Confused about booking resort with Annual Pass

My2CrazyGirls

DIS Veteran
Can you book a room with an Annual Pass rate before you get the annual pass? How do you search for annual pass rates? I put in APH and searched many dates and no discounts come up for an annual pass. Are the APH rates few and far between? Thank you.

If an AP rate is available at the time that you check for the dates you want to book, it will show up.

If it is not available at the time you check for the dates you want to book, it won't.

But keep checking back, because things can change.

And there's a thread here that keeps track of when APH rates are available for what dates...

Thank you for the info! Right now lowest rate at RPR is $519 for April! Hopefully an APH or other rate will pop up!

Thank you for the info! Right now lowest rate at RPR is $519 for April! Hopefully an APH or other rate will pop up!

April is well far away for APH rates. They typically do not become available until a few months before a given date period.

What many typically do is book ahead of time at the lowest rate they can find (and are comfortable with) and then continue to check rates/check for AP and if a better rate comes up they re-book and cancel their previous booking (since there are no cancellation fees).

Good luck with your hunting!

I think its usually 90(ish) days out from your travel dates is when APH rates will become available, if they are offered. If you're looking at April of next year anywhere near Easter/Spring Break, just know that APH rates may not be available. They are blacked out during busy times.

I hope they offer better than rack rates as we get closer to April. Over 500 is crazy!

It is usually very high during Christmas and Spring Break. For comparative sake, check out the WDW prices of the monorail hotels, or Epcot walkable hotels during that same time to give you an idea of what is normal pricing for a deluxe hotel within short commute distance of the parks.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are 100 less per night than the week before Easter. I checked lots of weeks and the week b4 Easter looks like the most expensive of the year.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are 100 less per night than the week before Easter. I checked lots of weeks and the week b4 Easter looks like the most expensive of the year.

Are you still looking at the week before Easter? I'm also debating a trip. I've gone to WDW during this time before (really kind of stuck due to school breaks), and I feel like it's a bit different, as I can stay at a moderate or value priced hotel and still get fastpasses. I don't think I want to go to USO without express pass during this time, given how long lines will be, and the EP resorts are still less pricy than purchasing two EPs per day and staying at Endless Summer. If I go we might bookend our stays with a non-EP resort, and add CBR in the middle for our Volcano bay day. I am not a huge fan of moving so much, but we can pack light and make it work. Otherwise, I think the trip is a no-go.

Yes, would like to do 3 or 4 nights at hotel w Express Passes and then 3 or 4 nights someplace leas expensive. But prices now would be 2335 for 4 nights at RP (standard room) which is really too high!

Those prices! Yikes! We went spring break 2019, which was luckily a few weeks before Easter. For 2020, it coincides with Easter. Guess we made the right decision to pull the kids from school 2 days and do it over February break for 2020(which is a 3 day break vs. 5 day).

Anyhow, I came to comment that we just booked and our travel agent was told 60-90 days out for AP rates to be released.

Yes, would like to do 3 or 4 nights at hotel w Express Passes and then 3 or 4 nights someplace leas expensive. But prices now would be 2335 for 4 nights at RP (standard room) which is really too high!

I worked it out and with two RPR, split with CBR for two days in the middle, and bookended by dockside at the end. Moving so much aside, it was still so pricy! So then I was just randomly thinking about Disneyland for fun, and found I could stay there, at a hotel across from the entrance, with hoppers + maxpass for 800 less, total. Geeze. I’m bummed because I don’t think we can afford US. Disneyland is out as that will be a trip with everyone in a couple years.

I’m now deciding on whether to take a shorter trip instead in early November (3 full days) that coincides with two days off for the kids. I’d take both kids, to take my teen to HHN, plus DH would come to be with youngest on the HHN night.

I’m just bummed as the spring break was going to be a 1:1 for my younger kid. I’m also looking instead at possibly a sea world, Busch garden, discovery cove ticket/hotel package, but I don’t know if she’ll meet the 54” by then for the tallest coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter