Compression Socks question

baxter24

DIS Veteran
I was given a pair of full length compression socks as a Christmas gift. I went to a local running store and got measured. I have run with them twice and experienced some major burning in my shins. I took them off and switched out a regular pair of running socks a mile into my run today and was fine for the rest of the run. Not trying to sound stupid but do they need to be worn in like a new pair of running shoes or am I just going to have to go back to running in my regular socks and use the compression ones for recovery?

I also just do compression as recovery after running. I stopped wearing them after shorter runs and normally just use them if I have to go to work and stand for 8 hours. I've never actually run with them on.

It takes some getting used to. I typically only run in compression sleeves and only on the really cold winter days. I find I get less sore when running on the frozen ground in them. I use the socks for recovery. I've heard they're also great for flying.

Oh wow, I've never heard about the burning - I did have a set that felt tight (which is important for compression" but not THAT uncomfortable. I would keep them for recovery only or try another brand as I don't think burning sounds right...

I have never experienced burning like that. I always where compression socks when running because it helps with my shin splint problems. Maybe they are too tight? Restricting blood flow to your leg?

If you've been just recently introduced to compression stockings, you need to give it time as there is an adjustment period that comes along with it. If they're restricting blood flow to your legs, there needs to and adjustment as they need to be lose at the top and tighter downwards. May I ask for what you're using them? Are you recovering from any kind of procedure such as EVLT?
Because I used compression stockings to aid my recovery under the doctors advisement and found it to be extremely helpful.
If you are, I could help with any questions that you might have regarding the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter