Concierge Requests - Specifically Questions Regarding Dining

Cirlonde

Mouseketeer
Our 125 day mark is coming up this weekend and I'm trying to mentally organize what requests I want to make. It's our first cruise, 3 nights in the Bahamas on the Dream, and I'm worried I'll leave off something important! :)

Specific questions I have for you guys are:
1. Are there any preferred tables/areas I should request at Royal Palace?
It's just my husband and I, so I'm planning to request the "teacup tables" in Enchanted Garden (is that what they're officially called??). But I'm not sure if I should request anything for Royal Palace.​
2. What is the best way to go about asking for a specific dining rotation?
We'd like to have Animator's Palace fall on our last night which is supposed to be our Castaway Cay day. I don't particularly care which nights the other two restaurants are on, but if it is better to request a specific order for the whole cruise, I can do that instead.​
3. Do I need to provide my passport info in this concierge email or only via the online check-in on the website?

I also want to request cabana #4 (previously #25) on Serenity Beach, and ask if they can possibly stock our fridge with Dr Pepper. And I want to confirm that we'll have a table to ourselves each night, although I have read concierge generally always get their own tables.

We aren't planning to book any excursions, or other "extra cost" items like the spa or wine tastings. We decided to budget for the concierge upgrade instead. ;)

I'm definitely open to any other suggestions for things I might want to ask about! Thanks in advance!

If it is easier you can wait and request the dining rotation, private table, preferred tables in your email, but you do not have to wait. Dining requests like those can be made at any time.

2. What is the best way to go about asking for a specific dining rotation?
When I talked to them I asked for animators palate to be on a specific night and they were able to do it. I think that's easier than requesting a rotation since that's what's most important to you.

3. Do I need to provide my passport info in this concierge email or only via the online check-in on the website?
No, you just need to provided that on the website.

and ask if they can possibly stock our fridge with Dr Pepper.
Mention to them and they'll have it in your fridge. I told them what I didn't want and what I'd rather have and they were very accommodating

One thing you didn't mention but I really liked was the pillow menu. They have all these different types of pillows you can ask for, like for allergies or memory foam. We had the ones that always stay cold and loved them.

Are there any preferred tables/areas I should request at Royal Palace?
It's just my husband and I, so I'm planning to request the "teacup tables" in Enchanted Garden (is that what they're officially called??). But I'm not sure if I should request anything for Royal Palace.

If you request the "teacup" tables at EG, they will give you the same table number for the other two MDRs. You'll likely get a teacup table; we haven't been turned down yet. You should get a private table at the other two MDRs, but it won't hurt to make a private table request too.

Last edited:

If it is easier you can wait and request the dining rotation, private table, preferred tables in your email, but you do not have to wait. Dining requests like those can be made at any time.

Oh that's good to know! Thanks!

One thing you didn't mention but I really liked was the pillow menu. They have all these different types of pillows you can ask for, like for allergies or memory foam. We had the ones that always stay cold and loved them.

This is a great suggestion! I think I remember reading about the pillow menu, but I didn't know it was something I could ask about in advance. My husband would absolutely LOVE a pillow that stays cold.

I feel a little silly to ask about them stocking Dr Pepper when I know I could easily bring some myself or just do without since it's such a short cruise...but on the other hand, I figured it couldn't hurt to at least ask. If they can't accommodate it, it won't be the end of the world.

If you request the "teacup" tables at EG, they will give you the same table number for the other two MDRs. You'll likely get a teacup table; we haven't been turned down yet. You should get a private table at the other two MDRs, but it won't hurt to make a private table request too.

That makes sense, about getting the same table numbers across MDRs. I wasn't even thinking about the tea cup tables until I read the recent thread on here about whether people liked or disliked them...and it sounded like something we would definitely enjoy!

This is a great suggestion! I think I remember reading about the pillow menu, but I didn't know it was something I could ask about in advance. My husband would absolutely LOVE a pillow that stays cold.

I feel a little silly to ask about them stocking Dr Pepper when I know I could easily bring some myself or just do without since it's such a short cruise...but on the other hand, I figured it couldn't hurt to at least ask. If they can't accommodate it, it won't be the end of the world.
Definitely ask for the cold pillow, I forget the official name, but they'll know what you're talking about. It really did stay cool the entire night. And don't feel silly about asking for Dr. Pepper. I wasn't sure if they could do orange soda since it's not a super popular drink and they had no issue. They restock what you drink every day too.

One thing..they may not be able to do Dr. Pepper because it is a pepsi product and the boat carries coke products. I believe they have gotten around this before but I would def. ask. Doesn't hurt to try.

One thing..they may not be able to do Dr. Pepper because it is a pepsi product and the boat carries coke products. I believe they have gotten around this before but I would def. ask. Doesn't hurt to try.

Yeah, the Dr Pepper is definitely not a deal breaker! :) I figure it's a long shot because of Disney's contract with Coca Cola and I'm sure I can survive a few days without my addiction, haha!

You can bring your own Dr Pepper onboard. You just have to carry it on, not in your checked luggage, when you board the ship.

You can bring your own Dr Pepper onboard. You just have to carry it on, not in your checked luggage, when you board the ship.
But if concierge can provide Dr Pepper, let them do it. No extra cost to you, plus you don't have to haul it onboard. We have only stayed in concierge once (for my wife's 60th) and request Barq's Root Beer for my son.

Yep we were told they won’t be able to provide non-coke products in our fridge (we have a one bedroom concierge scheduled for this May) so instead of Dr Pepper my friend didn’t mind Mr Pibb being stocked

But if concierge can provide Dr Pepper, let them do it. No extra cost to you, plus you don't have to haul it onboard. We have only stayed in concierge once (for my wife's 60th) and request Barq's Root Beer for my son.

They cannot offer non-Coke products anymore (due to contracts). Barq's Root Beer is a Coke product. Dr Pepper is not. If you want Dr Pepper, you will need to bring it with you.

Thanks for all of the replies! I did consider bringing some on board myself in my carry on, but for only 3 days I decided it would be more trouble than it is really worth. And my thoughts were going along these same lines too:
But if concierge can provide Dr Pepper, let them do it. No extra cost to you, plus you don't have to haul it onboard.

With all of the food available, I'll be better off drinking water anyway! More room for other tasty stuff. :)

They cannot offer non-Coke products anymore (due to contracts). Barq's Root Beer is a Coke product. Dr Pepper is not. If you want Dr Pepper, you will need to bring it with you.
Apparently, Dr Pepper is sometimes distributed by Coke, and other times Pepsi. So it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"While Dr. Pepper is distributed by Coke and Pepsi in the US, Dr Pepper is made by their competitor Dr. Pepper Snapple Group in the US."
"Depends on where you are. In Grand Rapids, MN, its a Coke product, in Duluth, MN its distributed by 7up, in Rhinelander, WI, its a Pepsi product."

Apparently, Dr Pepper is sometimes distributed by Coke, and other times Pepsi. So it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"While Dr. Pepper is distributed by Coke and Pepsi in the US, Dr Pepper is made by their competitor Dr. Pepper Snapple Group in the US."
"Depends on where you are. In Grand Rapids, MN, its a Coke product, in Duluth, MN its distributed by 7up, in Rhinelander, WI, its a Pepsi product."

Here, in Waco, TX where it was created, DR Pepper is its own company. It may be distributed by Pepsi or Coke in other parts of the country, but it is not a Coke product.

Here, in Waco, TX where it was created, DR Pepper is its own company. It may be distributed by Pepsi or Coke in other parts of the country, but it is not a Coke product.
I agree that Dr Pepper is its own company. But since it might be distributed by Coke, its possible that that contract DCL has would allow it. I just don't know the answer, so I would probably request it from shoreside concierge, and if the answer is that they cannot, then go ahead and bring on you own if that is what you want to drink.

I agree that Dr Pepper is its own company. But since it might be distributed by Coke, its possible that that contract DCL has would allow it. I just don't know the answer, so I would probably request it from shoreside concierge, and if the answer is that they cannot, then go ahead and bring on you own if that is what you want to drink.

We requested Dr. Pepper for our fridge in our concierge cabin just a few days ago for our May 2018 sailing and were told they could not provide it since it is not a distributed coke product.

We requested Dr. Pepper for our fridge in our concierge cabin just a few days ago for our May 2018 sailing and were told they could not provide it since it is not a distributed coke product.

Well, that's pretty conclusive! :) I'm really glad to know this before I send my requests in!

I live in Oklahoma and work at a college that has a contract with Coca Cola. When I first started my job, you couldn't get Dr Pepper on campus. Then about five years ago, apparently Coca Cola bought the distribution rights for Dr Pepper products in Oklahoma and so it started appearing in our vending machines. Availability and distribution can definitely vary from state to state!

I live in Oklahoma and work at a college that has a contract with Coca Cola. When I first started my job, you couldn't get Dr Pepper on campus. Then about five years ago, apparently Coca Cola bought the distribution rights for Dr Pepper products in Oklahoma and so it started appearing in our vending machines. Availability and distribution can definitely vary from state to state!

Yep and I forgot to put that caveat in my last post that it could vary from state to state and maybe company to company

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter