AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I'm in the same boat - our AP should have expired July 4th, but we now have a room July 15th- 19th. I was only able to book FP for myself, since I had an unused never expires ticket from back in the day. I'm hoping the times will still be available when my husband's pass is extended.

All this all assumes that FP will matter when it comes to the reservation system.
If FPs are still being used for your trip stop by guest services on your way into the park and ask them to add a FP to your husband‘s account for the same time as yours. We had a paper ticket for our son and couldn’t use it to make FP reservations ahead of time but a phone CM said to use guest services to add his at the park and they were happy to do it. Now with all the upheaval, maybe that will change and maybe too long a wait at GS?

not to add salt to the wound and off topic but Universal is killing it in the costumer service department to their APs. As soon as they announced reopening dates we could call and get the exact date of extensions and today they have come out with a buttload of perks, free upgrade to preferred parking, a free refillable mug, separate entrances for security and parks, 30 min extra at VB in the mornings, magnets and buttons, alongside their regular discounts on food and merch
I sure hope Disney comes with it!

Has Disney announced yet whether the extension/credit for annual passes will stop as of July 11? Put another way, is it now official that annual pass holders will have their passes extended by 117 days (March 16 - July 10)?

Last edited:

Has Disney announced yet whether the extension/credit for annual passes will stop as of July 11? Put another way, is the is it now official that annual pass holders will have their passes extended by 117 days (March 16 - July 10)?
merged you to the existing thread

Has Disney announced yet whether the extension/credit for annual passes will stop as of July 11? Put another way, is it now official that annual pass holders will have their passes extended by 117 days (March 16 - July 10)?
I was told that if your annual pass expired during the closure, then your pass would be extended by the number of days the parks were closed up until your expiration date, not up until July 11. So July 11 would only apply to those whose pass expired after that date.

I was told that if your annual pass expired during the closure, then your pass would be extended by the number of days the parks were closed up until your expiration date, not up until July 11. So July 11 would only apply to those whose pass expired after that date.
Same with the silver not getting June and July to equal the days you paid for

So if you had 30 days left on your AP, you would have 30 days after reopening to use your pass? Sounds like if it extends into block out dates for your pass type, well, too bad?

I'm kind of baffled by the confusion about how many days passes will be extended by. It's very simple - count out how many days you should have had access to the park, but they were closed. That means you don't count out days that you were blocked out, days your pass would have been expired, etc. Just days when your AP was active and good to get into the park, but they were closed - add all those days up.

Then. once they reopen and start the clock for passholders (jury is still out on when that will happen with reservations and whatnot, but we'll find out eventually), you add that number of days you came up with to your pass - and again, you're skipping counting block out days since you still don't have access then. So if you have a silver pass, those days don't start being added until August 7, when your block out expires. You are getting the same exact number of days in the park - you just have to do the math.

And I know this doesn't work for some of us with medical issues or who live far away - I'm just talking about the confusion about how the math works. It's way more simple than people are making it out to be.

I'm kind of baffled by the confusion about how many days passes will be extended by. It's very simple - count out how many days you should have had access to the park, but they were closed. That means you don't count out days that you were blocked out, days your pass would have been expired, etc. Just days when your AP was active and good to get into the park, but they were closed - add all those days up.

Then. once they reopen and start the clock for passholders (jury is still out on when that will happen with reservations and whatnot, but we'll find out eventually), you add that number of days you came up with to your pass - and again, you're skipping counting block out days since you still don't have access then. So if you have a silver pass, those days don't start being added until August 7, when your block out expires. You are getting the same exact number of days in the park - you just have to do the math.

And I know this doesn't work for some of us with medical issues or who live far away - I'm just talking about the confusion about how the math works. It's way more simple than people are making it out to be.
As in getter added the time between March 16 and may 31st

That is the most cogent explanation I’ve seen. I just didn’t know if they would go to the trouble of figuring out the math for each pass type for each expiration date. Shouldn’t really be that difficult to do with computers, though.
Next the issue will be the re-opening day used—whether the first day of operations despite limited parks, attractions, amenities or some future threshold of services available.

Hmmm. I was team extension earlier on, when I was more optimistic about fall/winter trips. If we get an extension from the time the parks were closed in March-July, that would put my extension through late March. I've already cancelled my July trip and would be interested in a trip later this year if things seem relatively safe, but if only DVC resorts are open without discounts, then that is just not in the cards for me. The AP room discounts were an extra ~10% on top of regular room discounts, so no discount at all is a big loss for me.

Now, all I'm really hoping for is that Marathon Weekend will still happen. If that gets cancelled I probably will cancel since the timing is poor with my work schedule. So even with an extension, I'm only partially hopefully about one more (short) trip. A partial refund might be similar to the cost of just buying tickets for Marathon Weekend. If they refund even more days past July 11, then the partial refund would probably make even more sense for me.

Of course the dream would be to just get a pro-rated refund on my entire AP since the parks closed in March, but that is wishful thinking. I'd be perfectly happy if they "stopped the clock" and allowed us to restart our APs when we wanted, but again probably wishful thinking.

I'm very lucky I squeezed in a second trip on my AP before things went crazy, so I pretty much broke even already. But since I was originally planning on 4-5 trips and timed my AP around my work schedule, this definitely has thrown me for a loop. We shall see what happens...

not to add salt to the wound and off topic but Universal is killing it in the costumer service department to their APs. As soon as they announced reopening dates we could call and get the exact date of extensions and today they have come out with a buttload of perks, free upgrade to preferred parking, a free refillable mug, separate entrances for security and parks, 30 min extra at VB in the mornings, magnets and buttons, alongside their regular discounts on food and merch

Wait, we get a refillable mug?!?! crud, missed that

Except I was told no one is really sure yet IF that's how it will work. I started calling first thing this morning. I immediately got through and the call dropped. :( I finally was able to speak with a CM late this afternoon after an hour on hold. They were very nice but had no info except the "No" list. No FP, No Extra Magic Hours, No characters, etc. I'm mildly surprised Disney is so far behind the curve.

Sorry, this has probably been answered several times, but I can't find it.

When is the deadline for making a refund vs extension decision?

My AP expires 9/3. So, I would get extended into January I guess. But now the family has decided we may end up having to wait till after that (for various reasons, one being just wanting to wait until things were back to normal).

I would like to wait until the last minute to have to make that extension vs refund decision.

Sorry, this has probably been answered several times, but I can't find it.

When is the deadline for making a refund vs extension decision?

My AP expires 9/3. So, I would get extended into January I guess. But now the family has decided we may end up having to wait till after that (for various reasons, one being just wanting to wait until things were back to normal).

I would like to wait until the last minute to have to make that extension vs refund decision.
nothing has been reported by Disney but some people that seem ïn the know¨over on the news and rumor thread have said to do it as soon as you can. The thinking is that once the reservation system opens you will need to have everything set. If you are on the monthly payment plan call 888 701 4100

nothing has been reported by Disney but some people that seem ïn the know¨over on the news and rumor thread have said to do it as soon as you can. The thinking is that once the reservation system opens you will need to have everything set. If you are on the monthly payment plan call 888 701 4100
But guests are unable to extend passes at this time. Mine expired last month and Shows expired. I'm unable to do ANYTHING except renew it.

But guests are unable to extend passes at this time. Mine expired last month and Shows expired. I'm unable to do ANYTHING except renew it.
yes, what I´m saying is people need to call and let them know that they are choosing the extension and they will put a note on the ap

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter