Concealed permit

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting question. We fly in, so I had never thought of it.
My husband and I own one firearm, and we both have CC permits. We are in PA. We are both trained, and my husband is retired military.

One of us almost always carries if we are going to a public gathering place where people won't be searched or there are not metal detectors to enforce a no-gun policy (church, movie theater, etc.) regardless of private property policy. Some may disagree, but I would rather take my chances of being asked to vacate the premises to feel safe. So I can understand those who drive down wanting to have their CC on them for protection while traveling.

That said, one thing I haven't seen brought up is whether or not those who do so are licensed in each state they pass through. For example, I have family in OH and travel there frequently. I know that my PA CC permit does not apply in OH, so I never carry when I travel there. Some states do recognize other states' permits, but other than PA and OH, I am not familiar with them. For those driving to WDW crossing multiple state lines, that brings up the question, do those owners know if their permits are valid per those states' laws as well?

ETA: Just checked, and it looks like the law may have changed recently regarding PA-OH, so I will need to do more research on that. I would be happy if that changed!

Anyone leaving a gun in an in-room safe is in violation of WDW policy.
You can argue all you want about where the gun is safest. But that fact remains.
Remember that it is against disboards policy to discuss how to circumvent WDW policy.
Off duty LEO's are allowed to have guns in their room safe. It is not against the law. As long as I notify the jurisdiction in charge of WDW that I have my weapon with me, I am fine. I cannot bring my gun to the parks as it is a WDW rule, but it is not against the law.

That's an interesting question. We fly in, so I had never thought of it.
My husband and I own one firearm, and we both have CC permits. We are in PA. We are both trained, and my husband is retired military.

One of us almost always carries if we are going to a public gathering place where people won't be searched or there are not metal detectors to enforce a no-gun policy (church, movie theater, etc.) regardless of private property policy. Some may disagree, but I would rather take my chances of being asked to vacate the premises to feel safe. So I can understand those who drive down wanting to have their CC on them for protection while traveling.

That said, one thing I haven't seen brought up is whether or not those who do so are licensed in each state they pass through. For example, I have family in OH and travel there frequently. I know that my PA CC permit does not apply in OH, so I never carry when I travel there. Some states do recognize other states' permits, but other than PA and OH, I am not familiar with them. For those driving to WDW crossing multiple state lines, that brings up the question, do those owners know if their permits are valid per those states' laws as well?
Actually, OH has a reciprocal agreement with PA. You can carry in OH.

Actually, OH has a reciprocal agreement with PA. You can carry in OH.
Yup, I just checked and either I was misinformed previously or it was changed since I first got my license. I rarely travel in a car across state lines, so I haven't checked in a long time. Thanks :)

As a Canadian this is a scary thread. The thought of so many carrying guns on their person, to think I’m sitting at Starbucks and most of the people in there are armed is scary. Or at my hotel, or anywhere. It’s just something we’re not used to. Very unsettling.

I live in the US and I never think about it. I do not carry (or own) a firearm, but I’d drive myself nuts thinking about what others are doing all of the time.

Besides, 99.9% of people who CC are doing so for protection, not to harm others.

Off duty LEO's are allowed to have guns in their room safe. It is not against the law. As long as I notify the jurisdiction in charge of WDW that I have my weapon with me, I am fine. I cannot bring my gun to the parks as it is a WDW rule, but it is not against the law.

Where did I ever say anything about the law? I am discussing WDW policy which is what this thread is about.

I always thought that off duty officers and agents were required to have them so I always figured they were there. This is interesting. I never knew that Disney didn't allow it. I always figured they just had to identify themselves.

I always thought that off duty officers and agents were required to have them so I always figured they were there. This is interesting. I never knew that Disney didn't allow it. I always figured they just had to identify themselves.
We are, but WDW does offer LEO outside the gates. While I disagree with WDW policy regarding LEO's, I respect their right to ask me to leave, no matter how ill-informed I think it is.

WDW is in charge of WDW. You’ll be contacting Reedy Creek. I wouldn’t carry a weapon on property, body image IR cameras might reveal it.

WDW is in charge of WDW. You’ll be contacting Reedy Creek. I wouldn’t carry a weapon on property, body image IR cameras might reveal it.
WDW has no police department. I have contacted OCSO every time. Orange County Sheriff's Office has jurisdiction on WDW property. I know, I have made the call dozens of times. And I don't carry on WDW property. Even if camera caught it, I am exempted by Florida law.

:rotfl2:

Even if Disney used the brand spanking new micro wave based firearm detection system it would just lead to them informing you of the policy then Kevin here would just kindly tell them to beat it.

Anyway I think OP got their answer.

WDW has no police department. I have contacted OCSO every time. Orange County Sheriff's Office has jurisdiction on WDW property. I know, I have made the call dozens of times. And I don't carry on WDW property. Even if camera caught it, I am exempted by Florida law.

Reedy creek contracts Orange County police . Look it up.

Reedy creek contracts Orange County police . Look it up.
I am not going to argue with you. I call OCSO every time I go to Disney. Reedy Creek outsources their law enforcement to OCSO. Reedy Creek does however have a fulltime fire department. If you don't believe me, fine. But I know who I have to contact and do so accordingly. OCSO provides service for the Reedy Creek Improvement District.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!