Condensed Trip Report

Heckah

Mouseketeer
I was working on a bigger one, but I just don't have the time so here is a condensed one. We had a blast as indicated in this video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bw0eH2k4ag&sns=fb

Quick notes,

Akershus v CRT - Akershus wins by a long shot. The food at CRT was mediocre at best. The interaction between the characters and my kids were great at both. The "Princess Parade" at Akershus was adorable, vs just waving a wand at CRT. The only cool think about CRT was actually dining in the castle itself. If that's worth an extra dining credit to you go for it, otherwise Akershus wins by a mile.

CBR - The resort is great, we got upgraded to a pirate room and by "upgraded" they mean "we hope you enjoy walking a long way to get your coffee." The rooms were very cool, but the trade off of being so far away from the "action" may or may not be worth it. Very cool that they had a woman in front of the Custom House with an iPad acknowledging my daughters B-Day and gave us an express check in.

BBB - Worth every single penny. We got DD6 the top of the line package and got DD3 the basic package. You get a free photo shoot with the top of the line package that both girls got to take part in. They make a big deal out of making sure the kids don't see themselves until the transformation is complete. What a great moment.

Rides being down - It happened a bunch while we were there. Splash Mountain FP was useless, we planned to use out SDMT FP in the first part of the window so we could get to DTD, but that ride was down. Must have come back up during the window because we never got compensated with an FP.

Walking - my goodness do you walk. We are Six Flags Season Pass holders, and considered ourselves theme park veterans. Boy were we wrong. If you are a first time, consult a map before making FPs so you aren't having to run from one side of the park to the other.

Otherwise it was great. Thanks to the folks here at DisBoards for all your help. One CM was going through our pictures making sure our ETWB pics made it on to our MM account and commented how good a job we did especially for being first timers. I can tell you, knowing that the posted wait times at Disney are a complete lie and having a resource to get me accurate info, as well as having a leg up on how to navigate FP+ were game changers for us and allowed us to get a lot more done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter