COMPLETED! Tipsy Ducks in Love: A Honeymoon Trip Report/First Time Trip - January 2019 - Completed 7/3!

At this point, we took the chance to stand up and wander around. We watched the chefs at work and we noticed that one of the prep cooks working directly in front of us was from Pasadena, nearby where we live in Southern California. We were able to talk to him a bit about how he was liking life in Florida and what he missed about California.

TZTLjMiQwruo_iG1NIuoTxkeTpmfuaZe4R-SkgNn-dNUgIS6H2RwtVMPdWteuuTy_t5wCZvW_V_TZ60I4XteWsjTK037zfAy9abf4aW_E4I-n_WS539Krb3mu-_c_c2mmwxCgT1N
C5qjh5SJXtd3uYZlA50mPyw_2P7qtZLQ5Z-_yCNEQDma8SVT7Y2ZO95Ncgdj6Df7dfPkEa1fGQs-BGj4TdMkUhhLGo5248bSXZD9omvXKgY2QEuUHQ6DXFfvS9dBqQjtyfktE1sL

These interactions were incredible and truly made the meal that much more of an unforgettable experience. The staff was professional, but incredibly friendly! When they were cooking, there was a quiet focus among them. This is not like the stereotypical kitchen where chefs are yelling over each other. In fact, the Executive Chef Aimee even told us that usually the guests dining at the Chef’s Table are the loudest people in the kitchen.

Then, the meat courses began with duck prepared two ways: a confit duck leg and a sous vide duck breast served with sweet potato and walnuts. This had all the winter/Thanksgiving flavors one could want, elevated to a fine dining course. Tory mentioned to Al that she is generally not a fan of duck, as it is generally greasy and tough, but that she loved this course. Al agreed that it really takes skill to prepare duck so well.

Qw72zYX2aU6wpWH8vkdduDWlVx_Y5OsXcPzqZ02QXojs-gqFLnUD-Hy6qvsoQbV8hUp7e9XV5ys91dooG3Q0RelzTnFQGerjsbdv7tj22Hr_7paKx5P7lhHdQdsvZh4c3Jp-B0j4
4QQcD-ct0kKMXha5yOgqgb8BlG6j8a5lujNgWgWrqmAtxnqTlNF9x4gZ3TKR__ipCt2lEn_Ef2l2Ai-y6VZ4iTzjzvkQYczD5hJ8T3V7T-VIlpaQpin-vcVJL31EFq7MaozzeLbO

Next was game meat. We were served an elk tenderloin with a borscht consomme ribbon and huckleberries. This was absolutely my favorite course. The elk was perfectly cooked and had that gamey richness, and it pairs so well with the huckleberries. However, the addition of the borscht that they made into a soup and then turned into a ribbon was amazing! It was a beautiful plate and the beet played so well with the elk.

igqQ1BmSX3jdJFySrOO_AGPn7EtLrBbQtqyGdrKSZKeTT9Hc6XJhtz3_hHfX3m_wLwp_D3w-REz0g644zggD1azF27roFpgFTqUZcmmUR0Q6GTU_x3Ic-YUdj7jmsRQM16pbyOE7
qePy9WmRsl0kllDtNZTf0GRuihgKenUmEzJUUYpNRB9E91dC3_EFM1RvukX2t3FQFLYnvHEuXW-2dqltMetiRmZMtC_TkashywaPm2lHZTBohwo8KchcDLITCEEN3ZbWqYec43rj
UwM2lC-liSp-PcddOt-D1K0R2SZ-u3ahLd46-G4kkIHpi-BCfTWw43EDnARhvA4w3kVLeCIzciHglHO2p_BHj9Ld3iBXHmfSxpU7JHoe4cwT88tg9F_QllQu5QIaLw9NDvi8u3fg

The wine pairing for this course, as with all the others, was phenomenal. We opted to just order one set of wine pairings so we could split it. We are not experts on wine, although we do love a good pairing! So we did a lot of nodding along as Al and Amy explained the different styles, but they really did pair amazingly well with each course.

At one point, Boris the matire’d came by to talk to us and we got to talking about wine. He said that they don’t have a need for Level 3 or Level 4 sommeliers at V&A, as they view wine as an accompaniment to the food, not the main attraction. He also noted that several years ago, a food critic came through, and upon leaving, told the staff that they would he happy with his review. The only critique was that there were too many Napa Valley wines in the pairing. Boris laughed and scoffed at this upon retelling it to us. How can you ever have too many Napa wines?

Then we got more bread! This bread was a truffle brioche with a truffle butter!

mRz4G6_xhOtD0cHllaq34flOLH8ncBH3anK1nhzqNPugoT44fXlZH-QN9fSnwzMwgYCYw02-ol9U4BPNvzefIDTexTxJmlMxio4axUAuzBU7FG2Q60FFjqEevysL4Oak4khnkvqd
HZ65o1QDftXKqNlmFIbgVwdQSj34YYj3q5OO82i4bPff2dQrgE5nbOpUCCnhnkEOokXog_wxz5N2K-JOMEqmbxqYKmhN4KTUbfYnjooqAiK45o2m5FAFVxA3HV7FaMv6o9MPhr2p

For our final meat course, we were presented Australian Kobe-style beef tenderloin with mushrooms and bone marrow pain perdu! I don’t think there are many things better in this world then well-cooked beef with mushrooms and red wine. This was a very classic preparation, but with those flavors, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. The mushrooms and marrow were great accompaniments.

D0uJwehAB5LVhbehvmCsu6Zn-STgw5G-S95JZpnii_xfQIqTuHr0m2kB3bOHtnAopvyIqyR1YCwzt8wdLzl-7y9BqyYWHOwFxyJD5Vhj1ZdT0o9YJcAh1lWM2RLYQgCCCXJU0kUL
NAEh5YtGVBmaKk5MHXDoxE2v28v70uHjY2Uv2Nwq7a7ONDr_ICZR2CSngCAbQudNuIQKr3mtZ8TkTLQPaeKVQ4a6pE91F3rF9LiBVQmxETA_lRQPUg5jxTYpanyYHrEM0X7mz3_N

Before our cheese course, Al came by to ask us if we wanted coffee with our desserts. Tory, of course, obliged, and I opted for a tea. Al came back with a menu that had at least 20 tea blends on it. I got an herbal tea called Harmony, which was a blend of chamomile, peppermint, allspice, and orange blossoms.

Next up was the cheese course. I don’t know what I expected when I read the words “stilton cheesecake”. I was thinking it would be a cheesecake with some blue cheese thrown in for some funk. I was wrong, it was whipped stilton cheese formed into a cheesecake and topped with red wine soaked pears and whipped honey. This was the most playful and creative dish we had all night. It had the consistency of cheesecake but tasted like a stilton blue cheese. The funk/tang was cut perfectly with the pears and the whipped honey. Yes, whipped honey. Not just honey flavored whipped cream. It was denser than whipped cream but still looked like it. However, it tasted exactly like a floral honey, because it was! I had no idea how they were able to whip honey and so I was dying to ask. Al told us it was done with a little Disney magic. Later, when Chef Aimee came by, she hinted that their might be an acid in there, but still did not want to let us in on their secret. On anything else they were more than gracious to answer our questions, but on the whipped honey the staff’s collective lips were sealed. It was fascinating!

ShJn3uO0J3GdJscPH9rY-jU-gnnWzfWiBn9b3PzwETCuqk6LS6yJplzTlJtEY2KT7pG5mSQihdEcojm3VnQQ7XCKXyoX5TFKkVaFhSPR7L469bnz9KmYMwwKm_tnAsq7vPrnDkRB
ZXsGV5xm6hlzLsAM2QtK0PomkIznEd8TBI-NiaRpscvOgQX4D4y8ejz1MBMNuU4RI3hQvm_uBUMRKP6v9xeb1bGFT_Pii-5rrgl-YkC4gVa6EYoKqWN9uQ0WE2MpeJvpmWl1zYsf

At this point, Al came back with a piece of glassware that looked like it belonged in a chem lab. They brew the coffee and tea in front of you by putting the grounds/loose leaf tea in the upper chamber of this hour glass shaped glassware. The water is added to the bottom chamber and a heating element is placed underneath. The water boils and travels up to the upper chamber where it mixes with the grounds and then slowly condenses and drips back down to the lower chamber. Tory and I stared in amazement. If you get the opportunity to go to V&A, get the coffee service!

6LO2m5Y6np10_bt9142X8IRzpVjGLnw8gLTDEbQ6zixcWbx6OlcZNYvF8ZuxYT0iKbhcMcGF6ngI8i7Ssc0xqFCcRPkbtkT60hNqThLOIdV9L2EuWN_HHqIUFnAGaTuIqToNhcKW
k2_naj4ZPbM7A5cUcQ7JAJXnLj_fHsJq3T1xjrYIC3sar44fk3dZ3JYSysRYFBjofTZLjmF6dLd0DgjncP5v1bobC7fKdEuOn9EWkIXxGYazUZjSa_AaDzGr8sGU7OFWjmozEcIZ
J0bW830Tcwxow1eGvkyRi40eRaC4mT7FtEcdzSEdOiMlwVwVOSbIXllM-bcmX0dTeOzksv5EkoYNXEBBLGFdl00Iq0rOlyHNnJYD5pZYl6KFpjLk3HlO9q9IQeH4abFclY5gW0K1

During this course, Chef Aimee took some time away from the kitchen to come talk to us. She straight up asked, “What do you want to know?” We asked her how a woman from Puerto Rico gets into fine dining, and she then proceeded to tell us the amazing story of her life over a thirty-minute conversation. How she had a degree in finance (I think? We were quite a few glasses of wine in), but really always loved cooking. Her break came when her older sister and brother-in-law offered to pay for her to go to culinary school. She told us how she rose through the ranks of the culinary world. It was amazing and inspiring! Ater raving to her about the stilton cheesecake, she said she was glad, as she had three people send it back tonight. WHO SENDS BACK FOOD AT VICTORIA AND ALBERT’S?!?!? WHO HAS THE GUTS TO SAY THAT THEY KNOW BETTER THAN THE KITCHEN? I was appalled; Chef Aimee said it is fairly common, and that people either love the cheesecake or hate it. It was a polarizing dish for sure.

At this point, our second bonus course arrived, which Tory and I are hazy on because we were eight courses, wine pairings and other alcoholic beverages deep, but it was a dessert course that contained some sort of mango sorbet. It was delicious!

BHuhS3ILGBwPVBn_KcjlHz6Mc0loLCkiy9z0GDhqk9xKljWJZG-mOWNNQFONTrNaGsY8BwKrui3wPh_A8s54JjqQRRZqZkWVfkJwenT4a6yeIErTjiCLLrgbzjTz259oO1pnARy3
QU2uIxI0TEru9DTnDGonJm05mxb4rM4cEecAN2XGggfqva2_JPdfYfIe1mbvf4Hvw28eBEUDjcPct5CH6NW06WBhMwqhC0H5imFk4knEYeN5BENcUOV_g1EVekc1Ai5rFuaYtAUQ
hYlrUGmVaZg0XD5Av77o8EwVZN2eAmSK0wZhE_TQX5RbrdSc1SzmvHmqZMiGAo9wBI1qZ4s4M3m8kGZHumCxjZwOC4DHjXCbPgOA-6PE_K8qfsfLeuJSM174MDa0Q0k63w1mUlLp

When our official dessert course came, Chef Aimee came back and said her goodbyes before heading back into the kitchen. The dessert, as you can see, is absolutely beautiful. It was a chocolate tarte with mint cream and a black currant sauce. It tasted just as good as it looked. Again, classic flavor pairings, but executed perfectly and truly a highlight to end the meal on. I have been disappointed before in fine dining places where it seemed like they just phoned in dessert. It’s often not up to the standard of the savory courses, and that shouldn’t be the case. Just because it is sweet doesn’t mean it can’t be nuanced.

yzkrAVw-2_feiYF1qw46GCJmKJO1aA4WRR8XaIpQSSsxMo8T-N_4yR9wVbQeO463_y0xKnW4IRNGz0DE5dWAxr6quUKESerF51UBkGBa-8jvmA7hL92pb6O0bEiYWDUksu1ih2lJ
bYR77seSVkV2Qq5hRA_U7FutEZYauMrKMaN8K3a0pHdnyKRfINwNVTjtgoadWVSxCaNzY2ihFhhxInfwUMc877F1d5rwQF8jzrrq7WGO9HpAXi5yjyiplqng6ACAu8QjKa3WGkl4
oNBeVoKXYsIUpGPeMu4ic8GDLbFGMf0MmnB1P9K3edvxICGGqQd7S6g9L1ldb1aMLorDOixrDCaNM5Z_MytWvhwccjicvJWY_MhnrLoUEDNpJl9p-HFHpUxveuMYyBddWc0Fzsj5

As the meal wrapped up, we were sipping on our hot drinks and basking in the magic of the evening as the kitchen was finishing up service. Al came by and asked us if we had any more room for food. I think we both shook our heads, but he insisted that they had one more special treat for us. He then headed over to the cabinet on the side of the room where a large box had been sitting all night emblazoned with the V&A logo. I had assumed it housed cutlery or plates. However when he opened it up in front of us, there was a gorgeous spread of truffles and chocolates.

_urb3cp9NEHH6nPowFupKee9hWEKGiZz7lk04mP1wru5PP8jsPoZQJJGhBhsom_CNxoaQ6MSIbd9uTAI2aWDt5coOne76LH6lQC5B5unlDNCJ5ZjeId3hm3K_O_y5aD-0cMO2WW1

nL1vA7Yok1ACQJ32MqszssjfmPyh9aOUYe21GBY-SRyznG2m4gdYNjuZ8JLxnkS9LZoQgWm5UfCAaMjILa1Tg1dGHh41dgBM9heMoZgnvmKZKVETu09kc7N5C7yH6RavtqHwvsbG

It felt like a magic trick that it had been sitting there all night. Al explained all the flavors and asked us which we would like. I think we tried one of everything, but the standout was the chocolate cherry.

e-RzRnJC-ArC8XuvgU2CUww-u0rigI84nM0PPv0x55FyN-R_9eGP72NuDvuzdk5OLYhzphSrfYG6I0O-cNF_SPeroRQuGvJjOyAHTWymGKXkL_4pnYABFi90yP2mNsTXjsdExurX
Y9zoWEwqQEJnX1oO2C_50jRXBaEbcuRC-8Gk4f7n6s_MziWYyethO0PqL2Q5HAIKksVRMZEhAIARVUM47Bnmr_9qwn88xGF25WzbnE4lJb0VqFyuDYybqm4JPEasz0nF-ky8EsNH

We were so stuffed, but Al kept asking if we wanted anymore of them as the whole box was ours if we wanted it. We politely declined, and he offered to put a few in a box for us. When Amy came back with the check, she also had a red rose for Tory and a bag that had copies of our menu and our box of truffles. Just stellar service and forethought! I was left speechless. Just when I thought there wasn’t any more to the experience, they brought my wife a rose!

ZvRz8CqbDm_usKwR3kvdJ3aduOg1sTnRBxgSr6Z44V8SEaSsMx51dBV4FF1midyJ5Z0LUezC-652ogngzSHucBaV7AKduNp17MVRXHpEmm_RHBYz-IviU50ro1IjKD6BwvHFBE9C

I got to pay our tab via MagicBand, which seemed super silly, considering the elegance of the situation. We took our time taking a few more photos, thanking the staff and the cooks, and slowly waddling our way out of the restaurant.

JbMTQxr1GqsWmVCfvURhvUxML-88zWp5gWVuydR-FJ8b1I3gd01NVwYa9OU-FmjnLHNvZJUmMWT_3B7VXoC2ac0lqS_sJ0J8q0FRPRqR2H81Zrb04IG9XA15GQXZotvgeMCcLe90
QVYmCRC0TUW7j_Ywz84ZstVT7uRfZxr6IenttGaxLIpB1oPkOCAjsca3q1zwrzI0oArhtqmfz0kkz2EcytTjO4bTem1jzXwlX-9JNyYj9RWKE29VPHwHWghxRjXoBKhC_pFr76Gp
8xANBOR2u3ppjJLTf1ol8S0kQC2GK1AY7OKcvFF6EHd3vBhLy2PjmHL8OYlu0Xu2HxYS6JHYQ_oUEmWsKzqxbA6vKMv45D-Xrej1D9i3T4qWsVepbNtLMZjE45FgbHAS_flj_RSX

From beginning to end, the food and service were impeccable. There were no missteps, no courses that we didn’t absolutely love, or any emotion from any of the staff that wasn’t pure happiness. It was an experience that we will never forget, and, as far as honeymoon splurges go, one that was worth every penny. We got back to our hotel after a short Lyft ride and laid in bed, basking in the joy of that night. We talked about our favorite courses and moments that we didn’t want to forget (something we still do, months later). In case you haven’t sensed this yet, if you have the means, V&A is worth visiting. It’s fine dining with Disney service and magic. Is there anything better?

PIVXS_GAWSGJxUIZ27QX69cipTsJS4UhZh9uQ7zz8r5ta2Lg44y1Lp7bFheGXaUFuU-OIOeTXIiuLub4xVJr3Ccj-TCpJyo4qfCZ7uQuiWFzdB4EaMwu-tSkFWS06mQIdxknqQPP

STAY TUNED FOR THE FINAL DAY OF OUR HONEYMOON ADVENTURE!

That sounded so amazingly!! I am not a fine dining expert, but I am pretty adventurous with my food until I discovered I have a dairy allergy ... now I am a overly cautious diner! :oops::oops:

What a lovely dinner! I am not an adventurous eater so it looks very overwhelming to me but very awesome!
I am sad that this trip report is ending - are you doing a pre trip report for your next trip?

Also, you have missed your calling to WRITE! lol

I've never been to a tasting dinner, but after reading this, I cannot wait to splurge! I loved reading through all of your details!

Okay now that I've read your entire trip that you've posted!! Wow!! Just wow!! First, I love the engagement pictures in front of Dumbo. It is one of the most amazing, romantic things I've ever seen. Who knew Dumbo could be romantic 😂😂. Y'all had an amazing time! And you have given me many drinks to add to my list that looked amazing! That dinner at VA was one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen!

That sounded so amazingly!! I am not a fine dining expert, but I am pretty adventurous with my food until I discovered I have a dairy allergy ... now I am a overly cautious diner! :oops::oops:

Oh no! That's a rough allergy to have! I will say that V&A seemed to be very accommodating with dietary restrictions. We heard the chefs talking about a complete vegan tasting menu they had put together for a guest that night. There was also a print out at each station with the tables that evening and any special allergy notes. Super impressive!

:worship:Wow. Just wow. That's all:worship:

Thank you so much! It was incredible!

What a lovely dinner! I am not an adventurous eater so it looks very overwhelming to me but very awesome!
I am sad that this trip report is ending - are you doing a pre trip report for your next trip?

Also, you have missed your calling to WRITE! lol

It was an experience we will never forget! Thanks for the writing compliment! As we are both trained as scientists, I often wonder what my expository writing sounds like to others. I did take one creative writing class in college, maybe I retained something from it!

I hadn't thought about a pre-trip report, but we will definitely consider it. Thanks for following along!

Okay now that I've read your entire trip that you've posted!! Wow!! Just wow!! First, I love the engagement pictures in front of Dumbo. It is one of the most amazing, romantic things I've ever seen. Who knew Dumbo could be romantic 😂😂. Y'all had an amazing time! And you have given me many drinks to add to my list that looked amazing! That dinner at VA was one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen!

Aww thanks! We actually did our entire engagement shoot at Disneyland. Our wedding photographer's husband is a CM and signed her in for the afternoon. She had originally told us that it would be a 90 minute session, but she was having so much fun that we were with her for almost 4 hours! It was a long time in front of a camera, and the only time I've totally changed outfits inside a Disney bathroom! haha I'll try and upload a few more of our favorites this evening!

Thank you all for reading! Life has been pretty busy over the last week, and will remain that way at least through this weekend. Hopefully, within the next week, I will be able to post our last half-day on property and some final thoughts!

Aww thanks! We actually did our entire engagement shoot at Disneyland. Our wedding photographer's husband is a CM and signed her in for the afternoon. She had originally told us that it would be a 90 minute session, but she was having so much fun that we were with her for almost 4 hours! It was a long time in front of a camera, and the only time I've totally changed outfits inside a Disney bathroom! haha I'll try and upload a few more of our favorites this evening!

4 hours?!?! That's amazing!! I would definitely love to see more. I cannot wait.

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever changed my outfit completely in a Disney bathroom 😂 Another first. 🤣🤣

Love your engagement photos -so cute! And wow, wow, wow on your meal at Victoria & Albert's. I'm also a big "food fan" and watch all the shows, documentaries etc. and have a huge bucket list of restaurants around the world I'd like to try someday. I've been lucky enough to do chef's table at V&A twice now (over a number of years) and you definitely have me thinking it is time to return! I'm also super excited about the chef's table experience at the new restaurant in the Japan pavilion opening this summer. There aren't many details but I can't wait to try it. Maybe it will be an option for you in September! From start to finish your V&A meal looks and sounds exquisite. The service there is incredible and it's so interesting to be able to watch the kitchen. I was also surprised by how quiet it was - though they're obviously aware they have an audience. I also can't believe people sent back their cheesecake!?!? I can see not caring for it and perhaps not having more than a bite or two... but sending it back?? At a place like this??? Not that you shouldn't send something back if it is wrong but if you just don't like it? So glad you were able to have this experience on your honeymoon! Sounds like you will have memories for a lifetime!

Love your engagement photos -so cute! And wow, wow, wow on your meal at Victoria & Albert's. I'm also a big "food fan" and watch all the shows, documentaries etc. and have a huge bucket list of restaurants around the world I'd like to try someday. I've been lucky enough to do chef's table at V&A twice now (over a number of years) and you definitely have me thinking it is time to return! I'm also super excited about the chef's table experience at the new restaurant in the Japan pavilion opening this summer. There aren't many details but I can't wait to try it. Maybe it will be an option for you in September! From start to finish your V&A meal looks and sounds exquisite. The service there is incredible and it's so interesting to be able to watch the kitchen. I was also surprised by how quiet it was - though they're obviously aware they have an audience. I also can't believe people sent back their cheesecake!?!? I can see not caring for it and perhaps not having more than a bite or two... but sending it back?? At a place like this??? Not that you shouldn't send something back if it is wrong but if you just don't like it? So glad you were able to have this experience on your honeymoon! Sounds like you will have memories for a lifetime!

Thank you so much! They were really fun to take.

How organized and quiet the kitchen is really was amazing! Kitchen's are never really depicted like that. Absolute class from all the cooks.

We are keeping an eye out for any news/reviews of the new restaurant in Japan as well. It has the potential to be a really unique and enlightening meal!

1/31 Departure Day (It has no title because I didn’t take any notes)

After an amazing night, we slept in a bit. We woke up still talking about what an experience it was at V&A. I was so happy that we had decided to extend the trip by a day to make it happen! We eventually realized that since V&A was over, this meant it was now departure day. We took our time staring out at the Savanna while intermittently packing up and putting stuff away. We were certainly sad to be leaving our room, the view, and the resort as a whole. For a first-timer Honeymoon trip, I think we picked the perfect resort, especially after having seen all of the Deluxes to varying extents over the trip.

Right before bed the previous night, Tory was able to snag us a noon ADR for Sanaa. Our flight didn’t depart until 4 PM, so one last meal at one of our favorite restaurants of the trip sounded perfect. We checked out of our room around 10:30, asking for a printed copy of our receipt. I generally do this because when I travel for work, I need the hard copy for reimbursements. However, I didn’t stop to think that it would be the itemized receipt that included every single Magic Band charge. Tory and I dropped our luggage off with bell services, who were slightly confused that we weren’t taking the Magical Express. We then wandered over to the amazing fireplace (firepit) at the back of the AKL lobby and found two reclining chairs to soak up the last few moments in this amazing place.

fcCRfrvKGQqPMfJnzdRIbAM0DHn4n-nK58uMSnUz8KfaCTX4HdPzjga6q4tu-OpGn2QeVhBEfaNa_Eif9x8cHuy6CZQmbUF0I2xf4P7ag79qZ2SyxY5yP_yXJA3t9sliAVoiywns

We looked through the receipt and laughed as we remembered all of the charges and little snack items we bought over the trip. It was a peaceful morning in the lobby, and we were able to relax and relive some of the many highlights of the honeymoon.

