Compromise is a Disney word: Taking one for the team over Thanksgiving 2016* August PTR link! 5/28

I saw you wearing it in your pictures and you look adorable :goodvibes I actually wore mine yesterday on our last day. It would've been kind of neat if we both had it on when we met on Friday, except that you look so much cuter in it I would have felt super old lol!

We could have matched! :) I'm sure you looked just as cute!

I know I said it already but I am just so happy that Steve and I got to meet you and Nathan :hug: You guys are so adorable together and I cannot wait to keep reading about your wedding plans.

We were so glad to meet you and Steve! It was absolutely a highlight for us. We're sorry we won't get a chance to meet your boys this summer, but I'm really glad it worked out for us this time. Even Nathan, who was a little unsure for his first time about how this whole Dismeet thing would go down, was really happy to meet you! I can't wait to get to that part of the trip report to share our pictures...none of which came out very well... :P

Just started lookin at your report. You made the comment early on in the thread that you wanted to make your pictures smaller. Please don't! They are the perfect size.

Even Nathan, who was a little unsure for his first time about how this whole Dismeet thing would go down, was really happy to meet you!
:laughing: The first time I planned a Dismeet, Steve thought I was nuts. He didn't even come with me to meet the person! So the first time he actually did meet someone from the Dis with me he was still a little skeptical, but Kari @kastoney and her family decided to act somewhat normal that day so he's ok with meet ups now :rotfl2:

I can't wait to get to that part of the trip report to share our pictures...none of which came out very well... :P
You look like a bubbly teenager in all our pictures :rotfl:

Just started lookin at your report. You made the comment early on in the thread that you wanted to make your pictures smaller. Please don't! They are the perfect size.
Well even though it's at the end, :welcome: I'm glad you've started reading! And your wish is my command, especially since I never bothered to figure out how to make them smaller :D

Really late to the game…again!

Thanks for sharing your awesome TR with us! :worship:

As a TA and most especially as a complete, 100% certified Disney lover, I couldn't help but compare almost everything with Disney.

It's impossible NOT to, but in my opinion, there's really NO comparison. UO is nice, but WDW has my heart :love:

I often wonder when I hear people complain that they can't pool hop at Disney why they'd want to take that much time just to swim in a different pool.

Let me just say, as someone who stays in the monorail resorts, I am SOOOOO glad Disney doesn't allow this. I could just see EVERYONE wanting to take a midday break from the MK heading to one of the pools on the monorail in the afternoon. All they'd have to do is throw their suits in their day bag and take a quick jaunt over on the monorail, or walk to the CR for some pool time. That would be insane :crazy2:

With the exception of Harry Potter, Disney's attractions are themed much better,

Agree, 1,000,000%

because simply walking around CityWalk more than 1 night, to me, is boring.

We didn't like CityWalk much at all. Aside from dinner, I don't know why anyone would want to hang out there :confused3

Am I being a little obvious here as to where my heart lies :love:
Having said all that, if you've never visited Universal it's worth checking out if you're at all curious, if only to get it out of your system and see some of the competition. And to see the Wizarding World of HP

It is worth seeing and the kids really like the big coasters, which is why we are heading back for a couple days next April. Well, that AND to see the new VB.

Let me just say, as someone who stays in the monorail resorts, I am SOOOOO glad Disney doesn't allow this. I could just see EVERYONE wanting to take a midday break from the MK heading to one of the pools on the monorail in the afternoon. All they'd have to do is throw their suits in their day bag and take a quick jaunt over on the monorail, or walk to the CR for some pool time. That would be insane :crazy2:

I agree! Every once in awhile you read a post from someone asking if they can leave MK mid-day and use one of the monorail resort pools. Of course they are told 100x NO, but like you say that would be the most common pool-hop if it were allowed. As well as Stormalong Bay being swarmed with people constantly. Universal doesn't have the same amount of guests as Disney so I'm sure none of their pools get overcrowded even with pool-hopping, but no way could or should Disney do this!

We didn't like CityWalk much at all. Aside from dinner, I don't know why anyone would want to hang out there :confused3
The only other thing I can see people hanging out there for, besides waiting to eat, is to do some drinking, so younger people or older folks like me on adults only trips. But even so, there just isn't as much to see as in DS. When Steve and I were in DS last weekend there was so much entertainment going on now, so even when we finished shopping we kept stopping on the way to the bus to watch.

It is worth seeing and the kids really like the big coasters, which is why we are heading back for a couple days next April. Well, that AND to see the new VB.
Again, I agree. For thrill rides it's worth going, which is why Ricky likes it. But we don't need more than say, 1.5 or 2 days and I don't feel the need to re-ride as many rides there as I do in Disney. VB does look amazing! I read a review from a fellow TA who went Friday...........some good, some not so perfect, but just like new things at Disney I think they need a bit of time to work out kinks. I'm looking forward to reading more reviews!

Wanted to comment to let you know I read through your report since I've been toying with the idea of heading to the World for Thanksgiving (well not this year, but next year). We've done Disneyland at Thanksgiving, so figured we might as well experience it on both coasts :) Thanks for a great report!

Wanted to comment to let you know I read through your report since I've been toying with the idea of heading to the World for Thanksgiving (well not this year, but next year). We've done Disneyland at Thanksgiving, so figured we might as well experience it on both coasts :) Thanks for a great report!

Hi there! Thanks for reading the whole thing, that was quite an undertaking lol! We LOVE going at Thanksgiving so much, I hope you decide to go next year. In fact we love it so much that we're really disappointed we can't go this year, especially Steve believe it or not. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love watching Ricky play basketball and I resigned myself awhile ago to the fact that we have to work around that schedule for the next few years. But I've book clients going this year over Thanksgiving and whenever it comes up I get a little :(
I need to get out to DL soon! I want the boys to experience it while they still take family vacations with us :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!