*COMPLETED* Boogie to the Bahamas Disney Wonder Very MerryTime 12/11-12/18/15

DAY 4 Monday, December 14th continued

Last up was Chip n Dale, who were a lot of fun and didn't disappoint!

ChipnDale 1.jpg

ChipnDale 2.jpg

ChipnDale 4.jpg

ChipnDale 5.jpg

After Chip n Dale, we left the Lobby Atrium and headed up to Deck 5 via the "fun elevators" that offered fun views when you road them. Evie requested to ride these and was excited each time to look out the windows. We did not ignore the use the stairs advice but also made it a point to ride these elevators when it made sense.

ChipnDale 6.jpg

After we got back to the room, we found a note for Anna's Chocolate Chase.

Annas Chocolate Chase.jpg

We also found our pirate animal, chocolate coins and our bandanas.
(Full disclosure: This was all out before the pirate party so we could have chosen to wear the bandanas but decided to pack them as souvenirs instead.)

Towel animal.jpg

After a long but very fun piratey day, we fell into our beds.

“If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.”

015_3903.jpg

“Wherever we want to go, we’ll go.”
005_POC-6520-5.jpg

“Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.”
173_POC-C84-17-173edit.jpg

Last edited:
I see that Michael Harrison did a show on Thursday at 2pm. I have never been on a cruise where he only performed one time. I have seen entertainers switch cruise ships at the ports and assume he is working 2 or more cruise ships and got on probably at Key West. But still I find it unusual that he only performed once. We are on the December 28th cruise and I hope we get to see him as my kids (now 20 & 22) have so many fond memories of his performances from many years ago. He has always been one of our favorite acts.

Maybe the Star Wars movie release threw everything off. I'm not sure but we didn't get a chance to see him. We'll just have to go on another cruise so that we can! :)

DAY 5 Tuesday, December 15th

We again started the day at Beach Blanket Buffet (BBB). We then managed to squeeze in another character meet before our excursion meet up time in Nassau.

First up an autograph book signing.

Smee and Hook 1.jpg

Smee tried to joke around with Evie by holding up her hair but she was not amused. However, she still managed a picture with the pirates!

Smee and Hook 2.jpg

Then we went to the Promenade Lounge to meet with our group for the Seaworld Explorer Semi Submarine tour in Nassau. (If you are interested, the list of Nassau excursions can be found here.)

Soon we were off the ship and onto a boat that would take us to the Semi Submarine.

Evie and Boat.jpg

On the drive out there, we were given a tour of the island and passed by Atlantis.

Atlantis.jpg

The driver did a great job talking about the island and soon we transferred to the Semi Submarine. We made our way downstairs and found some seats. We saw different types of fish, a sea turtle (Crush!) and a shark (Bruce!).
Towards the end of the tour, it started getting hot and stuffy but overall it was a good tour.

Semi Submarine Collage.jpg

Finding-Nemo-Wallpaper-finding-nemo-2500301-1024-768.jpg

bruce-nemo-and-dory-finding-nemo-4788.jpg

After the tour, we went to Sharkeez to try conch fritters. I really wanted to try cerviche but never found it in the time allotted at any of the ports. The conch fritters were good, not great. I'd recommend trying them but don't go out of your way to do so.

Sharkeez.jpg

Conch Fritters.jpg

We were only in Nassau for a few hours so we made our way back to the ship. We went to our room and Evie and I ordered room service while Rob decided to wait for the crowds to die down at BBB.

Then Evie and I went to see "Good Dinosaur." We brought our popcorn bucket, paid for a refill and then got comfortable for the movie. It was a good movie but really sad!

Good Dinosaur 1.jpg

thegooddinosaur1.jpg

While we were in the movie, Santa Claus was in the Lobby Atrium. We didn't go as Evie had already talked to Santa about her Christmas wishes.

After the movie, we attempted to make the Deck the Deck Holiday Party but only caught the tail end of it. Evie then got changed for swimming and soft serve ice cream.

Goofy Pool 1.jpg

Attachments

• Smee and Hook 3.jpg
    Smee and Hook 3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Joining in!

Loving your trip report so far. Hubby and I with our best friends are thinking about doing a Disney cruise for NYE in 2017 so your report is making me so excited!

Can't wait to read the rest.

DAY 5 Tuesday, December 15th continued

While Evie was swimming, Rob stayed by the pool and I completed Anna's Chocolate Chase. The clues were very straightforward so I won't be ruining anything by capturing some places I went to around the ship. It was fun seeing what symbols were posted at each location so I'll leave those as a surprise!

Annas Cho Chase Collage.jpg

After that we rested in our room until it was time to get ready for supper. Then we headed down 1 floor to Deck 4 for supper at Animator's Palate. On the way to the restaurant, we ran into a friend in the hallway!

Minnie in hall.jpg

There was a small wait to get inside the restaurant, and while we waited Evie and Elsa had some fun with her very twirly dress.

supper collage.jpg

After another good supper, which I remember none of what I ate, we headed to the Promenade Lounge so that Evie could get her dance on!

Preludes 2.jpg

Rob wasn't interested in seeing Toy Story The Musical tonight so it was soon time for him to head to the Buena Vista Theatre to watch "Ant Man." Evie and I headed upstairs to get in line for the show and found Minnie so we hopped in line for pictures!

Evie and Minnie 4.jpg

minnie collage.jpg

After that we got in line and waited until the doors were opened to the Walt Disney Theatre. Evie I scored great seats for the show and shortly after that someone came to take our order for gummies and water, which was now Evie's standing order for shows.

Walt Disney Theatre.jpg

Before the show began, Clayton came out on stage and said that "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" would be premEARing on the ship Thursday night. There was a lot of excitement as he explained that our servers would hand out tickets to us at supper the next night and we needed those tickets in order to see the movie. He also said the captain was able to get us 2 extra hours in Key West the next day so instead of 9 AM to 12 PM, we'd be in Key West from 9 AM to 2 PM. After Clayton gave all of his fun news, it was time for the show!

Toy Story.jpg

I had read mixed reviewed on this show but both Evie and I really enjoyed it.

(picture not mine)
Toy-story-musical.jpg

By the time the show was done, so were we. After a long day we made our way back to our room and hit the beds.

Towel Animal.jpg

Last edited:

DAY 6 Wednesday, December 16th

This morning we woke up in Key West and that meant internet!

key west weather.jpg

We checked out the internet for a bit and then headed to the Walt Disney Theatre to go through customs. We got there about 20 minutes early and were done after about a 45 minute process, which mostly involved waiting. Shout out to the nice couple in line next to us for being so friendly and sweet with Evie! We then went to Beach Blanket Buffet for breakfast. After that we met in Animator's Palate for our excursion Conch Tour Train. While we were waiting, Evie danced and watched cartoons that were playing on the screens in the restaurant.

While we were waiting, we realized our friends from Lake Charles were on the same tour! Evie was very excited that she would be able to hang out with their two daughters during the tour. Soon it was time to make our way off of the ship and we followed the tour guide to the Conch Tour Train Depot. Evie and Anna Claire were very cute as they held hands during our walk. Both girls were very sweet with Evie and we are so blessed that we were able to have such a fun morning with them. "I'm four and you're eight but we are these same size!"

Ann Claire 1.jpg

We didn't have a very long wait before we were on the train.

(picture not mine)
conch-tour-train-lg.jpg

It was a 90 minute ride and while interesting to both me and Rob, the novelty quickly wore off for Evie and she got bored and a bit whiny. She finally fell asleep on my lap for the last 15 minutes of the tour.

Below is the Trolley map, which also shows some of the points covered on the Conch Tour Train.

key west points of interest.gif

Southernmost Point

Southernmost Point.jpg

Part of one of the beaches along the tour

key west tour.jpg

After the tour we all got some drinks to cool off. Then we decided to go shopping. Along the way we passed by Sloppy Joe's, which is a bar that was patronized by Ernest Hemingway. The original location at the time Hemingway frequented Sloppy Joe's is a few doors down to the west, just off Duval Street, at 428 Greene Street, and is now called "Captain Tony's Saloon."

The bar went through two name changes before settling on Sloppy Joe's with the encouragement of Hemingway. The name was adopted from the Jose Garcia Rio Havana Club which sold liquor and iced seafood. The floor was always wet from melting ice and patrons would often tease the owner about running such a sloppy place.

The bar is the site of the Ernest Hemingway look-alike contest, started in 1981. It is well known as a tourist attraction, with live bands and slushy drinks.

sloppy joes.jpg

We stopped by a few stores, including Claire's where Evie excitedly got some Shopkins. Rob also cleaned up with several pairs of shoes from the Croc store.

Along the way we saw banyan trees, whose roots touch the ground to form additional trees.

bayon tree 1.jpg

banyon tree 2.jpg

Last edited:
DAY 6 Wednesday, December 16th continued

After we finished shopping, we walked back to the ship. On our way, Evie got into a sword fight with a pirate!

pirate fight 1.jpg

pirate fight 2.jpg

Once back on the ship we went to Beach Blanket Buffet for lunch. Then we spent the afternoon napping as it was going to be a late night with the Freezing the Night Away party at 10:00 PM. We also finished Anna's Chocolate Chase at some point during the afternoon.

Supper was at Parrot Cay, where I had the Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower, Slow Roasted Prime Rib and whatever Onika's recommendation for dessert was.

supper 1.jpg

We also received our Star Wars: The Force Awakens tickets!

star wars tickets.jpg

After supper, we went to the Promenade Lounge so Evie could move and groove!

preludes 1.jpg

Then we went to the show Disney Dreams An Enchanted Classic, which we really enjoyed. We were able to score the same seats from the night before and Rob came to the show with us this time. I'm so excited Evie loved the shows on this trip! Rob didn't necessarily love the shows but there was a guy next to us at the show tonight that gave Rob a can of Not Your Father's Root Beer and he certainly enjoyed that!

(picture not mine)
disney dreams 1.jpg

After the show we went back to our room to get the snowflake necklaces for the Freezing the Night Away party. We went up to Deck 9, found our spots and bought Evie a bubble gun.

freezing the night away 1.jpg

Rob brought his Frozen "Security" shirt with Marshmallow on the front. I originally bought it for him to wear to Evie's 4th Frozen birthday party and I was happy he was able to get more use out of it! You can see the snowflake necklaces in the picture below.

freezing the night away 2.jpg

While Evie did have a good time at the party, it wasn't the same magical time like on PITC night.

freezing the night away 3.jpg

After the Freezing Night Away Deck party we headed to bed to get ready for our last full day on the ship. :sad:

Last edited:
DAY 7 Thursday, December 17th

After we woke up we propped our Anna's Chocolate Chase answers on our bed and headed to Beach Blanket Buffet for breakfast. Then we got Evie changed and went back to Deck 9 so that Evie could go swimming. Before long we noticed that Pluto was at the Gazebo for character pictures. The line was short so Evie happily jumped in line and had a great time meeting Pluto!

pluto collage.jpg

Shortly after that "Brother Bear" began on Funnel Vision. Later that morning Goofy was in the Gazebo but once we checked out the line, she deemed it too long to wait. Some lofty expectations have now been set in regards to character meets!

brother bear collage.jpg

While Evie was swimming, Rob headed to Guest Services to adjust up our tips due to the great service we'd had all week.

server names.jpg

Once Rob was done with that, we traded off and I went shopping for some last minute souvenirs and Star Wars swag. That completed, I headed back to our room to pack where I found 3 Frozen rice krispy treats as our prizes for completing Anna's Chocolate Chase.

annas choc chase prize.jpg

We decided to check out the $10,000 Mega Jackpot Bingo at 11 AM in Wavebands.

around the ship 5.jpg

We didn't win but we had a great time! Good thing we didn't find out how much fun it was until Day 7 as that likely saved us a lot of money. We did decide to pre buy our paper and electronic bingo cards for the afternoon bingo.

I had read about the Jack-Jack's Incredible Diaper Dash and wanted to see the cuteness so we headed there after bingo. I didn't take a picture of the races but there were 3 rounds before the final round and there was cuteness everywhere! The little girl that won sobbed her way down the race lane but was fine once she won, sweet baby!

jack jacks diaper dash 1.jpg

jack jacks diaper dash 2.jpg

After that we went to Beach Blanket Buffet for lunch and then headed back to the room for more packing.

Last edited:
DAY 7 Thursday, December 16th continued

Soon it was time for the Character Dance Party in the Lobby Atrium. This was very high energy with a lot of characters! At the end, when Evie was dancing with Donald Duck
and spontaneously hugged him, my heart squeezed a little. :lovestruc

character dance party collage.jpg

Here is video of Evie enjoying the dance party!

After the dance party we went to Final Jackpot Bingo where we came :
thisclose: to winning, but, alas, we didn't win. Evie took a few more pictures around the ship before we headed back to our room to rest before supper.

around the ship 1.jpg

around the ship 2.jpg

around the ship 3.jpg

around the ship 4.jpg

After resting in our room, we sat our bags outside of the room with the Purple Minnie tags on them for pick-up. Then we headed down to our last supper on the ship, which was at Triton's. :sad:

tritons 2.jpg

tritons 1.jpg

tritons 3.jpg

Last edited:
DAY 7 Thursday, December 17th continued

After supper I brought Evie to the Promenade Lounge for some music and dancing.

family dance party 1.jpg

Then Evie and I went to the Family Dance Party at Wavebands. Rob went back to the room for a bit and then went to stand in line for Star Wars.

Evie had a blast at the dance party! Below is a picture she took for her dance teacher.

family dance party 2.jpg

I love the mature couple dancing on stage! I saw them many times throughout the cruise dancing with their own moves no matter what song was playing.

After the dance party, we joined Rob in line for Star Wars. We heard people talking about the DVC presentation and learned some things about DVC. Then the line started moving and we made it into the Buena Vista Theatre for the 9 PM showing.

star force the force awakens 1.jpg

star wars 2.jpg

About 20 minutes into the movie, Evie got scared so I brought her back to the room while Rob stayed to watch the movie. We watched cartoons and rested before we went to bed as we had an early morning the next morning.

Last edited:
DAY 8 Friday, December 18th

We were up early in order to get breakfast at Triton's with our table mates. After saying good-bye to everyone, we headed to the lobby to find out the status of the disembarking process. We walked around, waited in several different lines and finally went to Wavebands to wait for the Purple Minnie group to be called. Once our group was called, we hoofed it off of the ship, found our bags and walked them down a couple of blocks to the Jeep in the Harbor House parking lot. We then loaded up and headed towards home. We stopped in Beaumont at Cheddar's for lunch before we made it home by early afternoon.

The cruise exceeded my expectations and while we didn't do an onboard booking for another cruise, we do plan on cruising again on Disney some day!

final note cruise collage.jpg

Last edited:
I got it from the FB group Disney Boutique Clothing Resell. Probably the week after Christmas I'll be posting her dresses for sale on that page.

I can't seem to get myself motivated to start posting the dresses for sale. I hope to do so soon, though!

Thanks for the great TR. I really enjoyed reading along and am now so excited for our first Disney cruise!!

Thank you for reading along!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

You'll definitely have to tell us how your first cruise goes. When is it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!