Eventually, we wandered over to Kidani Village and sat out back for a bit taking in the animals. We then headed back inside for lunch at Sanaa.

uYGwoXMn1qikmgLy0f6TfQs1ad7vgwLgsv6TQ_lVfME_vs7EMdeXi3OryldUFZRw9FsfFSXbASABzKXq2HXn8rPg0MPwdDuUAFtq3UsXFJDKAyQRPcNMnzbZiDwHVgxgJqyeVLIP
T7BEU7-gtfnJSbh6mgSRStR3tGBIXscnEyXYSV-Y-9I0BHKKZsv0xfOc7S2fKcbvLZPdY0UAktniC5YQh_GPMNUFzcHmUv1Gva1IGe-rdxEICqFPHPkmRfhNmBKhqVg6C43PZqxz

We were again seated right by the window, looking out over the savanna.

5fbU4x1hxfJUtGesErOr_ddKvPVPa8s5eaN06u9T_s8Y3OM3X2iwzqjwTh7brkqTxW6VuNwlDe1ZlN5RUlgl_i4SCKtg7ro8B1N8EL-M3jaTZ192Z17m4yJZjEumKAI6j9KjLmnM
mn7lxyHrGmiYJBZ2nCzGS71Z8iNqf6XvL8PJTovEi-Ios27VD4O6FWzjhWcgI2Kj3lIUoQUE1Qd5WJtqjb6e1bASaBfjxvudIlcHkS60ACu47CAup58bpfqnfvpJH--LyKs_z2f3

To start, we got the bread service again, obviously, and the salad sampler at the recommendation of our waitress. Despite having had it for the first time a week ago, the bread service was just as phenomenal. My mouth is watering thinking about it. I can’t wait to try it again!

cElrufzsjJNGaF2pkFsY6JjA8mxM9QSkTmAAXxDdFW0xyg4SdgZQSOhvDnhBOy8CNVjXLbQjJxumaEOJtJ2iSu96plsqX29M3cW8uYnmHCtWXyNQ9R4nOaepTB0AzYYRCMvbC4Xv
nUIhja_zc1C6Sr07ahVVcIdqegBo2oWyDWEO0z1USjrMg0D2O69WklgK8LXLbblRw2xLr5OsywoO0OxX8Rr9lYTJqMSdkkQ3_FzcB37T2yI3QzvcF6RQpeSHPGiWrY1uVuW_uC7M

The salad sampler was also excellent with some interesting flavor combinations that Tory and I had not tried before. The watermelon and pickled fennel worked really well together and was refreshing.

Like we did the first time, we split the Potjie meal. This time we opted for the Chickpea Wit and the Braised Beef. These were both so warming and comforting. The wit was basically a vegetarian curry, so paired with the beef, it was filling, “warm soup belly”, kind of food.

MKyApys8LWXAnWhLvZn04XKuklD9-me1CwkQklUgLLApv9OBo5O4TNal295NjwLMIEbARJCzPWFHoRvUd8BUzjEjTk0UNav6SfP_n68pQ2mQ9nJs278Z-nJBNffpaYw7fTJ3MeN2

We ended our meal by getting dessert. I was feeling really full, but Tory insisted as we were headed back to the real world and we hadn’t tried the dessert the last time we were here (other than the free ice cream). I left the decision up to her and she opted for the Spice Trade Candy Bar. I don’t what I expected, but it shockingly tasted like a well flavored, nutty, candy bar! One that had been prepared fresh and not mass-produced. The fruits and nuts paired well with the chocolate and it wasn’t too heavy considering the full stomachs we had.

bjiz99OvOGJPJoyTSMHy8D2BLV2lK3W0xhiyOk8PmpUmk2RYtui4G826d3kObA7bpDiwjm_hWrCzY7oF8vWH2ZzMTZ9IgSMht7eVClg8CJHdIGkNgds4s4P3qJQdi0MQQzh2Lwos
VstHFmGFxrItNAz9alNCCbuCmJeuQ18RFFgjcZDFy7tVOQAa14ZpDaMIG2cFYbsks1U3f6tpyq-diWmIYbMzVYJbUUQJaast-tEbsaXOWwZRUyS_L3DHg6DH1jFKpAIbB4Yn3_ZT

We paused, looking longingly at the savanna, restaurant, and each other, before taking a collective, contented sigh.

We paid our bill and made the short walk back to Jambo House where we collected our luggage and called a Lyft to MCO. Our Lyft driver, though friendly, would not stop talking about driving for Lyft. He was an engineer that was out of work due to his government contracts being halted by the shutdown, and so he picked up Lyft driving. He had that freshman excitement that will surely be worn down if he sticks with it. He kept bashing Uber too.

Thankfully, we were out of his car before too long, and back in the real world at MCO. Security wasn’t as bad as we had heard it could be here. I chalk that up to us flying through LAX regularly. Nothing is quite like LAX.

After an uneventful 4 hours on a 737 where I fell asleep watching Hercules, we were back home in the Golden State. What a honeymoon it was! There was not a more perfect place for my wife and I to go and, despite the cooler temps, I think it was the perfect time of year as well. I know our return trip in September will be to a very different climate and we are already preparing for that.

I hope you all enjoyed the report! I certainly enjoyed writing it, as it allowed me to relive it again. I also used it as a bit of a mental break at work. Where, if I had a spare few minutes, I would write a paragraph or two. If you have any questions about anything we did, please let us know! I know I’m quite wordy, so my recommendations might have been lost in the midst of a lot of text.

Our return trip is set for September 20th-26th staying at Coronado Springs. We've got our friends joining us for part of the trip! And we've got some great new (to us) dining reservations at Toledo, Jaleo, Sebastian's Bistro, Flying Fish, and Wine Bar George. Plus some return locations, including Sanna, Jiko, BOATHOUSE, and 'Ohana. I think my wife overbooked us on food, so we may need to drop a few of those.

You can be sure that I will write up a trip report after that one as well. Until then, thanks for reading!

1/31 Departure Day (It has no title because I didn’t take any notes)

After an amazing night, we slept in a bit. We woke up still talking about what an experience it was at V&A. I was so happy that we had decided to extend the trip by a day to make it happen! We eventually realized that since V&A was over, this meant it was now departure day. We took our time staring out at the Savanna while intermittently packing up and putting stuff away. We were certainly sad to be leaving our room, the view, and the resort as a whole. For a first-timer Honeymoon trip, I think we picked the perfect resort, especially after having seen all of the Deluxes to varying extents over the trip.

Right before bed the previous night, Tory was able to snag us a noon ADR for Sanaa. Our flight didn’t depart until 4 PM, so one last meal at one of our favorite restaurants of the trip sounded perfect. We checked out of our room around 10:30, asking for a printed copy of our receipt. I generally do this because when I travel for work, I need the hard copy for reimbursements. However, I didn’t stop to think that it would be the itemized receipt that included every single Magic Band charge. Tory and I dropped our luggage off with bell services, who were slightly confused that we weren’t taking the Magical Express. We then wandered over to the amazing fireplace (firepit) at the back of the AKL lobby and found two reclining chairs to soak up the last few moments in this amazing place.

fcCRfrvKGQqPMfJnzdRIbAM0DHn4n-nK58uMSnUz8KfaCTX4HdPzjga6q4tu-OpGn2QeVhBEfaNa_Eif9x8cHuy6CZQmbUF0I2xf4P7ag79qZ2SyxY5yP_yXJA3t9sliAVoiywns

We looked through the receipt and laughed as we remembered all of the charges and little snack items we bought over the trip. It was a peaceful morning in the lobby, and we were able to relax and relive some of the many highlights of the honeymoon.

Eventually, we wandered over to Kidani Village and sat out back for a bit taking in the animals. We then headed back inside for lunch at Sanaa.

uYGwoXMn1qikmgLy0f6TfQs1ad7vgwLgsv6TQ_lVfME_vs7EMdeXi3OryldUFZRw9FsfFSXbASABzKXq2HXn8rPg0MPwdDuUAFtq3UsXFJDKAyQRPcNMnzbZiDwHVgxgJqyeVLIP
T7BEU7-gtfnJSbh6mgSRStR3tGBIXscnEyXYSV-Y-9I0BHKKZsv0xfOc7S2fKcbvLZPdY0UAktniC5YQh_GPMNUFzcHmUv1Gva1IGe-rdxEICqFPHPkmRfhNmBKhqVg6C43PZqxz

We were again seated right by the window, looking out over the savanna.

5fbU4x1hxfJUtGesErOr_ddKvPVPa8s5eaN06u9T_s8Y3OM3X2iwzqjwTh7brkqTxW6VuNwlDe1ZlN5RUlgl_i4SCKtg7ro8B1N8EL-M3jaTZ192Z17m4yJZjEumKAI6j9KjLmnM
mn7lxyHrGmiYJBZ2nCzGS71Z8iNqf6XvL8PJTovEi-Ios27VD4O6FWzjhWcgI2Kj3lIUoQUE1Qd5WJtqjb6e1bASaBfjxvudIlcHkS60ACu47CAup58bpfqnfvpJH--LyKs_z2f3

To start, we got the bread service again, obviously, and the salad sampler at the recommendation of our waitress. Despite having had it for the first time a week ago, the bread service was just as phenomenal. My mouth is watering thinking about it. I can’t wait to try it again!

cElrufzsjJNGaF2pkFsY6JjA8mxM9QSkTmAAXxDdFW0xyg4SdgZQSOhvDnhBOy8CNVjXLbQjJxumaEOJtJ2iSu96plsqX29M3cW8uYnmHCtWXyNQ9R4nOaepTB0AzYYRCMvbC4Xv
nUIhja_zc1C6Sr07ahVVcIdqegBo2oWyDWEO0z1USjrMg0D2O69WklgK8LXLbblRw2xLr5OsywoO0OxX8Rr9lYTJqMSdkkQ3_FzcB37T2yI3QzvcF6RQpeSHPGiWrY1uVuW_uC7M

The salad sampler was also excellent with some interesting flavor combinations that Tory and I had not tried before. The watermelon and pickled fennel worked really well together and was refreshing.

Like we did the first time, we split the Potjie meal. This time we opted for the Chickpea Wit and the Braised Beef. These were both so warming and comforting. The wit was basically a vegetarian curry, so paired with the beef, it was filling, “warm soup belly”, kind of food.

MKyApys8LWXAnWhLvZn04XKuklD9-me1CwkQklUgLLApv9OBo5O4TNal295NjwLMIEbARJCzPWFHoRvUd8BUzjEjTk0UNav6SfP_n68pQ2mQ9nJs278Z-nJBNffpaYw7fTJ3MeN2

We ended our meal by getting dessert. I was feeling really full, but Tory insisted as we were headed back to the real world and we hadn’t tried the dessert the last time we were here (other than the free ice cream). I left the decision up to her and she opted for the Spice Trade Candy Bar. I don’t what I expected, but it shockingly tasted like a well flavored, nutty, candy bar! One that had been prepared fresh and not mass-produced. The fruits and nuts paired well with the chocolate and it wasn’t too heavy considering the full stomachs we had.

bjiz99OvOGJPJoyTSMHy8D2BLV2lK3W0xhiyOk8PmpUmk2RYtui4G826d3kObA7bpDiwjm_hWrCzY7oF8vWH2ZzMTZ9IgSMht7eVClg8CJHdIGkNgds4s4P3qJQdi0MQQzh2Lwos
VstHFmGFxrItNAz9alNCCbuCmJeuQ18RFFgjcZDFy7tVOQAa14ZpDaMIG2cFYbsks1U3f6tpyq-diWmIYbMzVYJbUUQJaast-tEbsaXOWwZRUyS_L3DHg6DH1jFKpAIbB4Yn3_ZT

We paused, looking longingly at the savanna, restaurant, and each other, before taking a collective, contented sigh.

We paid our bill and made the short walk back to Jambo House where we collected our luggage and called a Lyft to MCO. Our Lyft driver, though friendly, would not stop talking about driving for Lyft. He was an engineer that was out of work due to his government contracts being halted by the shutdown, and so he picked up Lyft driving. He had that freshman excitement that will surely be worn down if he sticks with it. He kept bashing Uber too.

Thankfully, we were out of his car before too long, and back in the real world at MCO. Security wasn’t as bad as we had heard it could be here. I chalk that up to us flying through LAX regularly. Nothing is quite like LAX.

After an uneventful 4 hours on a 737 where I fell asleep watching Hercules, we were back home in the Golden State. What a honeymoon it was! There was not a more perfect place for my wife and I to go and, despite the cooler temps, I think it was the perfect time of year as well. I know our return trip in September will be to a very different climate and we are already preparing for that.

I hope you all enjoyed the report! I certainly enjoyed writing it, as it allowed me to relive it again. I also used it as a bit of a mental break at work. Where, if I had a spare few minutes, I would write a paragraph or two. If you have any questions about anything we did, please let us know! I know I’m quite wordy, so my recommendations might have been lost in the midst of a lot of text.

Our return trip is set for September 20th-26th staying at Coronado Springs. We've got our friends joining us for part of the trip! And we've got some great new (to us) dining reservations at Toledo, Jaleo, Sebastian's Bistro, Flying Fish, and Wine Bar George. Plus some return locations, including Sanna, Jiko, BOATHOUSE, and 'Ohana. I think my wife overbooked us on food, so we may need to drop a few of those.

You can be sure that I will write up a trip report after that one as well. Until then, thanks for reading!

BY FAR (and, certainly, no offense to any other TR writers), yours was my favorite trip report that I've ever read. It could be that you did many of the things that I have either done (and love) or want to do, or it could be that I love (truly, love) the way you write or it could be that it was like reading a real fairy tale. Thank you for sharing with us!! Many congratulations!!

This was truly a fantastic TR. One the of the best I've read on Disboards. Thanks for sharing your awesome trip with us.
orite trip report that I've ever read. It could be that you did many of the things that I have either done (and love) or want to do, or it could be that I love (truly, love) the way you write or it could be that it was like reading a real fairy tale. Thank you for sharing with us!! Many congratulat

Thank you both so much! I'm starting to get nervous that my report of our September trip won't live up. However, there are still so many new things for us to do on property that I'm sure I will have plenty to say. My wife and I just realized we never made it on the Haunted Mansion while out there in January! There truly is just so much to see and do!

Just caught your last update! I loved this trip report SO much, thank you for writing it!
I hope you and your wife enjoy your September trip! Looking forward to the next TR!

Just binge read your report. Thanks for making the effort and it was a fun read!

Congrats to you both.

Congratulations on your marriage!

Thank you for such a well written and entertaining review. It was fun to read as my husband and I will be visiting in October for our first anniversary. While I have been to WDW a few times, it will be my husband’s first. Like you, he has only visited Disneyland California so it was great to read your perspective.

Thanks again and many years of happiness! Looking forward to your September report.

Congratulations on your marriage! I just binged your trip report and it was AMAZING! Hope to see a report for your September trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter