Confused by WDW accessibility info

There has never been a requirement that CMs push anyone through the lines, ever. There is a degree of personal responsibility here, including ensuring that when accessible entrances are available, the guest takes the necessary steps to avail themselves of the provided accessibility. Just as Disney is not required to provide free wheelchairs, neither are they required to provide someone to push those wheelchairs.
I would disagree, they already took the necessary level of personal responsibility by using an ECV and Disney decided for whatever reasons not to allow the ECVs in the queue, so at that point it would be Disney's responsibility to accommodate a legitimate mobility device in a reasonable manner.

The best is to provide a viable alternate entrance, but failing that if the person has no one to ouch them in a manual chair, but is using an ECV, then a CM pushing them is a reasonable alternative. Again, the person needing assistance did what they needed to do and already took personal responsibility and ECVs are considered mobility devices that must be accommodated.

I would disagree, they already took the necessary level of personal responsibility by using an ECV and Disney decided for whatever reasons not to allow the ECVs in the queue, so at that point it would be Disney's responsibility to accommodate a legitimate mobility device in a reasonable manner.

The best is to provide a viable alternate entrance, but failing that if the person has no one to ouch them in a manual chair, but is using an ECV, then a CM pushing them is a reasonable alternative. Again, the person needing assistance did what they needed to do and already took personal responsibility and ECVs are considered mobility devices that must be accommodated.
I agree with you I know for space when I was useing a wheelchair and alone 2 of the time the CM asked me if I needed help one time she was very insisted on someone helping me. The first time I was fine with it the CM ( he was in the yellow strip shirt) got a call on the Radio And he replayed I am doing a code. ( forgot what the code was) I asked him and he said that was the code for pushing a gust in the line. The next time as the CM was pushing me out I heard again I am doing a code ( I forget the number) and I said oh that the code for pushing a wheelchair he said how did you know so for space if you are alone then a CM can push you. A few months latter I saw way they did this when a gust lost control of her wheelchair coming down the big hill let’s just say going really fast a railing about the same night as your face = a lot of blood lucky for me the line had just move about 10 feel becuse I would have been what she hit.

Exactly, there are all sorts of issues here, I don't know if the person you saw was in this boat or not, but let's say that she normally uses an ECV, even in her day to day life, this is not uncommon. She brings it as her mobility device by herself (legally allowed), then gets told she has to transfer to a wheelchair, which she is not used to using by herself, so going in or coming out she looses control and mows people down.

Now she had done the right thing bringing an ECV as a perfectly legitimate mobility device, how is it her responsibility to make up for a company's shortcomings in that they did provide adequate accommodations for her legitimate mobility device?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter