comparison of Universal resorts

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
We are straying from our usual haunts at WDW and we're going to try Universal. We've never been before. Can someone compare the resorts for me now that the new one is open? Where should we stay with a 6 year old and an almost 9 year old?

We just got back from a 3-night stay at HRH. It was a lively spot with a great pool that I'm sure your kids would love!!!HRH is within easy walking distance of Universal Studios, which you might find a plus with the ages of your children.:D

We did a short stay at the Hard Rock Hotel last August. (It was planned to be six nights but my DD went to the dentist shortly before the trip, bit the dentist and. . . .well that's not what you asked me, is it?)

The HRH is a great resort. There is R'n'R memorabilia in the lobbies and halls. Music video in the lobby. A Bell captain with a checkerboard hairdo. A staff that really enjoys the place. A big, if shallow, pool with music piped up from the bottom, lots of kid activities at the pool, too. The HRHis within walking distance to the two parks or you can take the canal boat to rest on the short trip. The rooms are at least as big as at WDW and the resort is well-insulated and quiet. You get a rock CD when you arrive and the health club is fine.

Of course the very best part of your stay will be getting FOTL in the parks with the room key. This is indescribable. Once you get this worked out for yorself, you will be able to to the attractions with almost no waiting time. Leaves the bulk of the day for shows, for meals, and for City Walk. Or you can just keep doing the coasters over and over and over. . . .

Of course, I think Spiderman is the best ride I've ever been on.

Enjoy the Universal trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter