Confused about entry in SWGE & HS in general

Let's keep hoping for this. If they look at the opening of the Wizarding Worlds at Universal Orlando, they will see a pretty well thought example. I think requiring people to stand in a line all day line is asking for trouble.
What did they do at Universal?

What did they do at Universal?
first day looked like the pic above to get into IOA. I'm not sure if the park hit capacity that day....anyways once inside they gave you a voucher with a return time, sort of like a fp but you had to make a 5 hour line to get said voucher
here's a video
Here's the video of opening at Wizarding World of HP Diagon Alley. The wait times for Escape from Gringotts was 450 minutes

Last edited:
first day looked like the pic above to get into IOA. I'm not sure if the park hit capacity that day....anyways once inside they gave you a voucher with a return time, sort of like a fp but you had to make a 5 hour line to get said voucher
here's a video
Here's the video of opening at Wizarding World of HP Diagon Alley. The wait times for Escape from Gringotts was 450 minutes

Pretty organized in my opinion, considering. I think it helped to keep things “sane”, but it is all relative. We were at WDW during the first month that Diagon Alley opened in Summer 2014. Decided on that trip to book our first UO trip for the next Spring Break. Have been going since. I think they handle crowds well. Halloween Horror Nights is another example.

Last edited:

I’m still debating my options. Took an ADR for 8:05 for Hollywood and Vine for 9/14 just to get in the park early. Never did a rope drop at Hollywood before but from what I’ve seen here there is no advantage besides just getting in a bit earlier. Does anyone know where I will be crowd wise once I come out of breakfast? Far back? Towards the front? Hoping to hit SWGE first thing. Could care less about the breakfast characters. Just enough to fill my stomach and go.

I’m still debating my options. Took an ADR for 8:05 for Hollywood and Vine for 9/14 just to get in the park early. Never did a rope drop at Hollywood before but from what I’ve seen here there is no advantage besides just getting in a bit earlier. Does anyone know where I will be crowd wise once I come out of breakfast? Far back? Towards the front? Hoping to hit SWGE first thing. Could care less about the breakfast characters. Just enough to fill my stomach and go.
We're thinking that they will extend dhs hours with most days opening at 8am. I would keep an eye on the hours as we get closer to August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts