COMPLETE - "I DON'T LIKE MY FAMILY!!" — A May WDW Solo Mini-Trip Report + A Summer of Art

I can't imagine. When I visited Italy, the family I stayed with ate around 9pm. I know it's pretty common, but doesn't work well for me.

Yep. They're from Portugal.

:laughing: I get that a lot.

:laughing:

I think that's a pretty healthy approach. After all, it's one ride. I mostly keep that in mind, too.

That's another thing...

It's a ride... it's not governmental policy.

Definitely lots of common ground! Maybe they call it "common" ground because you can find it more often than one might think.

Perhaps. :)

I suspected so. I can definitely understand this. It's a tricky situation...one for which I don't have a perfect answer.

No one does.
I just don't like knee-jerk reactions, either.

I wasn't gonna say it... :thumbsup2

But you coulda. :)

Thanks. I think you're right that it is, indeed, common! And probably has been common for a long time. But the more people talk about it, the more people talk about it, if that makes sense!

::yes::

Aahhhh that makes sense! I wondered who was making this TR smell so funny! :lmao:

Sorry about that.
<goes off to shower... again>

On a positive note though: I've learned that I actually really enjoy working with older adults in long-term care! Who knew!? I haven't had the chance to really read TRs or put together any updates in at least a month.

Your break gave me time to catch up! Really interesting to read about your experience as a solo Disney traveler. (And I also love your comment about working with older adults in long-term care. It's something that may be in the not-so-distant future for my dad. It's a whole new confusing -- and scary -- world and it's nice to hear about someone finding the care fulfilling, as it's sooooo important to have caring care-givers. Not to get off-subject from your fabulous TR!!! :)

htdyxT9.jpg

Fabulous photo! Everyone is having so much fun.

My next FP was for Big Thunder, but I was getting a headache, so I decided to do something a little less rough and change it to Pirates instead.

I love BTMRR but can't do it with a headache either. Good call.

If you look very closely, you can barely see me in the back row of the boat pretending to be a pirate, complete with a @missjackiemcg-esque hook-hand and eye patch. :blush:

I was having trouble finding you.

After my pirate voyage, it was almost time for my now-later dinner ADR at Skipper Canteen, so I went to check in. I ordered one of my favourites, the Tastes Like Chicken, because it's a novelty for me to be able to order a gluten free version of anything resembling fried chicken. It didn't disappoint.

I really want to eat here on our next trip. I'm hoping I don't get out voted.

After my nap, I headed to Magic Kingdom to spend the rest of my evening. My first stop was my FP for Splash Mountain.
The only ride in MK that I won't do! I just don't like that straight down drop.
I did go on it once. Many years ago. I'm good with that.

If you look very closely, you can barely see me in the back row of the boat pretending to be a pirate, complete with a @missjackiemcg-esque hook-hand and eye patch. :blush:
I think they need to make adjustments to the Pirates ride photo. You can barely see anyone in the back row(s). Maybe they need to split it into two. It might look a bit strange but at least you could see everybody in the boat.

After my pirate voyage, it was almost time for my now-later dinner ADR at Skipper Canteen, so I went to check in. I ordered one of my favourites, the Tastes Like Chicken, because it's a novelty for me to be able to order a gluten free version of anything resembling fried chicken. It didn't disappoint.
It looks good. I must admit, I really never considered Skipper's on my August trip. But the majority of reviews I read seem positive.

That Epcot tour sounded really neat! Glad that the heat didn't end up being an issue

But I think new and improved Redd is a super cool chick, and I like that Disney doesn't think it's cool anymore to perpetuate the selling of women.

Well said!

The framing on this is great, and it sounds like a really lovely solo night in the Kingdom! Can't wait to read more of your TR!

