Concealed permit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is like the old American Express commercial...."Don't leave home without it". I wouldn't dream of attempting to bring it into a park, but since we drive to Disney, it's always in the vehicle.

Gotta say, I wouldn't want to leave a weapon in a vehicle in any large parking area. It's much easier to get into a vehicle than a safe or what have you. I would hope that a no-gun policy applies to all areas of the property aside from room safes and not just on your person. If it were up to me (it's not!) they wouldn't be anywhere on the property at all but seeing as people can't leave home without them, a safe place to store them is ideal.

We had two with us when we drove down in 2012. It wasn’t so much that we wanted them with us at Disney as we wanted them with us on the two day drive there. We locked them in the room safe when we got there as we were afraid they might be stolen from our car while it sat in the parking lot all week. We had no issues, but we certainly didn’t advertise having them or take them out during our stay.

Disney security actually warned the FBI about the Orlando shooter twice in the months prior to his attack. Not exactly Barney Fife you're talking about. Disney security are very professional, not to be confused with Walmart security.

I deal with Disney security daily as a CM. I don’t want to malign the whole role, as I’m sure some individuals within it are very professional and take their job quite seriously, but there are a huge number of them I wouldn’t trust with pepper spray, much less a gun. YMMV.

Gotta say, I wouldn't want to leave a weapon in a vehicle in any large parking area. It's much easier to get into a vehicle than a safe or what have you. I would hope that a no-gun policy applies to all areas of the property aside from room safes and not just on your person. If it were up to me (it's not!) they wouldn't be anywhere on the property at all but seeing as people can't leave home without them, a safe place to store them is ideal.

Storing a gun in a car is right up there with the dumbest ideas ever.

But other than in locked security container beyond the front desk or locked with security inside the parks, it is the only place permitted for personal gun storage at WDW. An in-room safe is not among the places for approved gun storage.

It is not illegal to have your gun, provided you own it legally, and Disney cannot press charges. However, being private property, they can have a person removed for breaking the no-gun policy if the gun is not stored in the vehicle or presented to them for storage and they find it.

Shades of Green has a much more explicit weapons policy that I wish WDW would adopt.

The idiot who left his gun on a ride a few years ago when it fell out of his pocket, and who stated he wasn't aware of the policy...this is not the kind of person you want toting a gun around.

I deal with Disney security daily as a CM. I don’t want to malign the whole role, as I’m sure some individuals within it are very professional and take their job quite seriously, but there are a huge number of them I wouldn’t trust with pepper spray, much less a gun. YMMV.

What a great idea to put that out here on a public forum. You may as well just send an engraved invitation to all the psychos wanting to go out with a bang. SMH

My dear friend is married to a senior FBI agent, and our families traveled together to Disney a couple of years ago. By federal law, our friend is required to fly with his weapon as he is the defacto air marshal on every flight he is on. However, once he is on Disney resort property, he was required, again by law, to turn it into security to be stored in a particular safe on resort property. I would say that he, more than anyone, would be following the letter of the law.

This came up on our local news recently, so it’s definitely no secret...

I take my gun everywhere with me. Especially on a 1000 mile drive like I do to Disney. With that said I never would take it in the parks and I’m highly trained. I never leave it in the vehicle either. I lock it in the safe until we leave with our other valuables.

When I said "it's always in the vehicle", I wasn't being literal. I simply meant that if we're travelling by automobile, I have my CC with me. Even if it were in either of my vehicles in a parking lot, though...it wouldn't be easy to get.

My dear friend is married to a senior FBI agent, and our families traveled together to Disney a couple of years ago. By federal law, our friend is required to fly with his weapon as he is the defacto air marshal on every flight he is on. However, once he is on Disney resort property, he was required, again by law, to turn it into security to be stored in a particular safe on resort property. I would say that he, more than anyone, would be following the letter of the law.

I agree with locking it up once on property, but I will do it myself. I would never give a stranger my firearm. Not happening.

I agree with locking it up once on property, but I will do it myself. I would never give a stranger my firearm. Not happening.

I think he had to register that he had his firearm with security, and then he was issued a particular safe which he kept in the room (not the one in the closet). I don't think he traveled with the safe. My point is that he follows protocol, and that if ever anything happened and someone carrying a firearm was discovered to have not followed Disney's particular protocol (since it's private property), there could be charges filed, etc. Not likely to happen, of course, but no one ever expects to have to use it or have someone find it who shouldn't or have it discovered in their hotel room or car, etc.

Also, it goes without saying the if Disney does have a no gun policy, it could be that my friend was granted this as a courtesy since he is a federal agent and that we joe schmoes are not allowed to have it anywhere, in a safe, in the car, etc. Don't know.

Last edited:
I should not have read this thread.

You live in a country where people maintain the right to possess and carry firearms. Given the fact that our sensationalized, 24-hour news cycle continually paints the climate as a pointedly dangerous one rife with homicidal lunatics, it should really come as no surprise that many feel compelled to bring theirs to Disney with them.

I feel like people who make the decision to go should respect the policies Disney has set, which involves a certain amount of trust in Disney's commitment to provide a secure environment. Some might may suggest that this is misplaced trust, and I would agree that it's a subjective judgement. The sentiment I share with you however, is that people should be able to expect that everyone abide the restrictions in place. The last things I'd like to see are bag searches and metal detectors at the resorts.

I call OCSO since I am an LEO, advise them that I am staying on property, and give them my credentials from my department e-mail account. I leave my weapon in my safe in the room. If I leave WDW property, I have it with me.

Anyone leaving a gun in an in-room safe is in violation of WDW policy.
You can argue all you want about where the gun is safest. But that fact remains.
Remember that it is against disboards policy to discuss how to circumvent WDW policy.

Anyone leaving a gun in an in-room safe is in violation of WDW policy.
You can argue all you want about where the gun is safest. But that fact remains.
Remember that it is against disboards policy to discuss how to circumvent WDW policy.

Although I share your position ultimately, let's not start putting words in peoples' mouths or taking things out of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts