• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Computer in major need of pixie dust

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
My DD's computer that she uses to "talk" for her is not working. We have figured out that it apparently has some majorly corrupted files that won't let the operating system completely load.
This is kind of strange, but I'm asking for some pixie dust to help the technician fix it. It's a very important computer to her and there are lots of communication pages that I am worried about loosing if they have to completley start reload all the software.

Nothing strange about asking at all!

Tons of pixie dust....and prayers, too!:wizard:

Sending loads of PD:wizard: I really hope the technician can fix it without loosing anything.:wave2:

Thanks. I'll let you know how it works out. The technician didn't think he would have it fixed until Monday or Tues. The more PD and prayers, the better.

My daughter adds her prayers. Please do let us know!

prayers, good thoughts...on their way!!:D

My turn to send Major Pixie Dust and healing prayers for your Dd's computer!!!!

Been thinking of your daughter and her computer Sue. Any news?

Well, I got the computer back on Wednesday evening, but didn't have time to get totally into working order until today.
Your pixie dust worked to save her communication files (thanks to everyone for that). Those were the important ones that I could not replace without a lot of work. The computer needed a new hard drive though and (of course), that meant reloading all the software and then reconfiguring the desktop to the way she needs it. It will be ready to go back to school with her tomorrow and should be back to normal and stay that way (more pixie dust please).

Glad our PD Worked
Moe PD on it's way
:wizard:
Is there a way that you can backup her comunications software in case her computers acts up again.

I have the pages backed up, but like my other DD says, when they're on a computer backup disk, you just have to have faith that they are really in there since the disk looks the same whether they are there in working order or not.
For the program, I've got the original installation CD, so that part isn't a problem.
I had a major problem this morning when I went to add some additional info to her messages for school. It said a file was not available and crashed the compute. I just feel like throwing it out the window about now. :earseek:

Hoping today is better! Still sending prayers and pixie dust. I know how you feel about throwing the puter out the window! Been there...wanted to do that!

Michelle

Lots of prayers and pixie dust from us!!!:wizard: Josh and I are praying!!! Please keep up posted!

Thanks for the prayers and pixie dust.
The computer guy worked on it again yesterday and it seems to be running properly. We had 2 differnt problems. One was with the software program that runs her communication pages (Dynavox). It was having some "issues" with Windows. It worked OK with her as an Administrator under Windows, but as soon as I made her a user, it could not find some files it needed. The Dynavox helpline people suggested just keeping her as an administrator - like I was going to do that and let her mess up the computer again! So, we had to get rid of the conflict between Windows and Dynavox.
The other problem was with the Touchscreen program that makes her laptop screen a touch sensitive device. It worked OK on the Windows desktop, but when you were using the communication software, it inconsistently caused crashes. It seems to be working now, but we didn't send the computer to school this morning. We'll try it out over Christmas break and makes sure it's working correctly. Another bad point is that I bought her some computer games for Christmas, but now I'm afraid to install them.
I hate WINDOWS. My nice, obedient Apple computers don't cause any problems and when they do, I can fix them myself.

sending more computer healing pixie dust so xmas games work!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter