Conctrete pad sizes

Carrie Ellis

DIS Veteran
Hello guys! We have camped forever but now my two sets of twins are 17, 17 and 21, 21. We have outgrown the RV and have found that VRBOs are pretty much the only way to go to WDW. Super sad but I know in the future we will be able to go back to the Fort. Once the kids are on their own and maybe they have an RV or something.

My parents now pull their RV when we go somewhere. Wonderful for us because when they book the Fort we can hang out there still! They stayed in a preferred loop last May. We thought they might enjoy walking to the boat but even that was too far. We ended renting a golf cart 1/2 way through for them. This next time we will line up a golf cart from the get go. Disney sure is making that more difficult. Distance is not a big deal if you have a golf cart but I also thought they might enjoy not being too far from the trading post too.

I just priced their spot for Dec 2019 based on 2018 prices and OH MY it is up there. I was thinking the 900 loop/premium but now I am wondering if a full site would do. They can afford either but they are old school and will complain! ha They have 3 dogs.

Their RV is 34 foot and 1 slide out. I can't find any recent pad sizes on the full sites. They have a porch/fence they set up for the dogs too.

Does anyone know the exact concrete pad size for the full hookups vs the premium sites?

And I know there is volume vs room discounts but are there ANY discounts? We have military, AAA (I know gone now), Disney Visa etc....

Thank you in advance!!!
Carrie

Carrie, not certain of the exact size in the FHU sites but my 31' FW fit at site 1901 with lots of room to spare.

Thank you tripleb! That helps! We are going to book at the 499 day mark for them so it is on my sister and my mind already. Since it is the year that Star Wars and December, I figured we better do it asap. So, we will get it all ironed out for them. I just can't believe how much prices have went up. Our very first stay at the Fort, now it was 2004, we got a military discount and it was $26/night!!!! For 10 nights it was under $300. Crazy huh!

I priced a offsite golf cart for them and we will do that because it will be for many days. Shoot that is getting difficult!

Yeah Carrie, know what you mean about the prices. Luckily for us, we are Florida residents and do get a discount on tickets. No discount at the Fort though. You will save a few bucks by booking in the FHU section, and since you're getting a golf cart, the distance to the Settlement won't be much of an issue.

The pads are about the same size as the preferred, some may even be longer. Most of the full hook up sites are actually larger than the preferred, as there is more room between sites.

What type of 34 foot RV ?? I mean one could get a 34 foot class A into the 100 loops. A fifth wheel, maybe a bit tighter, and a TT even more of a challenge. We will be very limited when we come down next time, with a 43ft Fifth wheel being towed by a HDT.

What type of 34 foot RV ?? I mean one could get a 34 foot class A into the 100 loops. A fifth wheel, maybe a bit tighter, and a TT even more of a challenge. We will be very limited when we come down next time, with a 43ft Fifth wheel being towed by a HDT.

I am sorry! I should have been more clear. It is a 34 ft bumper pull. It only has one slide.

Our 2017 trip, they were in a preferred loop but it was tight. This time, I thought they might enjoy a premium site! My dad is not getting any younger and backing into tight spots is not fun. After I saw the prices I started thinking that maybe a full site would be a consideration. I was wondering if maybe the pad was smaller than a premium but still big enough and the space was larger than a preferred site!

Thank you!!

I thought I read on another thread that all sites are pet friendly now?
They are. But it still says on the website...just for clarification.

Pets are not permitted in tents and pop-up campers.

I did some reading on disboards a month ago and contacted tee time golf cart rental for prices. Is there any other offsite golf cart rental places that ya'll would recommend?

I am sorry! I should have been more clear. It is a 34 ft bumper pull. It only has one slide.

Our 2017 trip, they were in a preferred loop but it was tight. This time, I thought they might enjoy a premium site! My dad is not getting any younger and backing into tight spots is not fun. After I saw the prices I started thinking that maybe a full site would be a consideration. I was wondering if maybe the pad was smaller than a premium but still big enough and the space was larger than a preferred site!

Thank you!!

Check out the Post a Picture of your Campsite thread, you will find lots of photos of full hook ups which will give you an idea of what each of those loops has to offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter