Concealed permit

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl2:

Even if Disney used the brand spanking new micro wave based firearm detection system it would just lead to them informing you of the policy then Kevin here would just kindly tell them to beat it.

Anyway I think OP got their answer.

You would wonder how Disney knew your were carrying and then informed of the rules.

You would wonder how Disney knew your were carrying and then informed of the rules.
Plenty of people carry on Disney property (outside the parks) without ever being asked about it both as private citizens and Leo's ..so I guess If your made up tech is in use it's not very effective.

Again, the law and WDW policy are two different things.
If WDW catches a person carrying in accordance with state law on their private property, they cannot prosecute but are within their rights to invite you to store the weapon in accordance with their private property policy or to leave the premises altogether for whatever period of time they wish to uphold. It is a clear policy and has nothing to do with disrespecting LEO.

Again, the law and WDW policy are two different things.
If WDW catches a person carrying in accordance with state law on their private property, they cannot prosecute but are within their rights to invite you to store the weapon in accordance with their private property policy or to leave the premises altogether for whatever period of time they wish to uphold. It is a clear policy and has nothing to do with disrespecting LEO.
It only applies to non-LEO CC permit holders. I know, I have done it many times. I really don't know why you are trying to argue with me. I am respecting your opinion, even if it is wrong. If I travel with my gun, which I often do, I contact whom I need to contact. I have carried on two Naval bases, and 1 Army base. Each time I contacted those in charge.

Florida has a reciprocity agreement with LEO's from out of state.

One of us almost always carries if we are going to a public gathering place where people won't be searched or there are not metal detectors to enforce a no-gun policy (church, movie theater, etc.) regardless of private property policy. Some may disagree, but I would rather take my chances of being asked to vacate the premises to feel safe.

To make yourself feel safe, you make people like me feel unsafe. Remember that to me, you are an armed stranger in a crowd where no one was searched. You are the scary one, to me.

So I can understand those who drive down wanting to have their CC on them for protection while traveling.

You’re not bringing a CC. You're bringing a gun and a permit. No need to be coy.

As a Canadian this is a scary thread. The thought of so many carrying guns on their person, to think I’m sitting at Starbucks and most of the people in there are armed is scary. Or at my hotel, or anywhere. It’s just something we’re not used to. Very unsettling.

It is not as bad as it can seem. My DH has his permit, has handled friearms all of his life, and while he never would travel with any firearm, he is vevy much the norm when we are discussing people in the US and their firearms protocol. I have to wonder if during your travels you were ever accosted by an armed "neighbor" at any restaurant, coffee shop, or gathering spot. Folks who are trying to be proactive in regards to stroring their firearms are nto teh people who any one of us need to be concerned about, and I bet you a buck that the Disney security wouldspot the others, as we have seen happend with the Orlando shooter.

As a Canadian this is a scary thread. The thought of so many carrying guns on their person, to think I’m sitting at Starbucks and most of the people in there are armed is scary. Or at my hotel, or anywhere. It’s just something we’re not used to. Very unsettling.

As an American this is a scary thread. I had no idea so many people were carrying guns into public spaces. I didn't think "regular", (aka non police or military) were allowed to shoot guns in public, so I'm not sure I understand the reason for it, since you wouldn't be allowed to use it anyway?

We all have superiors and rules. No one is above the law

HR 218, a 2004 Bill signed by then President George Bush, and S1132, signed by President Barack Obama, allows current and retired LEO's to carry in all 50 states, and does not supersede State or Local laws. Florida law has a similar reciprocity agreement. While WDW has rules against carrying, the law allows LEOs to carry. And once again, I would never put a CM in that position, but if I pushed it, WDW could not stop me.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/108th-congress/house-bill/218

https://www.congress.gov/bill/111th-congress/senate-bill/1132

As an American this is a scary thread. I had no idea so many people were carrying guns into public spaces. I didn't think "regular", (aka non police or military) were allowed to shoot guns in public, so I'm not sure I understand the reason for it, since you wouldn't be allowed to use it anyway?

In my state, a gun may be used in public in the case of imminent danger or in defense of self or others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter