disney has not defined what initial reopening is. I don’t see anywhere that says the words “until further notice“ either. But I expect “further notice” will come when regular resorts open & that official information is released. .

FA7C9F18-CF5B-46DE-A8A3-EF364ADB514B.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter