Confused about FP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcw57

DIS Veteran
Why do people note (in their questions, etc) 60+4 or +5. ?

How does that enter into the equation for getting FP? Isn't your 60+4 someone else's 60? Why would the +4 day be any different than if you booked it on a plain old 60 day? (not counting crowds and event changes, etc)...

I'm missing something here...........clearly I'm a novice.

60+ 4 or +5 won't be someone else's 60 day until that date rolls around. If I have a 10 night stay and am booking my FP's I can already book for the 10th day while anyone with a shorter stay can not book those dates. The longer the stay the less people have a chance at booking those FP's meaning more availability.

Why do people note (in their questions, etc) 60+4 or +5. ?

How does that enter into the equation for getting FP? Isn't your 60+4 someone else's 60? Why would the +4 day be any different than if you booked it on a plain old 60 day? (not counting crowds and event changes, etc)...

I'm missing something here...........clearly I'm a novice.
When the FP booking window opens for an onsite guest, it’s open for the complete length of stay.

If they book at 60+5, they are booking their FPs 5 days before that “someone else’s” 60 day window.

They report it this way to inform others of what may be open when their length of stay booking opens...+5 or +6 is a surer chance of SDD or FoP than a straight 60.

My 60+4 date, when I made it, was more than 60 days away. If you were checking in on that same 60+4 date, your FP options would not yet have opened up in your MDE.

When you hit your 60 day mark, you can book for your whole stay (or 10 days, if you have a very long trip.) My 60 day mark was yesterday. I am staying Sat -Sat. If I was trying for a hard to get fastpass, I could make it for the Friday of my stay. So essentially 66 days away (60 +6). The only people who are already booking for that day are people who start their stay 4 days before I do. I have a better chance of getting something than if I try for my day 60. That date will have been being booked for maybe 10 days already by people who started their vacations 10 or less days before me ( 60 + 10). So people with a longer stay have a better chance for popular fastpasses than someone who is only staying for a few days.

Hope that made sense & didn’t confuse you more!

People mention it because it's easier to get Flight of Passage, Slinky Dog and Mine Train later on in your trip.

Example:

9/1 --I check in and that is day 60. There was nothing available for Slinky of Flight of Passage
9/4--My 4th day onsite. I was able to get Slinky at night. That's why I posted I got it for 60 + 4

I hope this helps.

It's really just a way to let people know that you're booking things for later in your trip. Personally I never bother with mentioning it and I guess I don't see the point as much as others do. But, I'm also not a hardcore FP planner and don't wake up early in the morning to get them.

I get it now.

But everyone who is staying during that period can book those days....is there s HUGE difference in the amount of people who have access to those days...?

I get it now.

But everyone who is staying during that period can book those days....is there s HUGE difference in the amount of people who have access to those days...?

Yes I think the availability differences prove that. Most people stay 4-8 days I would guess.

I get it now.

There is. For rides such as FOP and SDD there is often no availability for the first few days, or possibly only late evening options. As you get further along more availability opens up and morning FP's become an option. Once you get beyond day 4 or 5 you can often choose your FP's for any time you want.

I get it now.

Yes. Guests who stay Club Level at a Deluxe Resort can purchase “Extra FPs” and book these FPs up to 90 days in advance and Disney recently admitted the CL FPs are from the same FP pool that is available to regular guests.

Guests with stays longer than two weeks can book their FPs 74 days in advance with their rolling 74-day window.

And any onsite guest who checks in more than one day before you and whose booking window overlaps yours, will be grabbing FPs for days during your trip before your window even opens.

So, if you are trying to decide between an offsite stay or an onsite stay, for FP booking it’s more advantageous to stay onsite.

I get it now.

In the crazyness that is Disney, we must plan our vacations so far out.

Let us day I am arriving on the 1st, but you are arriving on the 2nd. We are both staying for a week.

60 days before I arrive, I start to book my plans for my entire trip. You cannot yet book anything, your trip does not start for another 61 days.

The next day, you try to book your plans first thing, and find out that there are no fastpasses available on your first day (Same thing for dinning reservations). You do not understand, it is 60 days away, ow can everything be gone? It is because the people that started their vacation a week before you have already booked those days. You may be able to get some later in your trip, but the first day may be sold out before your window even opens.

It is probably the one thing I hate about FP+, and wish they just went back to the original paper FP.

FP planning can be pretty annoying, but I am really glad I have them. I don't feel like racing to the machine at park open. We don't like to rope drop every day.

But then people on here would complain that FOP or 7DMT are gone for the day by 10am
Very true. Nothing is ever perfect....

We have become very good at planning out our vacations. And I have to admit, there is a certain amount of fun that comes along with that.

On the flip side, I do find it amazing that things like restaurants are booked and sold out months in advance. With annual passes, there are times that we may make a last minute plan to head to Disney for a few days. Last time that happened, I had a boss who told me to take a couple of days off days off after a rather long running project that culminated in a marathon weekend of work. So, while this upcoming trip next week has been planned for about six months, when my boss gave me a extra few days off, we planned a 4 day trip to Disney Monday night for a late Wednesday night arrival.

Don't get me wrong, as always we had a blast. And being able to utilize a few Hilton points along with our AP, it was essentially a "free" four day weekend. But there was no chance of planning a dining reservation at that point. We did a couple of quick service meals, and our Landry's card did get us into Rainforest at AK. We got a few FP, but again, nothing to write home about.

It is what it is.

I posted this on another thread:

But 60+ out does matter.

Think about it like this: let's say 70% of people booking are going for 3 days and 30% of people booking are going for 10 days (obviously this is just made up). When the 3-day people book, they will only book for Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3. This leaves Day 4-10 with more FPs available. So, if I'm going on a 10-day trip, I know LESS people will be booking FPs on Days 4-10 because 70% of the people booked are only going for 3 days.

To further explain, let's use an example of Nov 1 - 10. MOST people who are booking FPs are only staying a couple of days (let's say 3-5 days). So, they will book FPs for 60+3. But people who are staying 10 days will be able to book 60+10. There are not as many people going for 10 days (starting on Nov 1). So, if you're a 60+10 person who starts on Nov 1, then you will have pick of the litter from Nov 5-10 because MOST people will not have booked that far out.

Then, starting on Nov 2, it will be somebody else's 60 day start, and on Nov 3, it will be somebody else's 60 day start. So, you get more and more people starting their 60 day bookings. So, then you start seeing FPs disappearing as you get closer and closer to Nov 5 -10.

So, yes, booking FPs at 60+10 is much much easier than 60.

Very true. Nothing is ever perfect....

We have become very good at planning out our vacations. And I have to admit, there is a certain amount of fun that comes along with that.

On the flip side, I do find it amazing that things like restaurants are booked and sold out months in advance. With annual passes, there are times that we may make a last minute plan to head to Disney for a few days. Last time that happened, I had a boss who told me to take a couple of days off days off after a rather long running project that culminated in a marathon weekend of work. So, while this upcoming trip next week has been planned for about six months, when my boss gave me a extra few days off, we planned a 4 day trip to Disney Monday night for a late Wednesday night arrival.

Don't get me wrong, as always we had a blast. And being able to utilize a few Hilton points along with our AP, it was essentially a "free" four day weekend. But there was no chance of planning a dining reservation at that point. We did a couple of quick service meals, and our Landry's card did get us into Rainforest at AK. We got a few FP, but again, nothing to write home about.

It is what it is.

Did you try to make reservations though? Besides character meals and BOG, you can usually book most table service a few days before sometimes the night before.

Before the posts claiming that is not true, here is what is available for a table of 4 for Dinner tomorrow. Edit: Its easier to list what is not available.

Not Available:
BOG
Fresh Medi
Frontera Cocina
'Ohona
Sci-Fi
Y&Y

Everything else has multiple open spots between 5-8pm the day before.

Last edited:
Because the thread is no longer on FP booking for a complete onsite stay, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter