Completed Birthday Spring Break 2018 Trip with 3 Kids and a 3 Resort Stay

Day 6- Flower and Garden Festival and Magic Kingdom

We woke up early and walked over to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. We arrived about 30 minutes early and were held on a bridge outside. We chose the Frozen Ever After FastPass, so we raced to Test Track. It was a long way from the back entrance, and the line was super long. They were already saying it was a 2 hour wait, so we headed to Frozen Ever After so we would not miss our early FastPass. The parks were busy this trip. We knew this was a busy time and adjusted our expectations. This Frozen ride was only a 30 minute wait, so we rode just in time to use our FastPass for a 2nd ride. This was our first time riding it, and we all really enjoyed it. This is our 1st photo.

enhance

The 2nd time we rode it, our kids were ready :)

enhance

We had to get our obligatory troll photo!

enhance

enhance

We then explored the butterfly garden and looked at some gorgeous topiaries.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Then we had to try some delicious snacks!

enhance

The Poutaine with beer cheese soup at the Refreshment Port. My son and I enjoyed that more than the rest of our family.

The macaroon in France was a favorite with us!

enhance

We stopped at many photographers. Look at all of the people in the background.

enhance

We also tried this dessert at the honey booth. It was pretty good.
enhance

We bought 2 bags of this favorite treat!

enhance

We had a FastPass for Living with the Land, so we headed there. The line was the longest for standby I have ever seen. We enjoy this ride and have even taken the Behind the Seeds tour before. We also got in a ride on The Seas with Nemo and Friends. Again, it was a long wait of an hour. It was then time for our Spaceship Earth FastPass. We all really enjoy this ride. After a quick check for a 4th FastPass, there were none left for anything we wanted to ride in Epcot, so we got a FastPass for Haunted Mansion at 9:30pm. It was slim pickings. We then grabbed some food in the American Pavilion (kids choice), and I got some overpriced ravioli at the booth in Italy. We like Test Track (it's no Radiator Springs Racers), but we were not willing to wait 2+ hours, so we waited in line for an hour for Soarin'. We may be in the minority, but we prefer it to Flight of Passage. It was worth the hour! I still think the India part looks really warped. We had only seen the new version at Disneyland so far, so I was somehow surprised the end was at Epcot. We then smelled the flowers for a little while longer and browsed the stores before taking a Friendship boat back to our room to pick up our light up Star Wars ears and headed to Magic Kingdom on a bus.

enhance

We decided on dinner upon arrival and mobile ordered at both Casey's Corner and Pinocchio's Village Haus. Mobile ordering is awesome! Two of my kids wanted Casey's, and I wanted to try the mint julep. I love the one at Disneyland, and this was delicious also. I cannot figure out why they taste so good.

enhance

After our dinner, we headed for Carousal of Progress. This is a favorite must do and never has a line. Next it was almost fireworks time,and we watched them from the People Mover. We were excited to see the lights on in Space Mountain.

enhance

enhance

We then got some more Mickey bars. I love vacation snacks and desserts! It is so hard to watch what I eat again after vacations!

enhance

We also rode Pirates which we love but has the lamest picture ever. It has a cool background but there is no focus point to look at the camera.

enhance

We then used our FastPass for Haunted Mansion. Another first for us was the Country Bear Jamboree. I might have seen it in elementary school, but definitely not as an adult. I have not been interested at all, but we decided to try it. We loved it! We sang Blood on the Saddle for weeks. We will go on it next time. We decided to wait in line for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad as our last ride. It was after midnight, and we did not want to push the kids too much. This is my middle daughter's favorite, and she got the mug as her souvenir on this trip. We then stopped for some pictures in front of the castle.

enhance

It was way less crowded last December!

enhance

We then took the bus back to the Dolphin and went to sleep.

I love your husband's face in this pic!

Even better!

Yum! I wanted to try this and totally forgot about it.

We stopped at many photographers. Look at all of the people in the background.
enhance
Believe it or not, I have seen this area even more crowded!
Great family photo regardless of the amount of people behind you.

We decided on dinner upon arrival and mobile ordered at both Casey's Corner and Pinocchio's Village Haus. Mobile ordering is awesome! Two of my kids wanted Casey's, and I wanted to try the mint julep. I love the one at Disneyland, and this was delicious also. I cannot figure out why they taste so good.

enhance
We were just out in Disneyland and I tried the Mint Julip. So good! I can't wait to try this version next time. I looked up the reciepe, it's because it is a TON of sugar.

Love the picture!

This is my middle daughter's favorite, and she got the mug as her souvenir on this trip
Man, I keep asking to see your stuff! Ha! What does the mug look like? Coffee mugs are one of my favorite things to collect from Disney.

Great photo! Also, I love your girls outfits.

What a wonderful trip (so far!) and a beautiful family. You make the Swan look amazing! Do you get access to 60 day FP and EMH if you stay there?

Love your photos on FEA. Especially your DH in the first one!! Very funny!! :rotfl2:

You got a great family photo in front of the castle! ::yes::

ITA, really like the girl's outfits. :thumbsup2

I have enjoyed reading your trip. I am considering surprising my husband with the afternoon tea because he loves tea so thank you for sharing your experience with that.

I love your husband's face in this pic!

Even better!

Yum! I wanted to try this and totally forgot about it.

Believe it or not, I have seen this area even more crowded!
Great family photo regardless of the amount of people behind you.

We were just out in Disneyland and I tried the Mint Julip. So good! I can't wait to try this version next time. I looked up the reciepe, it's because it is a TON of sugar.

Love the picture!

Man, I keep asking to see your stuff! Ha! What does the mug look like? Coffee mugs are one of my favorite things to collect from Disney.

Great photo! Also, I love your girls outfits.[/QUOTE

Thanks. :) No wonder I love mint Julips!! This is the mug.

enhance

enhance

Loving your trip report! We watched the Vacation video and my kids are hooked on Rhett & Link now!

I've got boy/girl twins, and looking at your family I am betting people ask your two youngest if they are twins a lot!

Loving your trip report! We watched the Vacation video and my kids are hooked on Rhett & Link now!

I've got boy/girl twins, and looking at your family I am betting people ask your two youngest if they are twins a lot!

Thanks! Watching Rhett and Link is one of our favorite things to watch as a family. One of our favorite GMM videos is the how not to get mugged walk. My two youngest are looking more alike than ever now :) My 10 year old is little. We were camping, and my youngest accidentally opened a bathroom door on someone. My 10 year old was in line behind him and ran away also because she thought the person would think it was her since they look so alike :)

Day 7- Typhoon Lagoon

We woke up from our last night at the Dolphin, packed up our stuff, and headed for Typhoon Lagoon. We stopped at Mcdonald's on the way so we could enjoy the park. We did not take our phone in the park, so we got zero pictures :( We never saw any PhotoPass people either :( We were not impressed with Blizzard Beach, so we were worried about Typhoon Lagoon. Our first stop was the wave pool we had heard about. It was so much more impressive than we thought it would be. The waves were massive and so much fun! We ended up spending a lot of time here. I wish I had my phone to take a video, although the ones on Youtube did not seem to do it justice. We also enjoyed the slides a lot. The Crush n Gusher actually made us say "Wheeeeeee." We also thought the lines with water pouring in around our feet were very nice. The only downside was the newest family raft ride only fit up to 4 people, and we have 5. We only drank water here and ate Mickey bars, which of course were yummy. Our next stop was our last hotel, Disney's Boardwalk Inn. We had never stayed here, and I picked it based on the Luna Pool. Check in was easy. The lobby is nice, and I loved looking around it.
enhance

Our room was spacious, and I loved the closet space.

enhance

I prefer the Murphy bed, but this 5th person bed was nice too. This is like the one at the Disneyland Hotel.
enhance

The bathroom was also spacious, and I loved the solar gel they included in the amenities. Despite applying and reapplying sunscreen everyday we had got some sunburn.

enhance

We then went to explore the hotel some more and ate a quick and affordable dinner at the Boardwalk To Go stand. The view were gorgeous!

enhance

We then had to make another stop at Ample Hills!

enhance

enhance

My kids also discovered a photo booth that they could use their MagicBands at. They were so excited.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Then it turned into pool time!

enhance

The Keister Coaster was long and fun, but it kind of hurt your butt. The pool noodles that were there were a hit with my kids also.

enhance

The Hollywood Studios fireworks were visible, which were fun to watch.

enhance

enhance

It got a little chilly at night, so I got out a little early. The hot tub was small and full the entire time we were there.

We then headed back to quickly change and visit the Boardwalk. There was one streetmosphere performer there doing tricks. He was interesting to watch. We watched his entire show. We were hoping to see more but did not.

We then grabbed a snack from the Bakery before doing walking to the Beach and Yacht Club. The Rose Gold cupcake was okay but looked better than it tasted.

enhance

The pier in front of the Yacht Club was fun to explore and get some energy out on. The views were so pretty also.

enhance

After a full lap of exploring, we headed back to our room only to receive a call that my husband's wallet was found by the lighthouse and was waiting on us at the Yacht Club. We are so thankful that a kind and honest person turned it in, and we made a note to not wear those shorts again when running around. So they made one more trip back before bed.

enhance

enhance

The room looks very spacious! I was wondering when I saw the 2 chairs; where does the 5th person sleep? So it was nice to have the couch/bed and 2 chairs. When we stayed at BC or CR the room was a nice size but there was no room for both, only the couch/bed.

Sounds like a great night on the BW. Awesome that someone turned in the wallet too!! :goodvibes

Another great day! Typhoon Lagoon sounds pretty awesome. AH ice cream is so good. Part of me wishes I could buy it here but the other part of me is glad that I can't.

My kids also discovered a photo booth that they could use their MagicBands at. They were so excited.

enhance

I'm not sure how we missed this booth when we stayed there. Photobooths are so fun!

The room looks very spacious! I was wondering when I saw the 2 chairs; where does the 5th person sleep? So it was nice to have the couch/bed and 2 chairs. When we stayed at BC or CR the room was a nice size but there was no room for both, only the couch/bed.

Sounds like a great night on the BW. Awesome that someone turned in the wallet too!! :goodvibes

The couch flipped over into a bed. It was really easy :) We must not have taken a picture of it as a bed, but it was identical to our 5th person bed in the Disneyland Hotel last summer.

enhance

Another great day! Typhoon Lagoon sounds pretty awesome. AH ice cream is so good. Part of me wishes I could buy it here but the other part of me is glad that I can't.

Yes!! I would love to eat it all of the time, but that would not be good for me. It will make it even more special on vacations, though.

I'm not sure how we missed this booth when we stayed there. Photobooths are so fun!
That was one of my kids favorite parts! It was hard to get them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!