Your break gave me time to catch up! Really interesting to read about your experience as a solo Disney traveler. (And I also love your comment about working with older adults in long-term care. It's something that may be in the not-so-distant future for my dad. It's a whole new confusing -- and scary -- world and it's nice to hear about someone finding the care fulfilling, as it's sooooo important to have caring care-givers. Not to get off-subject from your fabulous TR!!! :)

Thanks so much! And yes, it's a really important part of our system of care. There are some really interesting things that can be done for folks in LTC, communication-wise, and otherwise. And I know that, at least here in eastern Canada, people who work in LTC are overworked and underpaid...but most of them are there because they really value the work and the residents they serve.

I really want to eat here on our next trip. I'm hoping I don't get out voted.

I hope you get to try it and that you enjoy the meal!

Your pirate scowl is perfection.

The lady in front of you looks like my husband looks at me when I do this LOL

Thank you! I thought she was hilarious :rotfl:

The only ride in MK that I won't do! I just don't like that straight down drop.
I did go on it once. Many years ago. I'm good with that.

I find it really interesting that this is my favourite ride, but I can't handle Everest, and that you won't do this one and will do Everest!

I think they need to make adjustments to the Pirates ride photo. You can barely see anyone in the back row(s). Maybe they need to split it into two. It might look a bit strange but at least you could see everybody in the boat.

I agree! This photo is pretty terrible, especially if you're in the back!

It looks good. I must admit, I really never considered Skipper's on my August trip. But the majority of reviews I read seem positive.

It was very enjoyable! We go back often. I just find the meals have always been really satisfactory, and it's not as expensive as some other places where I'd expect that same quality.

That Epcot tour sounded really neat! Glad that the heat didn't end up being an issue

The tour was so cool! We've already got it on our wish list for this summer's trip so I can take the info in a second time and Nathan can go for the first time! He loves Epcot so I think it would be right up his alley. And compared to other tours, I thought the price was fairly reasonable.

The framing on this is great, and it sounds like a really lovely solo night in the Kingdom! Can't wait to read more of your TR!

Thanks so much! It's neat that people have commented about liking this photo, because I remember just snapping it quickly as a reminder to myself for my TR about what I did on the way out that night, but I never intended to actually post it. It's kinda nice though :) It was a great night!

Hi Meghan! I loving this TR. A solo trip to WDW sounds like so much fun! It is definitely something I want to do one day. I'm looking forward to reading about your last day on the trip!

--Alison

Hi Meghan! I loving this TR. A solo trip to WDW sounds like so much fun! It is definitely something I want to do one day. I'm looking forward to reading about your last day on the trip!

--Alison

Thanks so much for reading! A solo trip was totally fun, and not nearly as daunting as I might have expected. I hope you get the chance someday!

THE SOLO DAYS

THURSDAY—PART 1

Okay, writing this TR has helped me to learn something about myself over the last 8 months, and that is that I am no good at trying to juggle two TRs at once. It's been an interesting journey of self-discovery, but now it's beginning to get overwhelming and tiresome...so I say rather than getting another update up on my Anniversary TR first, let's just get this sucker finished and out of the way! Get ready, because here comes my LAST solo trip day!

Oof! Going back through the pictures for this update is making me miss having short fun-coloured hair! Must resist the urge to snip...step away from the bleach... Okay! Here we go!

As sad as I was packing up my stuff this morning, it was still nice to know I'd actually have a little more park time left! Normally when we're flying home to Nova Scotia or Maine we need to book flights that leave in the morning, so our whole departure day is gloom-filled. I don't think I'd ever been to a park on a departure day before, actually. But this time I was flying to Toronto to meet N for work, so I had way more flight options at my disposal, and I booked one for late afternoon. I snapped one more All Stars wall selfie on my way to check out.

166dcJH.jpg

I dropped off my suitcase at bell services for safe keeping, and then I was headed on a bus, one last time, to this place:

HiNieQ9.jpg

While I was on the bus, there was a family with two really adorable children across from me. The youngest was probably around 12 months old, and she was munching on what appeared to be the inside of a Mickey waffle left over from breakfast. Her mother was chatting away with the other parents around us on the bus and she was joking (after picking up the baby's toy from the floor) about how much less you worry about your second child. She said they bought organic everything for their first, sanitized everything, would have felt nervous bringing her on the bus with no car seats, etc., but now with her second one if she drops a soother on the floor they just wipe it on their shirts and carry on. :lmao: All the parents around us agreed, and they all had their own anecdotes to tell about their own kids. It was a hoot! Equal parts hilarious and mildly disturbing.

I arrived at the MK and soaked in my last beautiful day of Disney life.

uRC3Gaq.jpg

I got in line for a photopass photographer in front of the castle, and she was fabulous. Unlike some in past who had tried to shuffle me along since I was a solo traveller, she pulled out all the creativity she could muster, and really started to play! She had me doing all kinds of poses, and acting like we were doing our own little photo shoot together. If I'd taken the time to feel self-conscious of what everyone behind me in line was thinking it might have been awkward, but she was having so much fun that I just had fun too! I think she had also had a couple of families before me in line who were very unwilling to play around with her, so she seemed thrilled that we could feed off each other's energy. :goodvibes (A couple of these photos may have been from a second photographer, but I can't quite recall at this point, nine months later.)

M7MoTl6.jpg

DBPDFen.jpg

GWYEMiR.jpg

NFUUIH6.jpg

This was supposed to be a princess pose because she thought my ears and hair reminded her of a certain mermaid. (By this point, people in line behind me were laughing and cheering me on.)

UqxYMb1.jpg

3EfmL8P.jpg

I watched the welcome show at the castle, which I don't think I had really done completely from start to finish before. Then I headed toward the purple wall to take advantage of my last good selfie opportunity before I started to melt in the heat.

vKcrkzQ.jpg

Sx95XpF.jpg

Next, I got in line to meet Merida, and we had a wonderful chat together. :lovestruc

ndaPBRq.jpg

Things got animated...

LWaNqlA.jpg

PVMNmK7.jpg

9P1QXhc.jpg

B1yt8CN.jpg

I had decided to book myself a mid-morning breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest. We had enjoyed it on our honeymoon, and I wanted to know if it still held up for me now that the price had increased. I also knew I'd get some gluten free baked goods there that I could hold on to for my flight home. Spoiler alert: it was perfectly fine, but not worth the exorbitant price.

3D9As8H.jpg

ybYDdiq.jpg

After breakfast I scored a couple of photopass photos outside of Ariel's Grotto, including a sweet little magic shot with Sebastian.

6ogq8Dx.jpg

6krA3VO.jpg

jzmRQcq.jpg

Continued...

THE SOLO DAYS

THURSDAY—PART 2

I rode Peter Pan next. I feel like I had a FP? I don't have it in my notes, but I doubt I would have waited in line for it otherwise.

[Blurry] photos or it didn't happen...

3GvK0dk.jpg

LOclbHK.jpg

Next, I rode the Little Mermaid ride, and I was incredibly frustrated that there were people in front of me in their clamshells taking flash photos, and they were just slightly too far away for me to yell at them...err...I mean to politely ask them to stop.

dMITwOT.jpg

FcQkIRW.jpg

Sadly, the only fireworks I'd be seeing today:

Md7w3hl.jpg

While I was in the neighbourhood it seemed like as good a time as any to pop in on my favourite mermaid in her grotto.

s0mfGYV.jpg

Rxc4K3W.jpg

LK1o0KV.jpg

jKtgPyG.jpg

I told her hello for @pkondz, and it was the strangest thing! I could have sworn for a moment that she had this tiny horrified shudder-like microexpression cross her face. But I must have been mistaken, because in the next moment she was smiling and telling me to give him her regards. @pkondz, no doubt she's obviously still smitten with you.

I walked over to Gaston's Tavern next because the macarons there used to be gluten free (though not dairy free). Since I was adding more dairy back into my diet, I thought I'd take a risk on them. However, when I arrived and checked the allergy binder, they didn't appear to be gluten free anymore. Only a little disappointed, I made my way over to my next FP at Haunted Mansion.

hxJ22l8.jpg

56IxWkL.jpg

I had a FP for Buzz next, so I hopped in front of this backdrop for a photopass picture on the way:

n38et0l.jpg

I tried sitting on the right side of the vehicle in the Buzz ride to see if it impacted my score, and I didn't end up getting Galactic Hero status this time, so I resigned myself to giving N the benefit of the doubt from now on—he usually ends up on the right side of ride vehicles, and he usually scores lower here than I do.

