Concealed permit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promomx2

DIS Veteran
I'm not wanting to start a major debate but I just need to know the rule for having a concealed permitted weapon in a resort. Is it allowed? I know they are a no-no in the parks but not sure as to the resort room.

Disney does claim that they are exempt from the bring your gun to work law since they have fireworks on property. An employee sued for being fired for having his weapon in his car, but later dropped the case due to financial reasons so their never has been an official outcome.

Disney says to keep it in the car, it is lawful for you to carry on if you wish, however if discovered (not sure how) you'll be asked to store it in the car..I have heard of being offered front desk safe storage as well but I have no personal experience with that at WDW..I did over hear it offered to someone at DLR

I would hope not. Can you imagine the chaos if a bunch of people with concealed carry weapons took matters into their own hands in Disney-sized crowds? Yikes.

Is this not something that the new security room checks are looking for?

They're not doing actual TSA-style checks in the rooms where they actually rifle through everyone's stuff. They just have the right to open the door and do more checking if needed. The staff has the right to check that everything is okay in the room even if you have a sign hanging. Chances are, the policy is no different than at many major hotels, where it's not made as clear.

Someone post if they have actual knowledge that's different.

We are 2A, pro-gun, pro-self-defense, pro- all of that stuff. That said, we do not bring firearms to Disney, in recognition of current security efforts and the subsequent policies. Hell, I even leave my pocket knife home, which I otherwise carry every day.

Mine is like the old American Express commercial...."Don't leave home without it". I wouldn't dream of attempting to bring it into a park, but since we drive to Disney, it's always in the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter