confused about upgrading gold pass to new platinum offer

Because your Gold Pass was purchased prior to the 2/12/2017 price increase, it will cost you $10.67 to upgrade to the Platinum Plus Pass. Keep an eye on your expiration date as some are losing the extra month from 13 month promo. They've been able to get the expiration date corrected.

I'm wondering what's going to happen when I try to upgrade my platinum pass that was from a DVC purchase promotion years ago that I finally redeemed last year. I was given the 13 months they were doing at the time but what I don't know is what value it shows in the system. It might be a zero value for all I know.

You can upgrade/download to any level of annual pass you are entitled to when you renew and keep the renewal savings.

Ah...even better thanks for the info! Always learning new stuff on these boards, glad I checked into it. Now if the kids decide they want to squeeze in a waterpark visit this trip, it will be easy to do and we can save our OLD OLD OLD tickets with water park options still left on them for a future trip!

Ah...even better thanks for the info! Always learning new stuff on these boards, glad I checked into it. Now if the kids decide they want to squeeze in a waterpark visit this trip, it will be easy to do and we can save our OLD OLD OLD tickets with water park options still left on them for a future trip!

So long as you renew by January you'll get the platinum for the reduced price.

Alternatively, you can buy a platinum at reduced price by January and activate prior to 2019.

"You don't call dvc to upgrade, you need to call WDW ticketing
407-566-4985 option 5. I did called this morning and it took just a couple of minutes. My gold ap was not activated yet. Because I paid $549 when I bought it last year, I did have to pay the difference in the price of the current ap which was $10.65"

FWIW,

I have 2 unactivated DVC Gold AP's that I bought last November and am looking to upgrade them to the DVC Platinum offer.
I just got off the phone with WDW ticketing and was told that in order to keep the 13 month expiry, I will have to activate the Gold passes first and then go to guest relations to do the upgrade and preserve the 13 month window.
The CM also said that this is the new norm for this specific upgrade.

We had Platinum, upgraded at Guest Service right inside of Epcot! So easy, and we had a great day at BB yesterday!

I know you've all explained this every way possible but still I have to ask...we bought the DVC 13 mos AP Gold Pass and activated the passes during our January 2017 trip. We will be returning in late October 2017 and would love to bump up to the Platinum Pass primarily for golf at Oak Trail. Can we do this even though we've already used our passes? Staying at BWV so I'm guessing we would go to Guest Services at International Gateway?

I know you've all explained this every way possible but still I have to ask...we bought the DVC 13 mos AP Gold Pass and activated the passes during our January 2017 trip. We will be returning in late October 2017 and would love to bump up to the Platinum Pass primarily for golf at Oak Trail. Can we do this even though we've already used our passes? Staying at BWV so I'm guessing we would go to Guest Services at International Gateway?

Yes you can do that.

I just did this past week but watch the expiration date and that it doesn't adjust back to 12 months. Mine did and I just noticed today so had to call in and get it changed back to the appropriate expiration date. No issues in getting it done but just a bother to have to call.

We had Gold 13 for 12 passes, not activated, that we bought last October. When we went last month, we went to the back entrance at Epcot and activated/upgraded to Platinum at the same time. Didn't cost anything, and we kept our 13 months. Took about five minutes. Very easy.

Yes you can do that.

I just did this past week but watch the expiration date and that it doesn't adjust back to 12 months. Mine did and I just noticed today so had to call in and get it changed back to the appropriate expiration date. No issues in getting it done but just a bother to have to call.
I just got home from WDW and easily upgraded but just looked and it reverted back to 12 months. I am so upset. Did you call DVC to get it changed back?

I just got home from WDW and easily upgraded but just looked and it reverted back to 12 months. I am so upset. Did you call DVC to get it changed back?

No, I called the Passholder line. They took care of it in a minute or two. I don't think DVC would be able to do anything about it - it's a ticketing issue.

No, I called the Passholder line. They took care of it in a minute or two. I don't think DVC would be able to do anything about it - it's a ticketing issue.
I tried calling multiple areas at Disney yesterday and finally ended up with ticketing area. DVC and passholder areas couldn't help. I was told by ticketing that they would change my expiration date back as a "courtesy" but that it is supposed to be one promotion or another, not both. I told them I was never told this by DVC when I called to discuss or by guest relations when upgrading.

I tried calling multiple areas at Disney yesterday and finally ended up with ticketing area. DVC and passholder areas couldn't help. I was told by ticketing that they would change my expiration date back as a "courtesy" but that it is supposed to be one promotion or another, not both. I told them I was never told this by DVC when I called to discuss or by guest relations when upgrading.

Oh the inconsistency. As I mentioned I called the Passholder line and the CM was immediate on getting it changed. She pulled up my file, saw what the date had been and fixed it. No stories about one or the other etc.

FYI - if it had been me I would have pointed out that DVC was also allowed to renew that same promotion for 13 months. So, it was both........

Oh the inconsistency. As I mentioned I called the Passholder line and the CM was immediate on getting it changed. She pulled up my file, saw what the date had been and fixed it. No stories about one or the other etc.

FYI - if it had been me I would have pointed out that DVC was also allowed to renew that same promotion for 13 months. So, it was both........
Trust me, I tried everything with everyone I spoke to. I agree that there is inconsistency.

I even emailed Disney yesterday and got an email today telling me my renewal date is in June. Yes, only because I already resolved theissue on my own!

I'm just out at the moment and my phone is about to die. Can anyone tell me the price of the Platinum pass please and when the offer ends? I'm from the U.K. so when I log in it doesn't show me the prices as it diverts me back to the U.K. site. Thank you xx

I'm just out at the moment and my phone is about to die. Can anyone tell me the price of the Platinum pass please and when the offer ends? I'm from the U.K. so when I log in it doesn't show me the prices as it diverts me back to the U.K. site. Thank you xx
$595.34 (total including sales tax). Pass must be purchased by January 3, 2018. First use must occur by December 31, 2018. Annual passes are valid for 365 days from the date of redemption. This offer is part of Membership Extras. New purchasers after April 4, 2016 must purchase directly from Disney to have access to Membership Extras.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!