2gDSbEo.jpg

It was getting closer to my Tragical Express pick-up time, so I decided to head back to the resort and grab my lunch there while I waited, just to be extra safe.

On my way out of the park, I drowned my sorrows in a raspberry frozen lemonade.

bNqvvDW.jpg

I got back to the resort, re-collected my bag, and ordered some allergy-friendly chicken fingers and fries for lunch. It was the last order of chicken fingers I'd have the opportunity to eat until we returned in August, so I made the most of it!

5Nh4tZn.jpg

9RcnZjP.jpg

KXJOT7W.jpg

When I couldn't put it off any longer, I went outside to wait for my Tragical Express pick-up.

Jkoi3qy.jpg

The only thing that made getting on the bus easier was knowing that I'd be back in my favourite place with my favourite guy again in a matter of a few months.

I managed to navigate the airport on my own with no trouble, as I had done before, but I certainly wasn't in the best mood to be going home. Once I got to my terminal and went to check the departures board, I saw a family of 5 or 6 people standing around in the area with all their luggage around them...well...most of them were standing. The only family member who wasn't standing, to be specific, was a little boy who might have been around 3.5 years old. He was sprawled out on the floor having a real doozy of a tantrum, screaming at the top of his lungs. (He looked an awful lot like this, really: :rotfl2:) I struggled not to laugh at the precious and hilarious scene, as he hurled out what he must have felt were the ugliest insults he could muster: "I DON'T LIKE YOU!" he screamed at his parents with gusto, as if it were the most hateful thing in the world that could possibly be said. "I DON'T LIKE YOU! I DON'T LIKE MY FAMILY!" :rotfl: Poor little guy. Sometimes I felt like I was throwing out a figurative "I don't like my family!" to my own clan by picking up and leaving for the entire spring and summer, barely having time to stop in for quick visits between weeks on the road. N's family was always complaining about how we weren't putting in the effort to spend time with them and make them a priority. So this moment made me smile and just seemed a little too appropriate.

At the gate waiting to board my plane, I saw this little girl who was carrying her kitty on her back! It made me excited that I would be seeing our little bean, Stacey, again before too long.

gI438HE.jpg

It was finally time to return to Canada! We had more work to do so we could afford to go back to WDW soon!

9HSXwTL.jpg

This is my thrilled-to-fly face:

fQk74Gq.jpg

And plane snacks! (I spent the first half of the flight too nauseas to eat anyway, but by the time I came around during the second half, this really hit the spot!)

EIlb26a.jpg

(I wish I could find these in single serving packs at home for school and travelling. I take my own hummus and crackers/veggies with tupperware, which is more environmentally conscious anyway, but these are super cute and convenient.)

And with that, another WDW trip was in the books! Next up, I'll be working to get some updates going for my current TR from our anniversary trip last August. I'll need to hurry up and get that written, because we've just booked our dates and ADRs for our next August trip this summer! Thank you so much to all of my Dis-friends old and new for sticking with me and participating in my solo trip TR! :grouphug: I'll see you all real soon!

Oof! Going back through the pictures for this update is making me miss having short fun-coloured hair!

You rock the colored (and short) hair like nobody's business!

This is so cute!!! That PP did a wonderful job. Seriously, it's like a postcard!

(By this point, people in line behind me were laughing and cheering me on.)

Did you die of embarrassment? I might have.. haha

One of the best magic shots I've seen! Something about the lighting at that particular moment makes it look like you're actually holding Sebastian!

ext, I rode the Little Mermaid ride, and I was incredibly frustrated that there were people in front of me in their clamshells taking flash photos,

Biggest pet peeve! It takes me right out out of the ride. And it's extra annoying because you know they didn't even get a good picture from it!

"I DON'T LIKE YOU! I DON'T LIKE MY FAMILY!"

At last!

Reminds me of Home Alone!

What a wonderful conclusion to a fun-filled solo trip! I love the idea of some solo time at Disney, and reading your recaps was a great way to pretend I was getting the kind of opportunity for a few minutes. :goodvibes

Both the family on the bus and the one with the kid at the airport cracked me up. Landon has definitely used to use the "I don't like you" threat in his younger years. :rotfl:

That kitty on the little girl's back! I've never seen a contraption like that before.

All your MK selfies are adorable and your hair with those ears were perfect.:love:

No better way to end a Disney trip than with a fun straw :) I like to request them in my Miller Lites at the pool bar, Petals. They always give them to me with only a slight shake of the head in the process LOL

Aww, that poor little guy at the airport, but you described the tantrum perfectly--they just don't really have a handle on anything awful to say. Jimmy once had a big meltdown and yelled at me, "You smell!" It was very difficult to stay mad at him!

Okay, writing this TR has helped me to learn something about myself over the last 8 months, and that is that I am no good at trying to juggle two TRs at once.
I can see that. Although I have only written one, I imagine trying to juggle two would be tricky.

Normally when we're flying home to Nova Scotia or Maine we need to book flights that leave in the morning, so our whole departure day is gloom-filled. I don't think I'd ever been to a park on a departure day before, actually. But this time I was flying to Toronto to meet N for work, so I had way more flight options at my disposal, and I booked one for late afternoon.
This is probably the same flight I left on. Since there are no direct flights to Newfoundland, we always go though Toronto or Montreal and like to get the later flight. Having said that, I have never done a park on the last day. We kind of take that morning to pack and unwind after a tiring week at Disney.

I got in line for a photopass photographer in front of the castle, and she was fabulous. Unlike some in past who had tried to shuffle me along since I was a solo traveller, she pulled out all the creativity she could muster, and really started to play!
The photographers are really hit or miss. I always get Memory maker, but the quality and skill - or lack thereof - of some photographers has always been an irritation for me. Sounds like you lucked into a good one!

I watched the welcome show at the castle, which I don't think I had really done completely from start to finish before.
Confession. I have never seen it. Or the train station show before that. We've never managed to get to MK before rope drop :sad1:

I had decided to book myself a mid-morning breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest. We had enjoyed it on our honeymoon, and I wanted to know if it still held up for me now that the price had increased. I also knew I'd get some gluten free baked goods there that I could hold on to for my flight home. Spoiler alert: it was perfectly fine, but not worth the exorbitant price.
I've never been to Be Our Guest. It looks great inside, but the so-so reviews have always held me back.

He was sprawled out on the floor having a real doozy of a tantrum, screaming at the top of his lungs. (
I can thankfully say that I have never been on the receiving end of a tantrum that extreme!

I know I look pretty shocked, but I was mostly just concerned with my hat staying on.

Love it!

The person in front of me ^ looks thrilled! :rotfl:

:lmao:

I was a little nervous about going to this ADR as a solo diner because I thought it might be awkward with all the corny jokes, or I thought my skipper wouldn't take much time with me. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my skipper, Jared, was totally on his game and treated me just as well as if I'd been there with a group! His jokes were on point, and he was super attentive without hovering. I sent a cast compliment out after I left thanking Skipper Jared for making me feel totally comfortable as a solo diner and making my meal so much fun.

That's so awesome that you could still have a fun time. Traveling can be tricky with places like that and I'm glad to hear that Skippers is still a place that won't make one feel awkward.

So cute!

While I was on the bus, there was a family with two really adorable children across from me. The youngest was probably around 12 months old, and she was munching on what appeared to be the inside of a Mickey waffle left over from breakfast. Her mother was chatting away with the other parents around us on the bus and she was joking (after picking up the baby's toy from the floor) about how much less you worry about your second child. She said they bought organic everything for their first, sanitized everything, would have felt nervous bringing her on the bus with no car seats, etc., but now with her second one if she drops a soother on the floor they just wipe it on their shirts and carry on. :lmao: All the parents around us agreed, and they all had their own anecdotes to tell about their own kids. It was a hoot! Equal parts hilarious and mildly disturbing.

Classic! Definitely can relate to that!

YES!! You look fantastic!

I told her hello for @pkondz, and it was the strangest thing! I could have sworn for a moment that she had this tiny horrified shudder-like microexpression cross her face. But I must have been mistaken, because in the next moment she was smiling and telling me to give him her regards. @pkondz, no doubt she's obviously still smitten with you.

:rotfl:Too funny!

He was sprawled out on the floor having a real doozy of a tantrum, screaming at the top of his lungs. (He looked an awful lot like this, really: :rotfl2:) I struggled not to laugh at the precious and hilarious scene, as he hurled out what he must have felt were the ugliest insults he could muster: "I DON'T LIKE YOU!" he screamed at his parents with gusto, as if it were the most hateful thing in the world that could possibly be said. "I DON'T LIKE YOU! I DON'T LIKE MY FAMILY!" :rotfl: Poor little guy.

Oh dear. That screams of post-Disney sadness. Poor kiddo.

Okay, writing this TR has helped me to learn something about myself over the last 8 months, and that is that I am no good at trying to juggle two TRs at once.

I hear you. I will never do that. One is plenty of work. Two? Fuhgetaboutit.

Get ready, because here comes my LAST solo trip day!

Woot!

I don't think I'd ever been to a park on a departure day before, actually.

I don't think I have either... for the same reasons you mentioned.

She said they bought organic everything for their first, sanitized everything, would have felt nervous bringing her on the bus with no car seats, etc., but now with her second one if she drops a soother on the floor they just wipe it on their shirts and carry on. :lmao:

::yes:: I used to say this same joke. Except I'd say I wiped it on my pants. Can't remember which comedian said that first.

It was a hoot! Equal parts hilarious and mildly disturbing.

Sheesh, you drop one baby on their head and everyone's upset. I don't know what the big deal is, it wasn't even my baby!

I got in line for a photopass photographer in front of the castle, and she was fabulous. Unlike some in past who had tried to shuffle me along since I was a solo traveller, she pulled out all the creativity she could muster, and really started to play!

:goodvibes Really glad you had fun with that. :)

Love this shot. You're too cute, Meghan!

This was supposed to be a princess pose because she thought my ears and hair reminded her of a certain mermaid.

Let me be the judge of that. After all... I am an expert.

(And you do. ;))

(By this point, people in line behind me were laughing and cheering me on.)

:laughing: Yay!

Things got animated...

I see what you did there.

Spoiler alert: it was perfectly fine, but not worth the exorbitant price.

Hmm... Have an ADR there for May. Guess I'll see. Lunch, though. Not breakfast.

Such a great shot!

[Blurry] photos or it didn't happen...

::yes::

Next, I rode the Little Mermaid ride, and I was incredibly frustrated that there were people in front of me in their clamshells taking flash photos, and they were just slightly too far away for me to yell at them...err...I mean to politely ask them to stop.

Grrr...

<flashes light in their faces> "Oh. Sorry. Does that bother you?"

Sadly, the only fireworks I'd be seeing today:

I think if you'd been closer to those people using flash, there might have been fireworks...

While I was in the neighbourhood it seemed like as good a time as any to pop in on my favourite mermaid in her grotto.

It's always a good time to pop in.

I told her hello for @pkondz, and it was the strangest thing! I could have sworn for a moment that she had this tiny horrified shudder-like microexpression cross her face. But I must have been mistaken, because in the next moment she was smiling and telling me to give him her regards.

:lmao:

Hey!

@pkondz, no doubt she's obviously still smitten with you.

Of course she is. What's not to love?

Only a little disappointed, I made my way over to my next FP at Haunted Mansion.

Yuss...

Like that shot!

I tried sitting on the right side of the vehicle in the Buzz ride to see if it impacted my score, and I didn't end up getting Galactic Hero status this time, so I resigned myself to giving N the benefit of the doubt from now on—he usually ends up on the right side of ride vehicles, and he usually scores lower here than I do.

So next time, put him on the right and kick his butt! :laughing:

On my way out of the park, I drowned my sorrows in a raspberry frozen lemonade.

ooohhh… where does one find this concoction?

I want that.

The only thing that made getting on the bus easier was knowing that I'd be back in my favourite place with my favourite guy again in a matter of a few months.

:goodvibes
That certainly helps, doesn't it?

I certainly wasn't in the best mood to be going home.

No one ever is, dear.

The only family member who wasn't standing, to be specific, was a little boy who might have been around 3.5 years old. He was sprawled out on the floor having a real doozy of a tantrum, screaming at the top of his lungs.

I love that. Entertaining.

(He looked an awful lot like this, really: :rotfl2:)

I struggled not to laugh at the precious and hilarious scene, as he hurled out what he must have felt were the ugliest insults he could muster: "I DON'T LIKE YOU!" he screamed at his parents with gusto, as if it were the most hateful thing in the world that could possibly be said. "I DON'T LIKE YOU! I DON'T LIKE MY FAMILY!"

:laughing: You go, little guy!

N's family was always complaining about how we weren't putting in the effort to spend time with them and make them a priority.

pfftt… live your own lives.

Space alien cat!

Nice. You got the plus seat. I've tried on my last few flights but they've been sold out. Dang it.

This is my thrilled-to-fly face:

fQk74Gq.jpg

Yep. You look exceptionally thrilled.

Thank you so much to all of my Dis-friends old and new for sticking with me and participating in my solo trip TR! :grouphug: I'll see you all real soon!

And thanks so much for sharing with us! :hug:

Sounds a very nice last day in Disney. I'm subbed to your other report but haven't started it yet. Now that this one is finished I'll head over there to read about more fun.

THE SOLO DAYS

MONDAY—Part 2:

I pulled out my giant ziplocks and my waterproof crocs sandals from my backpack, zipped up all my belongings including my sneakers, and decided to brave the rain.

8BOIDmt.jpg

I'd had a wonderful first solo day, and I never felt alone with all the fun things I did, and with all the wonderful new people I'd met, as evidenced here...

74F7czV.jpg

Coming soon: my second solo day, beginning at my favourite park!

I also pack Ziploks in my park bag for rain and water rides. I have a pair of Crocs that I use for yard work. They are waterproof, but I find that they get very slippery when wet.

Both sides of your completed Duffy are amazing! I did the Kidcot Stations this past summer, but it had changed to the Ziplock suitcase with the mini postcards at each station. It felt a little awkward as an adult, but I enjoyed the interaction with the cast members.

PHOTO CHALLENGE:

Over the course of the day, I managed to complete my Epcot World Showcase photo challenge! One unique photo from every pavilion. Some of the photos I've already shared with you were contenders, but in the end these were the ones I picked...

MEXICO

g3GBBiD.jpg

NORWAY

ukAg3jr.jpg

CHINA

UkvDL4T.jpg

GERMANY

bMy9Jdg.jpg

ITALY

La0ift4.jpg

AMERICA

hyb3WwC.jpg

JAPAN

BSIrSvN.jpg

MOROCCO

1jlXUWk.jpg

FRANCE

vO8KXRb.jpg

UK

PnA5dzN.jpg

CANADA

546btrZ.jpg

I had fun exploring the pavilions more intently than I normally would to take these photos—which, really, was the purpose of the challenge in the first place—and I think they're kind of neat. They're all as different from each other as the pavilions are, and all valuable to me in preserving my memories of my trip. :goodvibes

I tried to do this same challenge on my solo trip last summer! Like you, I'm also in school and have been doing a terrible job keeping up with my trip report and haven't gotten to this part yet. I've always loved the pavilions, but like you, I spent more time appreciating the pavilions and looking for details I might otherwise overlook. I'm going to have a difficult time choosing my favorite photo from each pavilion, especially Morocco!

My favorite ones from your challenge are Norway for the story it tells, China for the details, and Japan for the colors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!