"Complimentary Disney Vacation"--questions

Machta

Mouseketeer
Good afternoon! I've been a reader of this forum for a long time, and I finally decided to register. We stayed at the BCV over the holidays and were very impressed. We're considering becoming DVC members. I have a question about the incentives they're offering right now to purchase directly from Disney. When I called, one of the things I asked about was the "Complimentary Disney Vacation" offered. I never did get a direct answer as to exactly what it covered. It almost sounded like it was negotiable! Has anyone bought from Disney and received this incentive? Is it a stay with Disney only, or are meals, airfare, etc. included? Any information would be greatly appreciated . . .

Thanks in advance!

I just purchsed a DVC last month. I purchsed at Saratoga Springs. They gave me a choice of options to pick from-1) I could either get 150 points to be used now (in essence, an extra years points allotment) or 2)if I didn't go until 3/31 or after (since phase 2 isn't completed yet) I could get $1500 off of the cost of purchasing. There is no airfare or anything like that included, just the extra 150 points.
Hope this helped answer your question.
Good luck! :flower1:

I believe the complimentary vacation is developers points that can be used anywhere except SSR. They have to be used by a certain date. The number of points is equal to the number of points you bought. It just includes the room.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that part. I didn't think it was to be used anywhere other than SSR, I assumed it was to be used at SSR.

That's the way I thought it was setup for the complimentary vacation deal. If you were offered 150 regular 2004 points it would be different, they would be SSR points. You would have to pay dues on them though.

athenna said:
I just purchsed a DVC last month. I purchsed at Saratoga Springs. They gave me a choice of options to pick from-1) I could either get 150 points to be used now (in essence, an extra years points allotment) or 2)if I didn't go until 3/31 or after (since phase 2 isn't completed yet) I could get $1500 off of the cost of purchasing. There is no airfare or anything like that included, just the extra 150 points.
Hope this helped answer your question.
Good luck! :flower1:
I'm ready to get on the phone now and purchase at SSR too. I just have one question...How much per point? Was it $95 or $85 plus the option?
Thanks a bunch! I just can't wait anymore, I need to purchase today!

Alexander said:
I'm ready to get on the phone now and purchase at SSR too. I just have one question...How much per point? Was it $95 or $85 plus the option?
Thanks a bunch! I just can't wait anymore, I need to purchase today!

The cost is $95 if you take the Developer's Points (which must be used by 9/30/05) or $85 if you decline the Developer's Points.

Good luck, Alexander and keep us posted! :D

Machta said:
Good afternoon! I've been a reader of this forum for a long time, and I finally decided to register. We stayed at the BCV over the holidays and were very impressed. We're considering becoming DVC members. I have a question about the incentives they're offering right now to purchase directly from Disney. When I called, one of the things I asked about was the "Complimentary Disney Vacation" offered. I never did get a direct answer as to exactly what it covered. It almost sounded like it was negotiable! Has anyone bought from Disney and received this incentive? Is it a stay with Disney only, or are meals, airfare, etc. included? Any information would be greatly appreciated . . .

Thanks in advance!

Years ago, they offered to reimburse you for your current room costs if bought during a cash stay and apply it to your DVC purchase. Probably around 98 or 97 when i first started looking at it.

athenna said:
Good luck, Alexander and keep us posted! :D
Thanks! I called. "The packet" is in the mail! You know this happened today because it is 21 below with the windchill and schools are closed (I'm a teacher) and I'm freezing and want another "home" where it doesn't get this cold!

Oh, I hear ya, Alexander, it is 5 degrees today.
I am in Boston. BRRRRR!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter